The Red Dragon Tavern

Madrigal came into a room much in the same way a snowstorm like the one that was brewing outside blew into the city - only she exuded a sultry heat that made men wipe their foreheads and the backs of their necks. All eyes turned as she descended the stairs, kicking out her low-heeled leather boots to afford every man and woman in the tavern a hopeful glimpse of the legendary dreams that lay beneath the fabulous drape of the burgundy skirt with interior ties that created a scalloped hemline. Her black blouse was off the shoulder with a dangerous décolletage from which a shadow of... something... a tattoo, perhaps?... peeked mysteriously.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, Madrigal's discerning eyes swept over the people in the room while she paused to smooth the trinkets that dangled from her narrow belt before tapping the brim of the beribboned coachman's hat perched on top of her chestnut hair. There weren't many strangers in Niew Amsterdam at this time of year, but she had spotted someone - and that someone was who she headed toward.

"Well, well, traveller," Madrigal's voice - as smooth as silk and as thick as honey - had a taste of well-disguised venom hidden in its depths (for those who were smart or wise enough to hear it and most were not). "What brings you back to the Red Dragon?"

The question was almost a challenge. Madrigal well knew the tales that had been told about this man and his reputation. She knew that he was considered dangerous, also. It was the danger that piqued her interest, for as unattainable as this woman was, there were still some that she deigned to bestow her favors on. Might he be one of them?

A flick of her wrist sent a barmaid running into a room beyond a heavy mahogany door with a bottle filled with an amber liquid and two glasses on a tray. "You might be more comfortable... " A flick of her finger and a look over her shoulder as she sashayed toward the office were all she left for the stranger who seemed oblivious to the envious looks of the men within earshot.

Would he come, Madrigal wondered. Perhaps. Perhaps. This one had a lean and hungry look about him and she... well... she chuckled to herself and nodded confidently. She was about to feed him.
 
Last edited:
The tavern keeper glances to the stairway. He smiles the woman in burgany skirt black top and a coachman's hat desends the stairway. That is a different look. He thinks. Strangely she looked hungry, but the tavernkeeper ws not sure he has what she is hungry for. Then again she looks very focused.

He stood across the room waiting to see what happenes.
 
A Confederate Colonel strolls down the stairs in full dress uniform, removing his gloves and feather regaled hat. Stopping at the foot of the staircase he awaits to be seated, he surveys the establishment with a pleased eye. Mid fifties his stately gray hair making him appear austere, slightly wrinkled skin weathered by the elements. A haunted eyed gaze from warfare quiet obvious, steel grey eyes still a twinkle despite it all.

''Noble Proprietor...would you kindly lead me to a table? I've heard pleasant things of your very quaint establishment and it's fine dishes...I'm overdue for a evening of fine dinning and equally fine vintage wine.''
 
Last edited:
Well Colonel, feel welcome. We are a bit Yankee in this area...but we are are a non combative area..yor table is right this way....away from the Yankes I gather.
 
"Oh that's quite alright kind Sir a war of brothers thankfully ended..we're all Americans now quite time to move on I'd say.'' The Colonel inclines his gray head with a kind grin, reaching out pats the proprietor gently on the shoulder. ''Not too far away from the Yankees I hope? Ya'll are pleasant enough company...and as you said a non combative area.''
 
The Fire Place

"Well Colonel the fireplace is a favorite place for all travelers. Are you from the the Army of Northern Virgina or from that crowd out west? I do hear that Vicksburg was a bit of a tussle. Any way it doesn't matter at least not here. There are three tables by the fire choose any one you desire. There is a wine list on the table. A menu will be delivered to you shortly.



Posting # 1 for menu
Posting #3 for wine list
 
Last edited:
''Virginia...I really didn't desire to lift my sword against the Union. Sadly she needed defending and it was my home.'' His grey eyes grew haunted once again as Vicksburg was a hell he'd barely survived. ''Yes it was...'' After what seemed like a long pause the Colonel strolls to the table furthest to right of the fireplace. ''Thank you kindly Sir...Thomas T. Mumford and might I ask your name?'' Choosing a seat on the right side of the table, he pulls out a chair flipping his coattail up as he seated himself.
 
