Immortal Love

And in a way you can not lose me. So what do you want to do about this?

She smiled reaching a hand to his cheek.
 
He looked down at her,

"We can still die, I can still lose you."

He rested his hand on her own,

"I am not certain what to make of this."
 
No... we can not die remember... the jealous one who cursed us... we can not die.

She looked to his hand covering hers and smiled a little. She doubted the poor girl that cursed them had gotten anything about it right so who knows what would happen to them or if they ever could really die.
 
He smiled sadly at her,

"If we get our heads chopped off we die. I doubt that we can survive that."
 
Of course think of the worst... We must not think on that and enjoy our lives for we do have very very long ones.

She smiled and curled close against him kissing his cheek.
 
He ran his fingers through her hair,

"Perhaps I am a realist and know what can happen."

He smiled and gave her a tight hug,

"But perhaps we can break Shiri's curse?"
 
Perhaps... but how...

She hugged him as well with a soft smile. Could they break that curse... but what would happen if they did?
 
"I think the answer lies in the words of the spell itself, but it's been a long time."

He took her hand,

"It's late, let's find a bed and rest."
 
Yes... Lets... It has been so long I do not remember really what she said.

Turning to walk with him sleep was beginning to tug at her mind.
 
He stopped at her door and opened it for her, glancing quickly around to make sure that it was safe.

"Well then, I bid you a good night."
 
Just as she suspected and nodding.

Yes... good night... now get some sleep Deacon.

She smiled and kissed his cheek again.
 
He took her face in his palms and kissed her on the lips,

"Sleep well Samira, see you in the morning."

He let go of her and headed for his own room
 
She watched him for a moment before walking into her room and closing the door. Sleep claimed her quickly once she had laid down on the bed as her dreams were once more after so very long filled with her lost home and all she had dealt with there for so long. leading to this place now with Deacon and what it all meant.
 
He laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling,

"Love will set us free, but we will never find love..."

He was talking to himself, but the musings helped at times when he needed to think about answers.

"We will wander this world, unable to die...that must be the snag in the spell. She did not condemn us to not being able to love, only that we will find no love. But if we do find love...we will be mortal."

He frowned, did he want to be mortal again?
 
Dreams plagued her she awoke crying more than once through the night till she finally was so far beyond exhausted that she could no longer dream and slept till well beyond the dawn. Once she sis exit her room she was a little shaky and hard to find her focus as she made her way down stairs. Unsure if she even wanted to dance that day or to simply hide and seek rest later again.
 
Sleep had finally found him, he woke the next morning, a bit groggy, but no worse for wear. He got ready for the day and headed downstairs, Samira on the other hand looked like hell. He took a seat close to her and took her hand,

"Something the matter?"
 
Our talking of Shiri and all of that apparently got my mind focusing on it and remembering all that went before the curse and even after.... I... I will be fine.

She smiled to him trying to reassure him.
 
He looked searchingly at her for a long time, saying nothing,

"All right, but take some time off. Try to sleep or something, I'm sure the business will survive without you for a few hours."
 
No no need to disappoint the customers... I... I will be fine.

She smiled patting his cheek and motioned over a server to bring her something to eat.
 
He searched her face and then her eyes, then he sighed,

"Fine, if you feel that you'll be alright, then who am I to argue."

He patted her hand and moved away from the table
 
She knew he was trying to take care of her and make sure but she could not let that past still plague her. Once the food arrived she ate some and was relaxing there at the table letting her eyes close till she could force the memories out of her mind and let her mind return more to the fact that he could feel her. She was still curious exactly what that meant but it was strangely comforting and peaceful.
 
He went for his usual stroll at sunset, the children of course waiting for him as usual. He returned later, ready for another evening in which he could spend time with the only love that man could not take from him. The music.
 
When he returned she seemed in better spirits and mindset as she smiled to him.

So did the kids enjoy their little parade and concert today?

She loved that he did that for the children its not like they would understand her dancing so young but to see him interact with them was so heart warming.
 
"Of course, music is a universal language, but of course it does help to know their history and tell them tales of old in a way they will always enjoy. Fables!"

He grinned and sat down on a table, he blew on his flute, a silly lighthearted melody ending with a shrill tweet, like some exotic bird.

"You are feeling better I hope?"
 
Yes I am feeling better. Just had to distance my mind from all of the past and relax.

She took another sip of her drink.

One of our servers though has been set on edge by a foreigner according to her who has been asking questions about us. She has in fact asked her brother one of the local guard to stop by this evening since the stranger said he would be back then.
 
Back
Top