Wanted In More Ways Than One (Closed for raiguy)

Tay smiled and nodded, before quickly grabbing a shirt and shorts for her. He came back, setting them on the chair by the bed. "Bathroom's right across the hall, and I'm the door at the end of the hall. If you need me, don't hesitate to come knock," he said with a smile.
 
Tay nodded quietly, before heading to his bathroom. He stripped down to his boxer briefs, happy to finally be done for the day. It had been busier than he thought. Even before seeing Gwyn, he had had to deal with a B&E, two domestic disturbance calls, and then Gwyn.

He slowly slid into the shower, enjoying the hot spray as it relaxed his muscles. He slowly washed, letting the worry of the day slowly slip away. Once he was done with the shower, he brushed his teeth while drying off, and then grabbed a clean pair of boxer briefs, before climbing into bed and grabbing the book he had been reading lately. He turned the bedside lamp on, before turning the overhead light off and settling into bed to read.
 
Gwyn slipped into the clothes that Tay had provided, before crawling into the plush bed. A bed. She didn't remember the last time she actually slept in a bed, with pillows, blankets, sheets. . .

She curled up into her normal sleeping position and fell into a deep sleep, content enough to sleep soundly and through the night for the first time in five, six years.
 
Tay put the book aside, before stretching one last time as he settled into the bed. He didn't know what was in store for him, but he truly hoped everything ended up working out. He wanted to see if things would change between Gwyn and himself, but he knew it wouldn't happen until after she had her life sorted out. He closed his eyes, sighing softly, as he fell asleep.
 
Gwyn tossed and turned more as the night went on, but she remained asleep.

Around 9, she woke up. Padding silently out of the room, she found her way to the kitchen and made herself some coffee, trying not to wake Tay up.

She did wonder if things would change between her and Tay. They might, but she really needed to figure her life out.
 
Tay woke up due to noise in his house. He stretched, before coming awake and groggily making his way to the kitchen. Right about now was the time he would fix coffee on his day off, which today was. He yawned as he pulled a mug down and put a k-cup into his coffee maker. He stretched suddenly, before turning and seeing Gwyn. Still not fully awake, he smiled stupidly, before semi-coherently mumbling, "good morning, sunshine," like he used to.
 
Gwyn blushed as she heard the typical morning greeting that they had. "Good morning, Tay," she mumbled back, sipping on her coffee. She smiled at him. "I hope I didn't wake you," she added.
 
Tay shrugged, suddenly coming more awake. He suddenly looked down, realizing that he was only in his boxer briefs. He knew he had changed in the two years since they had last seen each other. He had put on about 30 pounds of muscle mass, and was a very well toned 240 pounds now. He shrugged, then sighed happily as he smelled the coffee brewing. "The perks of being a cop....becoming a coffee addict," he said with a smile.
 
"Perks of being a fugitive as well," Gwyn said, smiling. She couldn't help but admire his form. She always thought that Tay was good looking, and he just got better looking over the past few years. She sipped on her coffee. "When you're more awake, do you want to conduct that exam?" she asked softly.
 
After taking a few gulps of coffee, Tay was much more awake. After hearing what Gwyn asked, he nodded. "I most certainly can. If you'd like, we can do that now. Short of x-rays, which we might not need unless you really request them, I can conduct pretty much everything you'd get from a normal physical," he said.
 
Gwyn nodded. "That would be acceptable." She blushed a little. "Unfortunately, for you to be able to truly understand, I will have to undress," she informed him. "I. . . hope you don't mind."
 
Tay nodded, before slipping into a business state of mind. He knew he would probably see and hear things he didn't want to, but also knew he needed to to help Gwyn. He quickly went to his room, putting on shorts and a t-shirt, before grabbing a pair of black gloves, as well as a note pad and pen.

He walked back to the kitchen, before turning to Gwyn. "I'm ready if you'd like to go lay down on my bed. There's better lighting in my room," he said quietly.
 
Gwyn nodded before finishing her coffee. After that, she went to Tay's bedroom with him following her.

Once she was there, she stripped out of the shirt and shorts he had loaned her, leaving her in a sports bra and a pair of panties that had seen better days. She didn't think about how many scars and other visible injuries could or would be visible on her body, nor how much thinner she had gotten. She needed this exam. She laid down on the bed and looked up at Tay trustingly.
 
Tay immediately noticed a large bruise along Gwyn's left side. He could see, without feeling, that at least 3 ribs were broken, and seemed to not be setting right. As he stepped closer and ran his hands along her arms to feel if anything else was wrong, he noticed that she also had defensive wounds. He could see slash marks on her forearms, as well as the fact that at least one of her pinkies seemed broken.