Last edited:
"I am Brightwell 'the younger'. I'm Raymond Maxwell Brightwell. My older brother runs the Dew Drop Inn. He is Franko Broga Brightwell. We have two other brothers one in college ,Thomas Johnson Brightwell and Andrew Sinclair Brightwell in High school. it is a bit confusing being called 'the younger' with two younger brothers. ut mom and dad had two stages of lfe. A planned stage (Franko and Me) and an unplaned stage(Thomas and Andrew).

So as you can see we run a family business. My brother is more into the here and now. I'm more of the out there and way out. Thomas is serious and Andrew is just a little crazy. One big disjointed family.
 
Beer List

WE got our BEER permit as a Christmas gift So drink up!

BEER LIST


Dark Prophet- Wood- and Barrel-aged Strong Beer

Deceit- Belgian-Style Strong Specialty Ale

Provincial Ale-French-Belgian Style Saison

Quad-Belgian-Style Pale Strong Ale

Saison-French-Belgian Style Saison

Tropic King Imperial Saison (formerly Maori King) French-Belgian Style Saison

11th Anniversary Ale / Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale-American-Style Black Ale

12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout-Chocolate/Cocoa Flavored Beer

13th Anniversary Ale-Imperial or Double Red Ale

14th Anniversary Emperial IPA-Imperial or Double India Pale Ale

15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA-American-Style Black Ale

2004 Symposium Ale- Belgian-Style Pale Strong Ale

4th Anniversary IPA- American-Style India Pale Ale

5th Anniversary IPA - American-Style India Pale Ale

7th Anniversary IPA-American-Style India Pale Ale

9th Anniversary IPA-American-Style India Pale Ale

Arrogant Bastard Ale-Imperial or Double India Pale Ale

Bashah 2009 Highland Park and Black Raspberry Reserve-Specialty Beer

Bashah 2009 Imperial and Tayberry Reserve-Specialty Beer

Cali-Belgique IPA- American-Belgo-Style Ale

Double Bastard Ale-Imperial or Double India Pale Ale
(Awards: ◦Silver Medal, 2005 Great American Beer Festival

Imperial Russian Stout 2001-Imperial Stout

Imperial or Double India Pale Ale-Imperial Russian Stout 2002

Imperial Russian Stout 2003-Imperial Stout

Imperial Russian Stout 2004-Imperial Stout
(Awards: ◦Gold Medal, 2004 Los Angeles County Fair Competition)

Imperial Russian Stout 2006-Imperial Stout
(Awards: ◦Gold Medal, 2006 North American Beer Awards)

Imperial Russian Stout 2007-Imperial Stout
(Awards: ◦Gold Medal, 2007 Australian International Beer Awards)

Imperial Russian Stout 2008-Imperial Stout

Imperial Russian Stout 2009-Imperial Stout

We are adding 5% charge to all award beers due to its limited supply.

New beer list coming soon!
 
Before we forget. Lets look at where we are. For some strange reason I decided to climbed up on my soap box. Maybe its the end of the year. Maybe I'm hoping 2014 is better then 2013. 100 years ago the Western World threw itself in to a massive murder machine. Technology took off. The machine gun, the aeroplane, the tank. All toys of our modern killing machines. And times move faster. Its the front door and 2014 is knocking.

WE must open that door.....and let it in....we have no chioce.
 
our new waitress-Melisa

MONDAY NIGHT SPECIAL

ARM WRESTLING
 

Attachments

  • in_the_tavern_arm wrestling (1).jpg
    in_the_tavern_arm wrestling (1).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 10
  • melisa_waitress(1).jpg
    melisa_waitress(1).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 12
Thursday Night!

Several patrons have asked if we are going to have a band. The management has not decided yet. Due to the nature of the tavern. And its New England flavor. Music has not been an important issue. WE are concidering several different themes. So bare with us as we concider what would be best for all our customers.
 
