Private message pictures

Hello everyone I'm brand new here...what I am trying to figure out is how do you post a picture to someone in a private message if you were using your phone??? I've been trying with absolutely no luck

The only way to include a picture is through a hotlink to a URL. You cannot attach a picture to a PM.

The only way to include a picture is through a hotlink to a URL. You cannot attach a picture to a PM.

I noticed you always have the answers to all the tech questions. When I need to know something I'm just gonna pm you directly to eliminate the other guesswork. :)

I noticed you always have the answers to all the tech questions. When I need to know something I'm just gonna pm you directly to eliminate the other guesswork. :)

Sure, but I have more questions than answers, so you might get a question as your answer. ;)

You actually can post a picture in a pm, if you embed it. Still need to link it to a hosting site however.

It works exactly as posting on the forum does ... hopefully this helps someone! :)

1. Choose linking or embedding in your private message.
2. Choose linking or embedding from your picture hosting site.
3. Using MSN Cloud, this is where I find the embed option.
4. When embedding a picture, you can choose your picture size.
5. Make sure you copy the entire link or it will not work.
6. This is the link you use for sharing, rather than embedding. The two URL's are different and not interchangable.

Open your sharing or embedding option on Lit and delete the http:// that is in there and paste your new link in the now empty box. I suggest always previewing the post/message when doing this to make sure you have the right links! :) I hope this helps somewhat.

y4mlIEFLqIGrJYHS907ixf_nYMM2hiN6EbH7DrOIfMPxGn7TkvbTMzoY8lq4gaH-bDRDWybOB9Xe2utjoq8--XKJlhjaZKOko_DL8RRrOB0jaWjIernCR3ypHSijavMt-k2gnxyc6S3zedqwoa4d6uY-Y3RalTMPTrdfFG5lGDBSfEZVSFsOFfsq7-a4A6Oc19UUoa1xhWXT3BaRBXDrTThAw

All those links, I felt I had to embed something!

Last edited:
You actually can post a picture in a pm, if you embed it. Still need to link it to a hosting site however.

It works exactly as posting on the forum does ... hopefully this helps someone! :)

1. Choose linking or embedding in your private message.
2. Choose linking or embedding from your picture hosting site.
3. Using MSN Cloud, this is where I find the embed option.
4. When embedding a picture, you can choose your picture size.
5. Make sure you copy the entire link or it will not work.
6. This is the link you use for sharing, rather than embedding. The two URL's are different and not interchangable.

Open your sharing or embedding option on Lit and delete the http:// that is in there and paste your new link in the now empty box. I suggest always previewing the post/message when doing this to make sure you have the right links! :) I hope this helps somewhat.

y4mlIEFLqIGrJYHS907ixf_nYMM2hiN6EbH7DrOIfMPxGn7TkvbTMzoY8lq4gaH-bDRDWybOB9Xe2utjoq8--XKJlhjaZKOko_DL8RRrOB0jaWjIernCR3ypHSijavMt-k2gnxyc6S3zedqwoa4d6uY-Y3RalTMPTrdfFG5lGDBSfEZVSFsOFfsq7-a4A6Oc19UUoa1xhWXT3BaRBXDrTThAw

All those links, I felt I had to embed something!

Or if you don't care who else sees the image and if you own the image you can attach it to a post here at Lit and then use the URL as the hotlink in a PM. A whole lot simpler way to do it.

Back