The Red Dragon Tavern

BRIGHTWELL

Time Walker
For those of you who are interested in time travel and alternate realitities. This can be the home for you. Here is our menu. See Tavern rules below!

Beginnings

Cheddar & Ale Onion Soup
Spanish onions simmered in our c.1790 Taproom Ale broth, topped with a toasted baguette
and melted Vermont cheddar
$8

New England Lobster Bisque
garnished with fresh lobster meat
$10

Almond & Brown Sugar Encrusted Brie
baked and accompanied with Vermont apples
and toasted baguette.
$11

Classic Shrimp Cocktail
chilled and served with a spicy cocktail sauce
$10

Fish Cakes
pan seared and served with salsa Hollandaise sauce
$9

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
a blend of cheeses, sherry and aromatics
$9

Venison & Port Wine Sausage
grilled and served with raspberry dipping sauce
$10

Yankee Favorites

Traditional Pot Roast
brisket, potted in our 1790 Taproom Ale,
served with pan-gravy and mashed potatoes
$18

New England Scrod
baked with Vermont cheddar, bread crumbs, sherry and fresh lemon
$19

Roast Tom Turkey
with corn bread & sausage stuffing, pan-gravy
cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes
$17

Our take on "Mac & Cheese"
'A classic comfort dish', with Vermont cheddar,
lobster and applewood smoked bacon
$29

Calves Liver
choice of:
Spanish onions,mushrooms and Balsamic vinegar
$20
applewood smoked bacon & sauteed onions
$21

Chicken Pot Pie
chicken simmered with seasonal vegetables,
topped with Vermont cheddar and mashed potatoes
$17

Birds of a Feather

Crispy Duck
choice of:
blackberry demi-glace and Gran Marnier Liqueur flambe
$26
served in a Spanish onion, mushroom, applewood smoked bacon & Long Trail Ale broth
$27
Chicken Breast
choice of:
Cidered- lightly floured and sauteed with Vermont apple cider and cranberries
$19
Marsala- sauteed with mushrooms, finished in a Marsala wine demi glace
$20
Picatta- 'a classic presentation', sauteed with lemon, Chardonnay, butter and capers
$19

Bounty of the Land

Filet Mignon
choice of:
with sauce Bearnaise
$29
topped with fresh lobster meat and sauce Bearnaise
$31

Black Angus New York Sirloin
choice of:
sherried mushrooms & Spanish onions
$27
applewood smoked bacon & Vermont chedddar
$29

Pork Loin
choice of:
walnut encrusted & topped with a Hazelnut Liqueur and Vermont maple cream
$19
rolled in an English muffin crumbs and served on a bed of Vermont apple puree
$19

Veal Medallions
choice of:
Neptune- pan seared, medallions of veal and topped with lobster meat and sauce Hollandaise
$28
Pane- sauteed with wild mushrooms in a spicy cream sauce
$26
Picatta- 'A classic presentation',sauteed with lemon, Chardonnay, butter and capers
$25

Friday Nights are Venison Nights
grilled 10 ounce Venison Flank Steaks, with 4 preparations to choose from
$29

Prime Rib of Beef
*** Fridays & Saturdays- while supplies last:
oven roasted slowly and hand carved, served medium rare
$26

From the Oceans & Streams

Atlantic Salmon
baked with fresh parsley and horseradish crust, served over a bed of wilted spinach
and topped with a dill & Dijon mustard sauce
$22

Shrimp Scampi
sauteed with fresh garlic, butter, Chardonnay and aromatics
$21

Sea Scallops
baked with seasoned bread crumbs, sherry and fresh lemon
$20

Bouillabaisse
fresh fish and seafood steeped in dry Vermouth, tomato and fresh fennel broth
$22

Fisherman's Platter
Chef's selection, baked with seasoned bread crumbs. sherry and fresh lemon
$21

Alaskan King Crab
1 1/4 pounds, steamed and served with drawn butter
-when available
$34

Catch of the Day
Fresh off the dock
$ market

Vegetarian & Pasta

Penne Pasta
choice of:
Tavern- sea scallops, shrimp and lobster,in a creamy Romano cheese sauce
$23
Spicy-fresh lobster, scallops and shrimp, tossed with spicy marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese,
$22
Hunter- smoked venison & port wine sausage, sun-dried tomatoes,
tossed in garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil
$21
Vodka- shrimp, venison & port wine sausage,tossed in a vodka & tomato cream sauce
$22

Vegetarian Cakes
red Quinoa, nuts and fresh vegetable cakes, served with vine-ripe tomato & Vermont apple chutney
-Vegan inspired
$21

Vegetarian Lasagna
noodles layered with seasonal vegetables, herbed tomato sauce and Ricotta cheese
$18

Sunny & Mark's 'Mac & Cheese'
wild mushrooms, Vermont cheddar and bread crumbs, baked until golden brown
$22

In addition to our Dinner Menu, we feature daily creations.

I know we are the new kid on the block and our prices are on the high side.
Feel free to use what ever the currancy of your time and choosing. I hope you enjoy your stay. Sit by the fire and warm yourself.

TIME TRAVELERS RULES
1)NO Inter time line shifting in Tavern
2)NO Kidnapping to other periods of time
3)NO Future Talk-ie don't tell some they are going to loose a war or a planet or their great leader dies
4)Do not order drinks from out side your time period (more then 100 years). ie: no rum runner for patrons from before 1908.

Last edited:
Makin a reservation

Your menu is very inviting.

I wish to make a booking table for one.Just look for the lady in the satin red dress gold and diamond necklace and the red red heels.

Hopeful I wont be dinning alone but its a big universe.

satin red dress

Oh my you do look lovely. It is an honor to have you as the first diner at the Red Dragon. We have a very nice table by the fireplace. Since you are my first patron. I'll throw on a free bottle of wine. just one minute.