OK so this is an old list- due to the time fracturing element of the
Red Dragon Tavern- its new for here......so enjoy
WE now cary these brands- some on tap some in bottle
-or-
kegs and half kegs

You can request by # or name

Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers of 2011

1. Stone and Wood Brewing Co - Pacific Ale

2. Little Creatures - Pale Ale

3. Feral Brewing Company - Hop Hog

4. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Kolsch

5. Little Creatures - Single Batch - The Big Dipper

6. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Pale Ale

7. McLaren Vale Beer Company - Vale Ale

8. Kooinda Boutique Brewery - Black IPA aka Full Nelson

9. Holgate Brewhouse - Temptress

10. White Rabbit Brewery - Dark Ale

11. McLaren Vale Beer Company - Vale IPA

12. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Icon 2IPA

13. Matilda Bay Brewing Company - Fat Yak

14. Bridge Road Brewers - India Saison

15. Mountain Goat Brewery - The Thorny Goat

16. Coopers - Pale Ale

17. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Hefeweizen

18. Knappstein Enterprise Brewery - Reserve Lager

19. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Extra Special Bitter

20. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Stout

21. Endeavour - Pale Ale

22. Hawthorn Brewing - Pale Ale

23. Malt Shovel Brewery - James Squires Golden Ale

24. Hargreaves Hill Brewing Company - ESB

25. Endeavour - Amber Ale

26. Kooinda Boutique Brewery - American Pale Ale

27. White Rabbit Brewery - White Ale

28. Holgate Brewhouse - Hopinator

29. Thirsty Crow - Vanilla Milk Stout

30. McLaren Vale Beer Company - Vale Dark

31. Little Creatures - Bright

32. Holgate Brewhouse - ESB

33. Bridge Road Brewers - Galaxy IPA

34. Jamieson Brewery - Brown Ale

35. King Valley Brewery - Yowie Lager

36. Mountain Goat Brewery - Hightail Ale

37. Bright Brewery - M.I.A. IPA

38. Mornington Peninsula Brewery - Imperial IPA

39. McLaren Vale Beer Company - Vale Dry

40. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Amarillo Summer Ale

41. Mountain Goat Brewery - Steam Ale

42. Hawthorn Brewing - Pilsner

43. Hawthorn Brewing - Amber Ale

44. Mornington Peninsula Brewery - Pale Ale

45. 2 Brothers Brewery - Growler

46. Moo Brew - Pale Ale

47. Rocks Brewing Co - The Hangman

48. The Grove - Big House Ale

49. Balmain Brewing Company - Pale Ale

50. Woolshed Brewery - Amazon Ale

51. Kosciuszko Brewing Company - Pale Ale

52. Burleigh Brewing Company - 28 Pale Ale

53. 4 Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Pale Ale

54. Feral Brewing Company - Karma Citra

55. Moo Brew - Hefeweizen

56. Brew Boys - Ace of Spades

57. Holgate Brewhouse - The Empress

58. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Wild Thing

59. Bridge Road Brewers - Chevalier - Saison

60. Two Birds - Golden Ale

61. Coopers - Sparkling Ale

62. Red Hill Brewery - Imperial Stout

63. Pinchgut - Pilzner

64. Red Hill Brewery - Scotch Ale

65. Bridge Road Brewers - Beechworth Pale Ale

66. Hawthorn Brewing - Witbier

67. Burleigh Brewing Company - My Wife's Bitter

68. Woolshed Brewery - Judas the Dark

69. Mountain Goat Brewery - India Pale Ale

70. Mountain Goat Brewery - Coffee IPA

71. Doctor's Orders - Zephyr

72. Cavalier - Pale

73. The Grove - Gangster Stout

74. Moo Brew - Imperial Stout

75. Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel - Three Sheets Pale

76. Little Creatures - Single Batch - Dreadnaught Stout

77. 4 Pines Brewing Company - Pils

78. Pinchgut - Black Plz

79. Moo Brew - Dark Ale

80. Little Creatures - Rogers

81. Cavalier - Brown

82. Jamieson Brewery - Beast IPA

83. The Grove - Boring Beer

84. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Shawn's Fault

85. Moo Brew - Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout (2010 Vintage Release)

86. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Whale Ale

87. Coopers - Extra Strong Vintage Ale

88. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Angry Man Brown Ale

89. Nail Brewing - Pale Ale

90. Moon Dog - Skunkworks Cognac Barrel Aged Double IPA

91. Mornington Peninsula Brewery - IPA

92. Malt Shovel Brewery - James Squires Amber Ale

