Acupuncture?

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
I went on a cruise last month and tried acupuncture for the first time on a chronically stiff neck.

Wow.

My neck has been stiff for years, and acupuncture certainly loosened up those muscles.

I found a local acupuncturist at a reasonable price, so I have a standing Saturday morning appt now.

Had any experience with acupuncture?

I went on a cruise last month and tried acupuncture for the first time on a chronically stiff neck.

Wow.

My neck has been stiff for years, and acupuncture certainly loosened up those muscles.

I found a local acupuncturist at a reasonable price, so I have a standing Saturday morning appt now.

Had any experience with acupuncture?

Yes, I go once a month.

I never realised there were so many accidental deaths and injuries from accupuncture. Google it.
And make sure you go to a very experienced practitioner.

If it works, it's not because the theory is sound. There is no such thing as qi.

If it works, it's not because the theory is sound. There is no such thing as qi.

I've had two accupuncturists.

The first one was a young Portuguese woman, who said that the tiny needles caused microscopic flesh damage which triggered your body to go into "repair" mode and loosen/relax things. She'd stimulate the needles with variable electricity from an acupuncture pen (battery operated). Really good results.

The old Asian woman is firm believer in qi.

There is definitely such thing as woo.

Every time I see the word "woo", I think back many years ago how Jimmy Carter was on a Sunday talk show talkin' bout stealin' his now-wife Roslyn from a guy "pitchin' woo" :D

The interviewer had to clarify what the heck "pitchin' woo" was. Obviously he weren't from the South.

Typical Southern exchange: Hey, yan RC? Response: Ahm fan

Translation: "Greetings my good man, can I offer you refreshment in the form of a delicious local product, RC cola?" "Thank you no, good sir, I am quite fine".

I've had two accupuncturists.

The first one was a young Portuguese woman, who said that the tiny needles caused microscopic flesh damage which triggered your body to go into "repair" mode and loosen/relax things. She'd stimulate the needles with variable electricity from an acupuncture pen (battery operated). Really good results.

The old Asian woman is firm believer in qi.

hey if it helps you feel better, who cares of they use needles or twizzlers.

medicine is a lot of science, and a little mystery

Every time I see the word "woo", I think back many years ago how Jimmy Carter was on a Sunday talk show talkin' bout stealin' his now-wife Roslyn from a guy "pitchin' woo" :D

The interviewer had to clarify what the heck "pitchin' woo" was. Obviously he weren't from the South.

Typical Southern exchange: Hey, yan RC? Response: Ahm fan

Translation: "Greetings my good man, can I offer you refreshment in the form of a delicious local product, RC cola?" "Thank you no, good sir, I am quite fine".

Feriners. Gawd bless'um. :)

There is definitely such thing as woo.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Woo

Woo is a term for pseudoscientific explanations that share certain common characteristics, often being too good to be true (aside from being unscientific). The term is common among skeptical writers. Woo is understood specifically as dressing itself in the trappings of science (but not the substance) while involving unscientific concepts, such as anecdotal evidence and sciencey-sounding words.

Back