Seeking feedback for Loving Wives stories

PenLightStories

Ideal Mate
Joined
Nov 19, 2016
Posts
431
I’ve published the first three parts of a series about a man and his wife who are becoming more exploratory and adventurous after their child leaves for college. I know most people prefer to write the whole series and publish at once but I’m a little limited on time and want to be able to get feedback and force myself to focus and write more efficiently which is why only 3 chapters are up.

What I’d like to find out is
General feedback - how do you immediately respond to it?
Is the sex appropriately descriptive enough to achieve its goals?
Are the characters and story developed enough so far to help a reader get into the story and get some sort of build up to the sex?
Are the descriptions of the characters clear enough to help you understand what they look like?

Someone already posted that they’d like less office work in the story and more sex and I’m definitely building up to that in the next installment. I get what they’re saying but would appreciate other feedback on the subject

Any other feedback appreciated

Here is the first chapter

https://www.literotica.com/s/candi-and-our-new-arrangement-ch-01

The rest of the series on my author page
https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3453010&page=submissions

It’s been a little tough to find an editor to work with around both of our schedules so I hope my own edits have been enough so far.

Im not sensitive. You can let me have it...
 
There was some good stuff. My favorite line:
My wife's heavy breasts bounced underneath her silk pajama top as she maneuvered her body.

I just think you ran through some big points very fast. A ton of exposition in that first few paragraphs. That could have been ten or pages by itself. What was their life like before? How did she tell him she wanted something different? Why did she want something different? What did he think about it?

For me, all of that would have given the blowjob - the shift in the dynamics surrounding it - more resonance. It would have meant something more to me.
Instead I only know the new Candi, so her apparently different behavior and the new dynamic between them is the only dynamic between them I know.

Keep writing it. Just slow down. The sex scenes only mean something if you give us something before and after.
 
Scratches his head???

These chapters have been up for close to two months and you're just asking for feedback now?

OK starting a story in BDSM isn't loving wives. Most readers there don't seem to like BDSM and are pretty vocal about it. So then launching it into LW in ch2 is going to lose you a lot of readers when they see ch1 start in that arena.

Secondly Ch1 ran a whole 935 words roughly 1/4 of a 3700 average word Lit page. That pisses readers off and doesn't put enough meat out there to attract them back. Hell I won't even rate a story like that and pretty much drop it myself when the BDSM shows up.

All in all it doesn't even tempt me to read it although it may be an excellent story. But there are dozens of stories daily to compete with and any lack can be the kiss of death to your efforts.

This isn't a reflection on your writing I noticed the first story you ever posted in 10 chapters, 6 of which got H ratings and several others are close. That's pretty good.

So that covers how I immediately respond to it. The rest will have to come from someone that will read it. BDSM insures I won't.
 
Back
Top