93. Matilda Bay Brewing Company - Alpha Pale Ale

94. Thirsty Crow - 26-Fifty Summer Ale

94. Moo Brew - Pilsner

96. Malt Shovel Brewery - James Squires Pale Ale

97. Bridge Road Brewers - Bling IPA

98. 3 Ravens - 55

99. 4 Hearts Brewing - 4 Degrees Summer Wheat

100. Kooinda Boutique Brewery - Valhalla Golden Ale

100. Murray's Craft Brewing Co. - Grand Cru
 
I'm thinking of having a Planters Punch Party


OK there is one catch. Any time travelers before 1908 are not invited.

Ingredients
•1 1/2 ounces dark rum
•1/4 ounce grenadine - or 1/2 ounce lime juice and 1/4 ounce simple syrup
•2 ounces pineapple, orange, or passionfruit juice (or a mix of fruit juices)
•Club soda (optional)
•Seasonal fruit for garnish


Any one interested.
 
Open for the winter!

Since the dew Drop Inn is now closed due to the winter. I'm going to be active in the Dagon.


Please reveiw Time traveler rules on page 1. I will add new rules as needed.
 
Last edited:
WELCOME 2015!

While time is not relevant here. Those that are passing through should have a benchmark to base there travels on.
 
OK, we got in a little trouble for having the planters punch party with out having a liquor licence. I'm told we MUST post the law regarding the selling of hard liquor to our patrons. We are in discussions with the State of New Hamshire regarding obtaining a liquor license.


TITLE XIII
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
CHAPTER 178
LIQUOR LICENSES AND FEES
Section 178:1
178:1 Licenses Required; Enforceability of Contracts. –
I. No person shall manufacture for sale, or sell in any method or manner, directly or indirectly, or distribute by selling, transferring, giving, or delivering to another, or leaving, bartering, or exchanging with another, or offering or agreeing to do the same, in any method or manner, directly or indirectly, or keep for sale any liquor or beverage without first registering to do business with the secretary of state and obtaining a license for such activity under the provisions of this title. Any violation of this section shall be a class B felony for each violation.
II. Any name or trade name displayed outside a business licensed under this chapter shall be registered with the secretary of state by the applicant for the licenses issued under this title. If the name or trade name is owned by someone other than the user, the user shall obtain the consent to use that name or trade name from the registered owner.
III. Any person applying for a liquor and wine representative license shall have been a New Hampshire resident, or shall have at least one director, officer, or partner who has been a New Hampshire resident for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of the application.
IV. All contracts and agreements entered into by liquor and wine representatives shall be enforceable under New Hampshire laws and shall have termination notices of not less than 60 days.
V. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law, each club-bottle as defined in RSA 175:1, XVII shall register to do business with the secretary of state. Nothing contained in this chapter shall be construed to permit the operator of a club--bottle to sell beverage or liquor, directly or indirectly, or otherwise replace beverage or liquor, consumed by persons over 21 years of age and holding lawful title, for a fee or anything of value.
VI. No person shall sell tobacco products to individuals or the public in any method or manner, directly or indirectly, or keep for sale any tobacco products without first registering to do business with the secretary of state and obtaining a license for such activity under the provisions of this title. The commission shall provide a list of persons licensed under this section to the commissioner of the department of revenue administration upon request.
VII. No educational, political, charitable, or other nonprofit organization shall be required to obtain a license from the commission to offer wine and/or liquor for auction in order to fundraise for such organization so long as the total retail value of the wine and/or liquor offered for auction is $500 or less.
Source. 2003, 231:13. 2008, 341:12, eff. Jan. 1, 2009. 2014, 101:1, eff. Aug. 10, 2014.

