How Were Your High School Years?

Lancecastor

Lit's Most Beloved Poster
Joined
May 14, 2002
Posts
54,670
I don't think we've ever talked about this...but it should be fun.

Want me to go first?

I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else wants to start things off.
 
You guys are real chatty cathies over here in the Lounge.

I had a great time in HS...I was on the football team, hockey team, student council, emceed and performed (comedy) at all the school talent shows, maintained a low 90's average, won two bursary/prizes upon graduation, dated arguably the prettiest girl in the school, who was a year ahead of me, had my own car, a great part-time job...loads of fun!
 
I don't think we've ever talked about this...but it should be fun.

Want me to go first?

I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else wants to start things off.

giphy.gif


Fuck off asshole and stop using my image as your profile picture.
 
My favorite class was weightlifting, I always needed a spotter.
 
Mine rocked. I had a great time. I had my own designated seat in both in-school and after school detention, had a lot of fun on sports team (baseball, football, wrestling and boxing), and still managed to graduate second in my class. I did end up in jail on prom night, but that was pretty....wait for it...legendary.
 
I loved high school. Played four years of varsity basketball, was a cheerleader, made good enough grades, had lots of friends, moved easily among different groups of people, teachers-students, athletes-brainiacs, joiners-misfits. Things are more fun that way.

Also, I fell in love, of course. We had nothing in common. He was a loner bookish senior, I was a silly popular sophomore. He introduced me to poetry, philosophy, foreign films, taught me to use chopsticks.

My parents hated him. I adored him. Ahhh.. first love, blind love.

Yeah, high school was fun. I loved high school.
 
Quiet.

I graduated at 16 and did two of those years at the junior college under early admittance, so I didn't spend much time there.
 
You guys are real chatty cathies over here in the Lounge.

I had a great time in HS...I was on the football team, hockey team, student council, emceed and performed (comedy) at all the school talent shows, maintained a low 90's average, won two bursary/prizes upon graduation, dated arguably the prettiest girl in the school, who was a year ahead of me, had my own car, a great part-time job...loads of fun!

You could have just put this in your profile.
 
Meanwhile, I was a cheerleader, class president, in the public speaking club. Honor society.

Full tuition from Harvard.

Dated the bad boy, that all the girls wanted.

:rolleyes:

Some is true, some is not.

Kind of like Lancies post
 
Denny

You guys are real chatty cathies over here in the Lounge.

I had a great time in HS...I was on the football team, hockey team, student council, emceed and performed (comedy) at all the school talent shows, maintained a low 90's average, won two bursary/prizes upon graduation, dated arguably the prettiest girl in the school, who was a year ahead of me, had my own car, a great part-time job...loads of fun!
How can us normal kids even compare? I was in the drama class. I got to write my own short play which included kissing a pretty girl. I was too busy working and paying for my car to be a good sport.
Actually they wrote a song about my highschool years. I graduated in a small town in the class of '57 as I had a dream.

The first 8 years were the hardest.
In my 10th year of HS I passed my dad and felt so much better.

spread-your-legs.jpg



"Heavy Petting"
Yep I took my first real Girlfriend to the drive-in pikture shows and broke in the back seat of my '49 Dodge. It didn't have maximum leg room but she learned how to get bent. I'm still dating my highschool sweetheart and that's all that matters.
 
I was in the rugby team. We lost every match except two that were abandoned. One was stopped because our scrum, including me, had uprooted the rugby posts. The second one was stopped because the ambulance service refused to collect any more injured players. We had started with two teams of fifteen. Halfway through, when the ambulances wouldn't come again, we had eighteen players left on the pitch.

I was in the third rowing eight. We weren't that bad. We won a couple of races but in our major event of the season we came third (of six) overshot the finishing line and sunk ourselves by running into an incoming wave.
 
High School. Oh My!

I tried to keep a low profile... most of the time.

I got sent to the office at least Eighteen times, was expelled four times.

I fell in with bad company. My two best friends were a Preacher's son and the other was a Minster's son. Kind of went down hill after that. Both had motorcycles and I knew where I could borrow one whenever I wanted.

I wish I could say I was an innocent lad as a sixteen year old sophomore but I am afraid lighting would strike me.

By that time in my life I knew my way around Cars, Weed and Females. I could forge my mothers name as well as the vice principles. I was buying Liquor and beer from legal places and knew where all three bootleggers lived for after hours. I there was a party going on I usually was there.

I tried to keep a low profile I was basically a shy and quite Guy. I only dated three girls from my High School...one after I was already out of school.

I was not a popular guy per say, I was a Plow boy (lived on a ranch/farm)...not Handsome... not wealthy and not known for being a ladies man. The average high school babe never knew I existed. The party people did!:D

I and my buds got in trouble for skipping school with some girls.(one of them squealed when she was caught.) I found a flaw in the system and skipped about three months of my senior year. By that time I was bored and wanted to get the hell out of there. I was lucky I made it out alive...;)
 
Back
Top