Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

He frowned at her words and then as she turned to display herself at him understanding came to him, a smile touched his mouthcorners,

"Settle in and sleep, I'm guessing that you will be sharing the room with me? I would love if you could show me what bed is mine."

He did his best to not admire her naked skin, but he was just a man and he failed, but at that moment he was too tired and hungry to take up any of her offers. He bit off another piece of bread, followed it with cheese and swallowed it all down with wine.
 
This is the room that Salim has for you. I am only here if you wish me to be here this night.

She looked a little saddened. but stepped closer to him.

Mirri can help you... whatever you require... Playing so much music I saw how your hands seemed to pain you.

reaching for one of his hands she set down the wine glass from his hand and bringing it close to her heart she began to massage his hand smiling into his eyes.
 
Deacon Frost

He gave her a genuine smile this time,

"Now just add a bit of oil to that massage and I will play a song just for you tomorrow night."

He meant it as well, he was out of practice and she had to be a very astute observer to have noticed that his fingers cramped at some intervals.

"As for the offer, I am flattered, really I am. But it has been a long time since I played this much and I had a long day's travel to get here. I am really very tired, I will most probably not even rise to the occasion and that my dear would be a much bigger insult to you, than the truth of me being tired."
 
She nodded and moved to get oils and again massaged his hand understanding what he said she nodded and then after thinking for a moment.

Would you wish Mirri to return here with you when our home closes tomorrow night?

She smiled to him. You could tell Owner that Mirri now lives with you here. Salim would not mind as long as just like the others I still dance and allow patrons to travel with me to my room.
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled,

"My you are tenacious are you not? If you live here, you would sleep here, that means you will bring men here and that is something that will bother me, since my personal belongings will be here."

He gently patted her cheek,

"You should listen what I sing my dear, maybe you will get to understand me better then."

He turned his attention to finishing his meal as she massaged his cramped hands.
 
I would still have my room for guests but be safe here with you at night.

Nodding she waited for him to finish eating and then for him to begin to play once more and sing. Confused as to why he was not like others and was not already demanding of her but he said his song would explain it so she waited.
 
Deacon Frost

He sat down on the table top and slipped the guitar on to his lap, his fingers starting to dance over the strings as he brought a tune to life. A tune that spoke of hidden desires, yet no means of fulfilling them, when he finally started to sing, it was in a soft voice, calming.

"I have traveled mountains, crossed deep rivers. Love has driven me away, yet I have no desire to return. The loving arms of a woman can never be mine again, pain is all I carry. Music will hold me, defend and feed me. Blades of steel will find my own, lives will end like my own. Love is not for me anymore, desire have fled from me. Silken skin, dancing eyes, a lover's smile all has fled from me, I can not love nor be loved. The days come and they go, I grow older, will die alone. Life is my burden, music is my release. Power from within, power from without, power is all that matters in the hearts of man, from the lands of plenty to a bed so empty. Nothing can save a torn out heart, nobody can replace what has been taken away. Music soothes the pain, words are what makes the music alive, nothing more is left, just the music and the pain of days past."

This was the closest he would ever coming to bear his broken soul to anybody, the music moved along with his words, dragging forth the pain he carried, telling how the most sensual touch was nothing more to him than just a touch.
 
Why do you sing such pain... what happened that I could not help you forget for even a moment in time?

She watched him carefully biting her lip. His song scared her a little at such sorrow and pain.

She had seen him watch Samira and wondered if she had something to do with this.
 
Deacon Frost

He sat in silence for a long time, then slipped the guitar from his shoulder and the sorrow left his eyes. He gave her a sad smile and again patted her cheek,

"I killed the woman that I loved, I have nothing left in life. Even the touch of the loveliest woman is just a touch to me. I have traveled the known worlds and more. Samira that you so envy is beautiful, but I have been with even more beautiful women and they could not soothe my soul. I am lost my dear, I have nowhere I belong."

He got up from the table and moved to the bed, stripping as he went, revealing horrible scars over his back and legs. He got into bed and closed his eyes, then he spoke again,

"Feel free to stay, I bid you a good night Mirri."
 