178:2 Licenses Authorized; Training Required. –
I. The commission may issue licenses to individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies and partnerships, or corporations but not to unincorporated associations, on applications duly made therefor for the manufacture, warehousing, sale, offer for sale, or solicitation of orders for sale of liquor or beverages and for retail sales of tobacco products within the state, subject to the limitations and restrictions imposed by this title. The commission shall keep a full record of all applications for licenses, of all recommendations for and remonstrances against the granting of licenses, and of the action taken on such applications.
II. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commission shall require all persons who hold a retail license under the provisions of this chapter to attend a training program within 45 calendar days of the issuance of the license. These provisions shall not apply to any person who holds a retail license on the effective date of this paragraph. The commission shall provide the training program without additional fees or cost to the licensee. The commission shall adopt rules, pursuant to RSA 541-A, relative to the administration of the training program.
III. The commission shall develop and provide a training program which shall include, but not be limited to, information on state law, alcohol sales practices, criminal and civil liability, and management practices which are intended to reduce access to alcohol by persons under the age of 21 and overservice of alcohol to patrons.
IV. (a) Within 45 days of the issuance of a retail license, the training program shall be attended by:
(1) The proprietor of a sole proprietorship or a manager designated by the proprietor to attend in lieu of the proprietor.
(2) All partners in a partnership or a manager designated by the partners to attend in lieu of the partners.
(3) An officer of a corporation or a management representative designated by the corporation to attend in lieu of an officer.
(4) A member of a limited liability company or a manager designated by the limited liability company to attend in lieu of a member.
(b) Prior to the effective date of a one-day license, the training program shall be attended by a management representative of the applicant. If 2 or more one-day licenses are issued to the same applicant during any 12-month period, the management representative of the applicant shall be required to attend the training program only once during that 12-month period.
V. The commission may suspend, pursuant to RSA 541-A:30, III, the license of any person who holds a license under the provisions of this chapter for failure to comply with the requirements of paragraph IV. The license shall not be reissued until the required training is completed.
Source. 2003, 231:13. 2004, 142:1. 2008, 341:13, eff. Jan. 1, 2009.

OK then!
 
Good news we are very close to getting our liquor license from the State of New Hampshire. We are working of a fee schedule with the state. We feel confident that thing will be arranged by the end of next week, We will keep our patrons informed on when they will be able to belly up to the bar and order hard liquor.

The Red Dragon Tavern Management
 
UPDATE:

Our lawyer in Concord (State Capital) tells us that our license is in the works. He thinks that we should get word by Friday or Monday at the latest. As I understand it the fee agreement has been worked out and all that is needed is to get the paper work finalized.

If all goes as planned we can start to order from the wholesaler by the 21st. Then it will take a few days to get stocked up. If all goes well we will start selling on or around 26th

Planning a GROUNDHOG day party.

There have been questions about the Super Bowl and if New England is playing will we be doing anything. It is too early to get into that just yet.
Lets just see what happens in Concord.
 
SOME GOOD NEWS


We got our liquor license from the State of New Hampshire! yeeeaahhh.

little bad news:

Our Wholesaler in Boston will not be able to fill our whole order this week. We will be getting several trucks in later in the week and during the weekend. Time period drinks such as Napoleon Brandy (1801-1826) will be a little harder to get. We are working with other international suppliers to aquire unusual flovors and tastes. Look for a markedly Scot/Irish leaning.
 
[lady in black clothes with black gloves steps in looking in wonder and wondering if she will be welcome]
 
Wonder no more......come in are you a war widow? We get a few War of Northern Agression ladies in from time to time.
 
actually yes. but im over it now and am looking for a fresh start. thought this might be the place. oh and black is just my favorite color. i have mourned and that is that.
 
*Smile* That is fine. We have a fine selection of wines and beers. Our harder liquors have not yet arrived. Most of the ladies like a table near the fireplace. Would you like that? Or be seated some where else?
 
Back
Top