Attachments

• Champagne & Sparking Wines.jpg
    Champagne & Sparking Wines.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • red wines.jpg
    red wines.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 14
  • white wines.jpg
    white wines.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13
our menu

You may have noticed we have a rather New England style here. I felt that since this is an alternate time location. That an New England setting may be more comfortable to some of our clients. Our older sister thread The Dew Drop Inn is more of a resort and beach setting. It will be closing for the winter shortly. The Red Dragon will be open year around.

if you have a request for either the Red Dragon or The Dew Drop Inn please feel free to let me know.

The Management

PS....the wine lists were lifted from the Drew Drop Inn.

Why thankyou kind Sir

Let me admire this establishment and the atmosphere

Please I would like to start with something sweet perhaps, a wine to your recommendation and some lite refreshments in the order of something exotic, untamed and yet primal you decide, as I am captured by this aroma of meals eagerly anticipated and consumed with the urge to savor.

Hmmmmm The Red Dragon A play on a novel is it of the serial killer the cannibal killer?
either way the food should be a killer combination if the wine list is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Ah my so many to choose from. I understand. Well then I would advise the Fisherman's platter and a nice Oysterbay Sauvignon Blanc for the wine.

The story or the Red Dragon? On no. It was a story of a Tavern back in the 1620's in Neiw Amsterdam. Run by a Dutch General....Franko Hogers. He lead the resistance against the English occupation of the island. And then the removal of the English. It was a great victory for the Dutch. It was a short lived victory. The English returned and the general was forced to flee. And the tavern was burned down.

This place is just as I remembered it.

Its been a long time barkeep a long time indeed and yes I will have it but can you make one little change I like it raw like the sushi of Kisarazu city Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Time take all the time in the world to make this a meal of extraordinary magnitude.

Kisarazu city Chiba Prefecture, Japan sushi it is then. I will have the wine brought up from the cellar. The food will be at your table ASAP. I love that red satin dress by the way!

Thank you and it is made from the finest of satin and the feel it gives on my body is as if I'm wearing nothing at all.

"Oh Sir btw, will there be a floor show in this establishment this evening? or do we pleasure ourselves"

we pleasure ourselves?

Darlin'its been 5 years do what ever your heart desires. As for entertainment there is not much of a floor show. I normally watch the drunks just stagger around on the floor. From the bar to the out house and some times to the dinning room.

Its a 17th centry tavern if your looking for a bathroom your going to have to wait a few 100 years. Time travelers know these things.

Time travel?

Your are like some kind of professor or maybe a doctor?

a who?

No I'm a simple tavern keeper. Its the tavern that is special. Its a gate way to other times and visiters come and go. Romans and greeks at one table Cowboys and indians brits and gauls. Colonial Dutch and English pirates...every one passes through.

Me I am here for the time of my life and you?

Time is like a bath some times hot and steamy some times cold and wet but I do think of it as an adventure you meet lots of people both odd and special some love to chat and others love the solitude.

drinks and fun nobody should ever feel sad or lonely if any one had the power to make wishes come true it would be Santa clause opening presents on Christmas morning the excitement of that special gift someone thought of as they moved forward in life took the time to look at some object and thought yes he or she would love that and hand over their money and walk home thinking of how great it would be if someone brought them something similar come to think of it the present I just brought my mother I WANT ONE TOO!

Last edited:
This is indeed a very nice looking establishment. Would it be permissible to dine with you, my lady in red?

Looking up and around this place is fairly empty but for a new arrival, Patiently awaiting the wine I had requested slipped my hand into my purse to retrieve a small compact of makeup girls gotta look her best I thought.

your wine my dear

I have your Oysterbay Sauvignon Blanc. Its a 2008. I just brought it up from the cellar. *I open the wine and pour you a glass.* "I hope you enjoy!"

why thank you Sir, I will partake in some of your vichyssoise too if you don't mind.A thick creamy potato soup flavored with leeks and onions, usually served cold.

*Kisarazu city Chiba Prefecture, Japan sushi* on a flat plate. Your vichyssoise and thick creamy potato soup with leeks and onions will be out shortly. I hope you like the wine.

Agustus Montgomery a long tall drink of water, dressed from head to toe in black. A Texas Marshal right out of the pages of a Louis L'Mour novel, tips his stetson to the beauty in red his spurs jingle as he ambles by. Removing his stetson with sterling silver hat band and jacket, hanging each on a nearby coat and hat rack.

Choosing a table in a corner he pulls out a chair, taking a seat stretches long legs out beneath the table. As the Tavern wasn't filled with patrons, he reckoned the proprietor wouldn't mind if he seated himself. Having a hankering for Yankee Pot Roast, potatoes, gravy, peas and carrots along with hot fresh rolls.

Certainly a vintage bourbon would be nice before a meal, typical for a cowboy in a fancy establishment. Combing back jet black hair graying at the temples, blue eyes set in a tan clean shaven ruggedly featured face. Lifting a cloth napkin from the table placing it over his lap, patiently awaiting for his order to be taken.

Last edited:
sorry sir I was....in the back

Oh but I understand yeah order-Yankee Pot Roast, potatoes, gravy, peas and carrots along with hot fresh rolls. yes sir. As for the vintage bourbon. That is a bit of a problem.

ou see our setting is 1700. We have a full wine list, but we have not yet been authorized to serve hard liquor. Now I realize this would put a man of the saddle a bit on edge. So please have a glass of wine of your choosing on the house.

And as soon as we can I will lay in a full bar. And that first bottle of vintage bourbon will be your.....on the house, of course!

"Well...I thank ye kindy Mister...what would a Proprietor such as yeself suggest for a fittin wine?

Back