He was writing everything down, including the two stab wounds that he could tell were starting to show an infection. He could see several burn marks as well, with what appeared to be cigarettes, but at least two were from a lighter, and one seemed to be a cigar. He could tell those needed to be cleaned out as well, and then bandaged with clean bandages. He could see bruises on her legs and feet as well, and knew that those seemed to be from being hit, at least as best as he could tell.

After writing everything down, Tay took a deep breath. "We are going to need to wrap your ribs to make sure they heal correctly. We will need to splint your pinky, and possibly rebreak it to make sure it sets correctly. The stab wounds need to be opened and irrigated to stop the infection, and then re-sutured correctly. The burns need to be cleaned and properly bandaged. The bruising needs to be monitored to make sure it doesn't get worse. I can do everything but the x-rays here. Do you want to take care of the x-rays now, or after I finish with the stab wounds and burns?" he asked, knowing she would tell him how it all happened when she was ready.
 
"Might as well do the X-rays now," Gwyn said quietly. She never really knew the full extent of her injuries, but she also ignored them. They were unimportant, until now. "Just so you know what you're dealing with." She shivered, cold again.
 
Tay nodded, before looking at Gwyn. "Do I need to also check under your underwear, or is everything there okay as well? I'm asking because I want to make sure that I don't break your trust, but I also need to know if something has been bothering you in that regard as well," he said quietly.
 
Gwyn nodded. "You should probably check. I think everything's okay, but I don't know the full extent of my injuries, so there could be some things that are bad down there." She slowly slipped her her panties down, wincing as the cloth trailed over her skin before laying back down.
 
Tay nodded, before gently spreading her legs. He settled down between her legs, looking closely, while also making sure that nothing felt wrong. He applied pressure like he was taught for a physical, and seeing no involuntary response, was able to tell that everything seemed to be okay. He could tell that she had a bit of dry skin, but that was probably more from not being able to wash her clothes regularly.

He slowly spread her lips, before checking to see if everything else was okay. He didn't see her wincing, and withdrew his finger, before moving to gently palpate each breast. When nothing seemed to turn up from that, he sighed softly.

"Everything appears to be okay. You might want to use some lotion for dry skin, but that seems more to do with your clothing than anything else. Does it hurt to urinate, or is there a burning sensation?" he asked, writing down his findings.
 
Gwyn shook her head. "No, thank heavens," she whispered softly. "When can we do the X-Rays?" She wanted the exam to be done and over with. The more she knew about her injuries, the better she can explain everything. She looked over at him as he wrote down his findings.
 
Tay thought as he took his gloves off. "I don't work today, but I can probably head over to the hospital. I know a lab tech who can get the x-rays for us done today, and then I can look at them and figure out what needs to be done. If I need to ask a physician, I have a friend I can talk to as well," he said. He handed her the t-shirt and shorts she had been wearing.

"We can get you some clothes on the way back, but the t-shirt and athletic shorts will be okay to go for the x-ray. Are you ready to go now, or do you want a different shirt or shorts?" he asked.
 
"Won't I be recognized, Tay? What if I'm recognized? You could get in big trouble right now. You would loose your job and end up in a cell next to mine, for aiding a fugitive!" Gwyn's old fears returned, even as she put on her clothes again.
 
Tay chuckled. "No, because we wouldn't be going to a normal hospital. I'd go to the animal clinic that I use to treat my horses. My friend works there, and I've gotten x-rays there a few times when I needed them to be done quickly, and not in a hospital," he said with a grin.
 
Gwyn relaxed. "Oh. Okay. That's acceptable." She breathed deeply. "That's better. Sorry, but I don't want you to get in trouble on my account." She sighed and squared her shoulders. "Let's go."
 
Tay nodded, before grabbing a pair of athletic shorts for himself, and pulling a tank top on. The beautiful thing about Texas was that it pretty much stayed warm enough for shorts all year round.

As they walked to the truck, he slid into sandals, before locking the door and opening the garage. Once they were into the truck, he backed out, closed the garage, and drove them to the animal clinic. It was a short ride over, which was nice, as it didn't allow for anxiety to really build.

Tay pulled into the lot behind the building, and then shut the truck off. "My buddy is inside. Right now, we can do a full x-ray to make sure, or we can just do your ribs and finger. Up to you," he said, opening his door and hopping down, before moving around to open Gwyn's door for her.
 
Back
Top