a gay story about the invention of anal sex

biflipperguy

Experienced
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Posts
48
Bonobo chimps perform all of the sexual acts that humans do, both straight and gay, except one. They don't have anal sex. That means it is a human invention, and a culturally evolved behavior. That means somebody was the first one to do it. I'm thinking about writing a story about the first ass fucker, or rather fuckee. I'm guessing it was an adolescent male who got envious of the females in his band, and persuaded an experienced male to fuck him in the ass. Has anyone ever seen such a story? Any thoughts.
 
More of a discovery than an invention, wouldn't you say?

I think it happened the same day fire was discovered. Ogh leaped back unexpectedly as the log fired up and landed on the cock of Ergh, who had been standing close behind him.
 
I gargled for non-human anal intercourse and was pointed to the Wikipedia article on Animal sexual behaviour which mentions that male giraffes have anal sex to orgasm. So be sure to write about gay giraffes.

EDIT: The Wikipedia article on Homosexual behavior in animals mentions other species engaging in full MM anal sex: porpoises, bisons, and polecats. Yes, your nearby zoo may be a hotbed of buggery.
 
Last edited:
giraffe ass fucking

what a fun thought. worth a mention. But what I'm really interested in is how it might have evolved for real. Somehow I doubt if watching giraffes played a role. You'd have to climb a tree to get a good look at which hole was taking the cock. ha ha! Thanks, anyhow.

Doncha wonder how the animal behaviorist first noticed this? ha ha I'm getting blessed! ha ha

If you think about how a giraffe is built, how is the one with the penis going to get a good look at which hole he's putting it in? I mean can you picture it?! So maybe he just makes a mistake. Oops, honey! That's worth a story in itself. ha ha ha

I gargled for non-human anal intercourse and was pointed to the Wikipedia article on Animal sexual behaviour which mentions that male giraffes have anal sex to orgasm. So be sure to write about gay giraffes.
 
My edited post above includes another link. I read that further and found that, "In captivity, they [Amazon river dolphin or boto] have been observed to sometimes perform homosexual and heterosexual penetration of the blowhole, a hole homologous with the nostril of other mammals, making this the only known example of nasal sex in the animal kingdom."

As it happens, my in-progress (unfinished) trephination fetish story LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD features penile penetration of ear and eye sockets -- but I hadn't figured on nose-fucking. I'll have to add that to the story. If dolphins can do it, so can brain-damaged humans!
 
And I think the chimps just weren't talking about what they were up to.
 
Wouldn't sex in a blow-hole count as a blow job?

And as for giraffes, I'm sure the buttfucking was just a natural transition from all that necking.
 
A related idea I'd be more interested in: Herodotus wrote that the Persians learnt anal sex from the Greeks. That must have been an interested experience...
 
He was taunting the Persians on their claims to have invented/discovered everything.
 
Alexander's Persian eunuch

Didn't a Persian king give Alexander the great a eunuch as a gift? There's a novel about it. But of course the practice of buttfucking had been around a long time by then, so that doesn't say which group invented it. There must have been a lot of trade in bottom boys among warring armies. But Alexander and his main squeeze Haiphaestion probably had an egalitarian homosexual love. They were flipfuckers. Hurrah for versatiles!
 
Julius Caesar

There was also a serious man-boy romance in JC's youth, with the king of Bithynia. Caesar was later teased about it -- some taunted him with the title Queen of Bithynia.
 
Flipfuckers? There's a term I'm unfamiliar with. Nothing to do with dolphins, I hope. Please explain?
 
flipfucking

Among gay and bi men, the question of who inserts and who receives becomes important. In the gay world, a lot of men make this part of their identity, calling themselves "top" or "bottom" (dom/sub, active/passive, etc.)

Some of us are "versatile" -- we enjoy taking either role, and enjoy romances where the partners are equal, instead of getting hung up on dominance issues.

A classic flip-fuck is when the partners reverse positions in the same lovemaking session. I fuck my partner for a while and then he fucks me. Or he starts out on "top" and then we switch. In a more general sense a flipfucker is a "versatile gay/bi" man who enjoys both roles, but not necessarily doing both in the same session.

Some of us bi versatiles like to "flip" with a female partner, letting her ass-fuck us with a strap-on dildo.

It looks as though early hominids usually preferred the man-boy variety of homosexuality. A middle-aged man (insertive) romanced an adolescent boy (receptive). Athenians like Socrates were famous for this. Then later in life the boy would grow a beard, marry a woman, and have his own boy-lover in middle age.

