The New Poems Review Thread Poll

New poem recommendations? Please read all options before responding. Thanks!

  • Keep the current thread and recommendation process

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the current thread but one person recommends new poems once a week

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start a new thread where anyone can nominate a new poem for "new poem of the week"

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
..
changing the rules? I vote for a soiled thread instead of a clean one, but then, what do you expect from a dirty old man?

Not sure what you mean by "changing the rules." The poll will run for 30 days and whatever wins, wins. But a new thread is beating the old one so far. Anyway all votes are good, even from dirty old men. :)

My only concern about leaving the old thread instead of making a new one is that people may not think anything has changed and not even look cause it's the old thread.
 
I stopped reading and commenting for one reason only, on one poem I did comment about (and i wasn't even rude!!) the author picked me up and slammed my head against the wall sending me emails to voice his contempt of my birthright and right to breathe from that day forward!! I thought to myself I can do without this shit, I shan't bother again.
 
I stopped reading and commenting for one reason only, on one poem I did comment about (and i wasn't even rude!!) the author picked me up and slammed my head against the wall sending me emails to voice his contempt of my birthright and right to breathe from that day forward!! I thought to myself I can do without this shit, I shan't bother again.

I never understand why people do that. It's just a comment and they can ignore it or even delete it if it really bugs them. Some people are just ignorant. They get bent out of shape with anything less than praise. It's one of the hazards of being on a porn site imo. Those of us who are mainly here for the poems are the oddballs. :)
 
I think that we can keep the old and cumbersome thread without the pressure of being a permanent reviewer. I have given up on new poem reviewing and even commenting to a large extent. The reasons behind this have been mentioned by Ange in her comments about taking the time to critique and then getting a thanks-but-no-thanks reply from the creator or even those folks who actually beg for critique, get it and then do nothing with it while never returning the favour.

It's tough to comment, recommend, critique or review poetry when it's good. It becomes nigh on impossible when it's not an "in my opinion" good poem. So, do or do not, there is no try. But I don't want to worry about it anyway.
 
Can we get a link to NP in the PFD thread?

Absolutely. What I want to do is start a new thread that links to new poems and also to the previous NPR threads (like the current one does). The big difference is that the new thread will encourage anyone who wants to offer a review or recommendation (whatever they are comfortable with), to do so at any time. It'll also encourage inviting the new poets one recommends to join in here on the forum.

I'll probably get that together tomorrow. (I hope. I have a project deadline on Monday so I have to take care of that, too.)

If anyone has additional suggestions, let em fly here. Thanks Harry. :)
 
A comment from a comment recipient

I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your comments on my work. You, Desejo, and Angeline are the main reasons I have continued with poetry.
..
You can make a difference folks.
 
Back
Top