The Official Authors' Hangout Winter Hoildays 2018 Support Thread

And the winners are

Congratulations to the 2018 Winter Holidays Contest Winners!
Manu and I would like to thank all the authors who submitted during this special contest! The reader votes are tallied, and we are happy to announce the winners of our 2018 Winter Holidays Story Contest.

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
Mary's Innocent Passion by Glaze72

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
The Office Christmas Party Setup by m_storyman_x

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Christmas to Christmas by PapaRomantic

Congratulations to the 2018 Winter Holidays Contest Winners!
Manu and I would like to thank all the authors who submitted during this special contest! The reader votes are tallied, and we are happy to announce the winners of our 2018 Winter Holidays Story Contest.

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
Mary's Innocent Passion by Glaze72

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
The Office Christmas Party Setup by m_storyman_x

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Christmas to Christmas by PapaRomantic

Congratulations all!!!:rose:

Congrats to the winner/places and all who contributed. Before the overnight sweeps, only two of my seven were Hot--and they weren't Hot by much. At the end, though, all but two of them had been lifted up into the 4.70s zone.

"Christmas Market Sweets: -- 4.77
"Fridays at Battery Park Books" -- 4.79
"Gas Money for Santa" -- 4.44
"Holiday Companion" -- 4.56
"Leaf Raking Plus" -- 4.73
"Madison Mills" -- 4.72
"Snow Drifting" -- 4.77

Oh! So close...My story "Christmas Exchange" ended with a 4.85 just behind the winners (4.86, 4.86, 4.92)

This was my first contest so I was excited just to be in the running. Maybe next time.

Ended up at 4.84, 1386 votes ( a little over 30 swept ) 93.8k views, 209 favs, and 27 PCs. Up .05 over the steady score prior to sweeps.

Congratulations to the winners!

Ended up at 4.84, 1386 votes ( a little over 30 swept ) 93.8k views, 209 favs, and 27 PCs. Up .05 over the steady score prior to sweeps.

Congratulations to the winners!

Lol. You got half as many votes as my little number in SF got views. But I got 1 vote for every 40 views!!!!

The drama in these contests is interesting. I could see a couple of days ago that the winners were going to be way up there in scores, some clearly excellent authors who deserve the congratulations of all!!!

My own botched effort plodded steadily along...only lost a couple of votes in the two sweeps I noticed. In the end, I was really surprised at the 4.78 rating...now I suppose I'll always wonder what it would have been w/o all the typos and formating screw-ups? (I put an edit in two days after the contest opened...it's still pending :( )

PS: I did learn my lesson about rushing a piece out though...I have my (short) Valentine Contest story 99% complete...it's sitting in the oven baking for awhile ;)

3.8k views and 5 comments for mine. And I thought it was one of my best ever. Oh well, that’s SF for you.

I know! We can all console ourselves by remembering that readership slows down during this time of year...I'm sure I read that somewhere here recently...yeah, I'm positive that's the problem! It feels so good when one of those old nagging concerns is explained using scientific facts :D

3.8k views and 5 comments for mine. And I thought it was one of my best ever. Oh well, that’s SF for you.

Mine was similar, 6.9k views, 57 votes (after 10 swept) and 5 comments, at least they were all nice comments. The sweeps bumped me into an H finally. :heart:

That was fun, congrats to all, I’ll try to find time to read them.

Just thought I'd update; The edit on my entry was posted today. It's much much better, but I still ran across four missing/misused words. I can live with that. Anyway, just for info; the edit was put in late 12/09 when I found the mess I had submitted and posted out 12/20. So, just as has been said before, one can expect an edit to take longer than an initial submission.

Last edited:
Back