She retreated to her room scared and confused. She did not like feeling this way nor being cast aside so. She was hurt by this man but sorry for him as well. It was all too complex for her as she moved to lie down and go to sleep.

The dawn game as well as the Prince who rested for a time before the "banquet" for his arrival. Samira had been fixed up and by several of the others and walked out into the main room where the young yet dark and cruel looking young prince sat. The soft scent of desert jasmine faintly billowing from her as she began to dance.
 
Deacon Frost

He had risen with the others, he was standing in a dark corner, watching the dancers when the Prince grunted his irritation.

"Salim, I have heard that you have a stranger that plays music that makes one dream of green lands and flowing brooks, I wish to hear him play."

Salim bowed deeply,

"I am sorry your highness, but he is not presentably dressed..."

The prince snorted,

"I want to hear him, not fuck him."

Deacon had to hid a cold grin at this, he was more than sure that Sarima was going to be the one who took the brunt of this man unless he was able to do something about it. He slid from the shadow and chanted a war song so old that only the royal bloods still remembered it. The prince darted to his feet, looking frightened around at these words that came from so deep in the past. Deacon bowed low to the Amir, raising to look the man in the eyes, his blue gaze met those black ones and the Amir felt a cold shudder ripple down his spine.

"Sire, let me play you a song, if you like it, let me entertain you."

Rather than admit his weakness and fear of this stranger, the Amir nodded and sat down again. Deacon took his seat, placing the guitar on his lap, caressing it like a lover, then he started playing, a song that hid in the darkest recesses of the Amir's mind, a song his mother used to lull him to sleep or to make him feel better after getting hurt. He stared in amazement as the stranger started to sing, he forgot about the dancers, his past boiling through his mind. And from the cruel, strong Amir's eye a tear rolled silently down his cheek and into his beard.
 
Samira and the others continued to dance as expected Salim seeming to silently order Samira over to the Amir. Salim has been paid well by the Amir before for Samira and the others had made sure she was at her most beautiful this day especially as Salim knew the prince now traveled with much gold with him returning home from touring the vast kingdom and Salim wanted as much of that gold as he could get the prince to spend.

She danced slowly closer knowing this song would not bring the Amir into desire for her but another if he would just play as he did before everyone would find their place and she would endure hers for a time till the prince fell into drunken spent sleep. as before.
 
Deacon Frost

He gave Samira a glance and grimaced, she was going to break the fascination of the song when he smelled her. He sighed inwardly and instead of stopping just slipped into another song, one that would suit Samira's dancing much better, the words a gentle taunting lilt to them as he sang and played. He had to admit that Mirri's attentions had his hands feeling much better today and he was sure that he could play until the Amir decided to grab his prize.

The song came to an end, he continued with another, by now the Amir was drinking heavily as he watched Samira move to the magical sounds conjured up by the stranger and his even stranger instrument. There was something about this stranger that just did not sit right with the Amir, but the sway of Samira's body had his mind wander from the stranger to what her body promised.
 
She hated that he had changed his song to play one better for her to dance to it had moved the Amirs attentions right where Salim wanted it... on her. She continued to dance now moving within his reach as she danced still veiling her face in a smile. Seeing him shift in his seat and swat at her some she danced away just a little so that she could harden her mind against what was to happen.

Her footing sure and light as she swirled around first the Amir then the stranger seeing the look in the Amirs eyes at her being so near the stranger. She continued to dance and spin to the song he played untill she had passed one too many times within grasping range of the Amir.
 
Deacon Frost

Without any warning he switched to another old forgotten song and even though the Amir's mind was befuddled the song grasped his attention immediately and he listened in amazement as another one of his childhood songs came from the nimble fingers of the stranger. Those blue eyes...like the clear skies after rain...the Amir suddenly felt the urge to be that innocent again. To be safe and protected in the arms of a woman, not to lust after her, but to have her protect him, like his mother did. The longer the song played, the stronger the feeling became and as the song came to an end, he grabbed hold of the swirling woman, his words more a request than a demand.

"Take me to a room, I need to be alone."

Deacon followed the first song with another, he knew what had happened, there was no lust in those eyes, just a need for love and attention and he fed that little fire with more of the song. Many would scoff at the magic of music, but he knew it was there, he used it.
 