Alexander the Great and his male romantic partner Haiphaestion were the same age and both shaved their faces into their 30s. They were very open and passionate about their sexual love, and it looks as though they were egalitarian. Flip-fuckers.

Alexander and Haiphaestion were great admirers of Achilles and Patroclus from the Iliad, who may have also been egalitarian.
 
Didn't a Persian king give Alexander the great a eunuch as a gift? There's a novel about it. But of course the practice of buttfucking had been around a long time by then, so that doesn't say which group invented it. There must have been a lot of trade in bottom boys among warring armies. But Alexander and his main squeeze Haiphaestion probably had an egalitarian homosexual love. They were flipfuckers. Hurrah for versatiles!

Mary Renault's The Persian Boy (?)

And, to the next posting, Julius Caesar was accused of having an affair with King Nicomedes of Bithynia because he hung around there so long--later he was accused of having an affair with his son-in-law Pompey.
 
Renault, Pompey

yes, that's right, Renault's The Persian Boy. I've never read it. Have you? Anybody? I'd be more interested in a novel about Alexander and Haiphaestion. (Eunuchs don't interest me much. Bottom boys are more interesting, because the whole experience was part of what it meant to grow up into a man at that time. And that's an interesting transition. Of course I sympathize with the poor Persian kid who got his balls chopped off, but he still doesn't interest me. ha ha)

I'm very dubious re: Pompey, although I think the Nicomedes romance really happened. It's a very plausible instance of the man-boy pattern that was common in ancient Greece, less so in Rome. The Romans admired Greek culture, but thought it was effeminate, and Roman soldiers pretty much stayed away from it -- origins of modern attitudes among military. The fact that they teased Caesar about it, but still accepted him as leader -- it's a good example of transition.

I'd be interested in looking at your source for the Pompey incident.
 
Mary Renault once again: Fire from Heaven

I don't think of the Greek mentor/boy sexual relationship as having been taken as romantic. I think it was a natural apprentice-type arrangement with the sex being a natural add on at the time. Having a sponsor and learning the ropes of a society that didn't have quite the pedophile phobia we have now (basically any sense that the boy was being taken advantage of before he could make such choices for himself. Few people at that time could make choices for themselves). Affectionate perhaps, but not really romantic.

The arrangement hasn't died out in the Mediterranean, although not so much with boys anymore. Having lived there and being connected with universities, I had a series of young men sent to me from the Med for sponsorship in studies--that included a sexual relationship understanding. I don't think any of us thought of it as a romantic relationship. In my residencies on Greek islands in the Med, I ran across many older-younger male sexual relationships early in life. (Although I was older--early thirties--I had such a relationship with an older Arab university professor--I have stories about that posted here.) It didn't seem to prevent the men from marrying and have families later.

You can google to find the Pompey connection. It hasn't popped up in the exhaustive (and exhausting) Colleen McCullough historical novels on the period, so it might not be widely accepted. The connection to King Nicomedes certain appears in historical tomes from the time, though--in opponents' jabs at him (similar to Thomas Jefferson's opponents raking the Sally Heming connection over the coals for political advantage.) The kicker, though, is that most of Caesar's opponents probably went through the same process themselves.
 
Aristotle Onassis, the Greek shipping magnate (and Jackie Kennedy sugar daddy) was in a more recent arrangement like this. This involved life and death issues, though. He was from a Greek family living in Smyrna, Turkey (now Izmir), when the Greeks occupied that. In the early twenties, the Turks took control again, expelled the Greeks, and didn't mind thinning them out (in particular the ones old enough or approaching old enough to fight) while they were leaving. At about 16 Aristotle gave himself to a Turkish army officer for protection until he could escape to Argentina and start building his shipping empire. (There were later rumors about him and Prince Rainier of Monaco too.) A lot of interesting stories in the Mediterranean.
 
Last edited:
man-boy romance in homo sapiens

I guess we all define "romantic" differently. To me the combination of affection and sex is the very essence of romance.

Very interesting re: Onassis. Yes, I believe this pattern is very much alive. It seems possible that it has elements of hard wiring in the species. And that brings me back to my original evolutionary interest. I would love to know when and how the behavior appeared. Bonobo chimps, the closest simians to us in sexual behavior, don't appear to do buttfucking (although they practice other homosexual behaviors), and regular chimps definitely wouldn't. In fact, Christopher Ryan in Sex at Dawn, thinks that pre-agricultural homo sapiens, like bonobos, did not have long-term sexual bonds of any type, but did group parenting, like bonobos and many foragers do today.

