Hormone Replacement Theropy

Annabell4you

Really Experienced
LADIES!!!
If you on hormone replacement theropy (HRT), would you let me know what you're taking, and at what age you started taking it?
Also please let me know what form. example... pill, spray, lotion, ring...

I'd appriciate it. I am most interested in the ladies under 40, but any on it would be great to know.

Thanks Annabell

I'm 52, and started taking the Angeliq 1/2 pill a year ago.

I was having terrible hot flushes/sweats and generally feeling sluggish and "not myself". Within a few days of starting this pill I was feeling heaps better, and apart from some spotting which is easy to cope with I have had no side effects.

Earlier this year I went to a local HRT clinic and had two cycles of the implanted pellets of hormone replacement therapy and the oral progesterone capsules. I felt GREAT, slept good, no more dry skin, tons more energy BUT after the second cycle, I just couldn't take my face breaking out so bad so I stopped it.

I highly recommend it to others though if you don't have the facial side effects that I do....PM me if you want the website so you can see if they have a office near you.

I'm 52, and started taking the Angeliq 1/2 pill a year ago.

I was having terrible hot flushes/sweats and generally feeling sluggish and "not myself". Within a few days of starting this pill I was feeling heaps better, and apart from some spotting which is easy to cope with I have had no side effects.

Thank you very much. Will ask about that one on Monday.

I am currently 51, last summer I had an unexpected surgical menopause. I am on ERT. I currently take a .9 premarin pill daily and 1 gm Estrace vaginally weekly. I was originally on .625 premarin and not Estrace. I was getting exhausted, hot flashes and uncomfortably dry everywhere.

My skin is still very dry, but it is the middle of a bad winter here and I have unhumidified heat. I have considered taking topical progesterone.

I usually feel okay now on the meds, my hair is growing out more.

I am currently 51, last summer I had an unexpected surgical menopause. I am on ERT. I currently take a .9 premarin pill daily and 1 gm Estrace vaginally weekly. I was originally on .625 premarin and not Estrace. I was getting exhausted, hot flashes and uncomfortably dry everywhere.

My skin is still very dry, but it is the middle of a bad winter here and I have unhumidified heat. I have considered taking topical progesterone.

I usually feel okay now on the meds, my hair is growing out more.

Thank you. I was given a low dose of jell estrogen. Can't take to much or the endo can grow back and attack other organs.

I've had endo surgery twice already and hopefully looking for a hysterectomy sometime this year. Been lucky so far it hasn't attached to my ovaries so I am hoping to keep them.
Good luck Annabell.

I've had endo surgery twice already and hopefully looking for a hysterectomy sometime this year. Been lucky so far it hasn't attached to my ovaries so I am hoping to keep them.
Good luck Annabell.

Keep them if you can!

Thanks to a wonderful lady that is no longer a regular on Lit, I received some great info and was able to steer my wife to some much needed relief. She is taking Premarin. It has done wonders to help alleviate her hot flashes and night sweats. It has also replenished her vaginal moisture like she is a teenager in heat. Second best she ever made, :nana:

Back