Samira nodded to him and standing there she guided him towards a guest room unless he changed their direction to begin towards her room. She was puzzled by this change in the Amir... a normally rough and brutal man speaking that calmly and kindly and her wrist did not pain under his grasp.

Of course... Let us go Amir...
 
Deacon Frost

He glanced at Salim and noticed that there was a kind of wonder in his eyes, he just grinned and as soon as the Amir was out of earshot he started to play lively music, forcing the dancing girls to dance for the rest of the guests. Who knows, maybe he will get his reward for helping the poor girl later in life.
 
Salim was impressed but hoped the AMir would still pay well for whatever his time with Samira was.

Mirri danced around Deacon and the guests near him. She was comfortable with this life and knew well how to do what she needed to get guests to pay more money and return for more.

Samira walked into the room with the Amir and waited to see what his actions would be still sure of his darker more brutal side.
 
Deacon Frost

The Amir mentioned for her to join him on the plush cushions on the floor, as she did, he leaned into her, waiting for her arms to fold around him as he took in her gentle scent.

Deacon watched Mirri dance around him, he gave her that sad smile of his, then changed the pace, the music forcing her to dance faster and soon she was not able to dodge the attentions of the patrons anymore. From there Deacon played light folk music, entertaining the crowd that was growing steadily.
 
Mirri soon grabbed by another patron she was not liking him seeming to arrange this with his music instead of seeking her himself but at least Samira was with the Amir and out of his vision too.

Samira laid down and rested her arms around him still waiting for that darkness to take over him the song had done something to this monster of a man that she could not understand.
 
Deacon Frost

He held his gaze on his guitar as he played, living himself into the music, really forgetting all about the others as he and the guitar spoke a language that only they fully understood.

The Amir laid like that, feeling cradled and safe, he hummed the songs of his childhood, remembering all the good times.
 
The patrons listened and spent more and more on food and drink.

Samira laid there holding him very confused but feeling safe strangely enough for now. How had the stranger done this to this brutal man.
 
Deacon Frost

It became the early hours of the morning when the patrons finally decided to leave, Deacon was exhausted. Most of the dancing girls was either with customers or busy entertaining the last few stragglers. He slid the guitar to his back and Salim came bustling over, smiling seemingly from ear to ear.

"I know not what you did my friend, but that is the longest that the Amir have ever spent with anybody, this is going to fetch me a hefty price."

Deacon just gave him a tired smile,

"I just played the music Salim, that is all that I did."

He got to his feet and stretched, his joints popping as he reached out and then relaxed, Salim produced a bag with coins.

"You pay for today's work,"

Deacon tucked the bag into his belt and went to fetch himself some food, which he ate before retiring to his bedroom. The girl that shared the room was already there and asleep. From what he could figure she worked in the kitchen to prepare the broths that the people was so fond of.

Unknowing to the other people, the mighty Amir have fallen asleep in Samira's arms, having dreams of his childhood, of the dreams he had as a child. He slept soundly and only stirred when she shifted to get into a better position.
 
Samira had no idea why he had been so peaceful and sought nothing from her. She however did not dare leave so not to anger him and finally sleep overtook her as well though this confused her greatly. When the dawn came she looked to the Amir curious if he would be back to his old self or what would happen next.

Mirri was one of the first down stairs that morning speaking with the healer who made morning visits to make sure all of the girls were alright.
 
Deacon Frost

When he woke he made his way to the baths, it was curious that how these women differed from those in his home land. Of course the dancing girls had no need to cover up as their bodies was not really theirs and even here in the baths they felt that Deacon was no threat to them. All he did was greet them politely, bathed and left.

After breakfast Deacon sat outside, the flute in his hands as he mimicked the bird songs he came across in his travels, of course this brought some curious people out to listen to him in the cool morning air.

The Amir woke and found that he felt much better, better than he had ever felt after one of his wild drinking and fucking sessions. He got to his feet and looked about him, how strange was the music of this stranger. He ignored Samira and left, he knew that he had to pay, but somehow...it was worth the price.
 
Back
Top