So when did it arise? It seems to me it must have been a cultural invention at first (culture being the human specialty), which means a couple of dudes must have thought it up and tried it. And that's the story I want to write.

Then it must have achieved some level of wiring later on, like straight marriage (although Ryan thinks even straight monogamy is weakly wired even today, and he seems to believe the stories about bisexuality not being real).

My premise is that some adolescent kid was the inventor. He witnessed his sister getting fucked really good, and envied her. Later he went and sat on her boyfriend's dick, and voila, the man-boy buttfuck was invented. Then egalitarian buttfucking (flipfucking) later on.

I Googled around about Pompey and found nothing. I don't find mention of personal contact between Pompey and Caesar before 59 BC, when they formed the Triumvirate with a colleague, and Caesar gave Pompey his daughter in marriage (as an essentially political act). Caesar was 41 and Pompey 47, definitely too old for it to have had any man-boy trappings, and too politically established for it to have been any kind of mentorship. Caesar gave his daughter to the 6-years-older man as the act of a political ally, not a protege or mentor. And the idea of egalitarian sexuality between them is even more psychologically implausible. Their relationship was always political, it seems to me.

Interestingly, the Wiki article on Caesar says Marc Antony charged that the relations between Julius and his nephew Octavian involved man-boy sexuality. That would have been a little more plausible, but I don't trust the source. Antony had good reasons for wanting to defame both of them, and accusing them of the effeminate Greek practice, still accepted but considered a sign of weakness, would have been the perfect accusation.
 
The romance involved, yes, is open to interpretation. My reading of the Greek-style relationship of man and boy, though, doesn't relate affection toward the boy as being attached to the sex act. It's more an affection for the individual as a person. My reading of the arrangement and the mind-set of the times is that male-male sex was an extension of physical exercise and conditioning. Just part of toning up and worshiping the body (his and your own) and its natural functions. You admired the physical body of another male and it aroused you, you worshiped it if you could and celebrated your own at the same time. Any emotional affection you had for that male was separate from this.

I think this is how having a heterosexual relationship and a family coexisted naturally at the time with both having a full service boy around or even a good buddy or two nearer to your age.
 
For the purpose of writing a LIT story as requested by the OP: who CARES about any actual history? Just make stuff up! Posit a tribe where somebody found that a thumb up the anus felt good for the thumbee (when done properly), then expanded to penis-in-anus sex (guys just gotta stick that thing anywhere), then to guys daisychaining front-to-rear. The question then becomes: who was the first Lucky Maurice?
 
For the purpose of writing a LIT story as requested by the OP: who CARES about any actual history? Just make stuff up! Posit a tribe where somebody found that a thumb up the anus felt good for the thumbee (when done properly), then expanded to penis-in-anus sex (guys just gotta stick that thing anywhere), then to guys daisychaining front-to-rear. The question then becomes: who was the first Lucky Maurice?

I agree, which is why, after an initial tongue-in-cheek response, I dropped that discussion out of my posts. Who could know? And why does thinking you know control a short story you're writing?
 
my take on erotic historical fiction

who CARES about any actual history? Just make stuff up!

I do. For me the enjoyment of writing, or reading, historical fiction is about imagining what it was really like for the people at the time, verified by its resonance with my own emotional life today. And if one goes further back into the paleolithic, imagining what it was like to be a pre-human person in a band of foragers, where sexual practices were evolving as part of human relationships. Just imagining any old silly thing wouldn't be engaging, or sexy. About homosex in ancient Greece, there too I want to connect what it must have really felt like for Socrates and Alcibiades, verified by how it felt for me when I was still married with a family and had a male fuckbuddy on the side -- although for me the egalitarian pattern has always been preferable to the age-ranked thing, which is why Alexander and Hephaestaion interest me more. Of course I had (and have) impersonal sex too, but it wasn't (and isn't) emotionally interesting, so why write about it. Cock in pussy. Cock in ass. ho - hum....

so the question of "who was the lucky first Maurice?" can only be (for me) "what did it feel like to be him, in the context of his human relationships?" and any old thumb-up-the-ass fantasy wouldn't have the emotional credibility to be interesting, or sexy.

different strokes, eh?
 
caring when appropriate

@biflipperguy:
Yes, when writing historical fiction, tis best to work within the framework of reality, of known history. My point was that an ORIGIN story would be pre-historical, undocumented -- so a LIT author is free to invent any scenario(s) desired. The discoveries of fire, weaponry, music, and anal sex can all be written about in imaginative ways, little constrained by preconceptions. Each was likely discovered independently many times, so many origin scenarios may be contrived.
 
Back
Top