Is Interracial Pornography Racist?

Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Posts
18
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.
 
I think the answer is only if you want to make it so. Otherwise a mixed group is just that, a mixed group of people from all sorts of backgrounds and heritage.
 
My boyfriend is talented, intelligent, witty, affectionate, considerate, a passionate lover...and black.

I am white. He has confessed to me that when we first started dating he was worried that I would be disappointed because he did not fit the mold of what he thought white women had come to expect from black men, sexually.

He is not a "BBC", he is not my "bull", he is my wonderful man, a person of multiple facets.

Interracial porn, per se, is not racist, but it often includes tropes that veer into harmful stereotyping, which does carry the stain of racism.
 
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.

Well, given that's mostly 100% what I write I'd disagree that it's racist. Racism quite literally is prejudice, discrimination antagonism to someone of a different race based on the belief that ones own race is superior. Interracial porn plays on tHe eroticism involved in sex between people of different racial backgrounds. It can be racist if that's how the writer wants to write it, but so can anything.

Criticism of IR porn or erotica is part of a trend that criticizes interracial relationships of any sort between non white females and white males. Ive been on a couple of websites lately where there's been a real hate on for Asian girls dating white guys and it's just nasty. As far as discussions go, you're better of just staying away from it if it comes up in a work environment.
 
IMO, anyone who thinks consenting sex between adults is racist needs to see a shrink.

Racism is in the eye of the beholder. If you look for it, you will find it.
 
Dollie

It's sort of odd, my husband and I grew up mostly only around white people. Then he worked among mixed races and we met people of other color as we traveled. Then after we began playing games, I wanted to let black men fondle my boobs too. I'll admit the thought was exciiting me every time.
As we got older and did more we don't even think about what color the others are unless someone else brings it up.

We did notice the black men seem to make a big deal of having sex or just playing around with me. I see nothing racist about it. It's just the contrast of skin colors together.
For me, penis size is also equal. Some white men have larger penis and some black men have a small one. I suppose my husband's was among the large until he aged. Still, I've seen larger of all colors and some very tiny on grown men.
 
As usual with this sort of question the answer is - it depends.

Part of the attraction of Interracial Pornography is the taboo factor 'you shouldn't do it with another colour/race'. Some people who want to read or watch interracial see it as wrong, forbidden, unacceptable in real life.

That attitude IS racist.

If you see interracial as normal and that the participants are people first and their colour is irrelevant, then the taboo factor is missing. To you the colour/race doesn't matter so why would you find interracial special?

What can make a story interesting is the difference in cultures. If your community sees interracial relationships as wrong then there can be conflict between the lovers and their families - the Romeo and Juliet or Othello and Desdemona scenario.
 
Last edited:
It can be racist if that's how the writer wants to write it, but so can anything.

I think that's the key point right there. You can choose to make anything you create racist.

But to expand on that, once you release your creation to the world, you have no control over how the audience perceives it. As with beauty, racism is in the eye of the beholder.
 
If you shy away from letting sex be mixed race, you might be doing so out of racism. If you can't conscious sex between two or more people just because they aren't the same skin-tone color or of the same ethnic makeup, that would be racism.
 
Oh, for fuck's sake...

No, it isn't racist. I have enjoyed it since I first saw it in the 70s, and not because one race was being belittled by the other, but because, especially back then, it was bold and still somewhat 'forbidden'. I like B&W no matter who is B or who is W. I also like it when they're both women or both men. I guess that, unbeknownst to me, I must hate everybody. That's weird... I don't feel like I hate everybody.

People throw racism charges at the slightest thing, and it's gotten to a ludicrous degree. Those that knee-jerk that crap out are morons, plain and simple.

Over the weekend, in a discussion about Florida, a commentator on TV said that even talking about looters was racist. Why? Who's the racist there? The one who takes it for granted that it's racist because they already presume the looters are minorities? To me that commentator was the racist with their inane presumption.

And what the OP said about everybody agreeing with the co-workers assinine statement: that's just modern groupthink.

For fuck's sake...
 
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.

You're right. he's wrong
 
Well, for an idea of the typical reaction if you're an asian girl dating a white guy and you blog about it, read the comments at the bottom of this blog post here - WHAT IT’S LIKE DATING A WHITE GUY AS AN ASIAN GIRL- the reaction you get online from some people is not very nice.

I find the inherent racism in those that criticize interracial relationships appalling. I find the criticisms of Asian girls in relationships with white guys by the self same people who say white girl - black guy relationships are fine even more appallingly racist. One of the attractions of an ethnically rather more diverse society than in the past is to break with some of those old constraints and form lasting relationships where in the past that would have been frowned on or outright legislated against.
 
Last edited:
I guess it "could be" depending on the context of the shoot, like any other film. We could go into "trailer trash white people" or any other host of stereotypes.

I'd rather just enjoy my life and like other people until they give me a reason not to.

:shrug:
 
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.

Is IR automatically racist? Hell no. I've written several stories that involve sex and romance between people with different backgrounds, where that difference was an important part of the story. I'm writing another one right now!

But there are reasons why people get twitchy about stuff that's specifically marketed as "interracial". Both in written erotica and in video-type porn, a significant amount of IR stuff builds on racist stereotypes and helps to reinforce them.

In particular, there's a stereotype that Black men are hypersexual animals obsessed with fucking white women. That stereotype didn't just come out of nowhere. Groups like the KKK have been plugging it for a very long time, portraying Black men as sexual threats obsessed with defiling White womanhood, and I hope I don't have to explain why that has horrific consequences. (If anybody really doesn't understand, start by googling the case of Jesse Washington and continue from there through to modern miscarriages of justice.)

From what I see of IR, a lot of it is still trading on that same stereotype: Big Black Bull Destroys Tiny Virginal White Teen is a hell of a lot more popular than White Guy And Black Woman Have Loving, Mutually Respectful Encounter, know what I mean? I don't think the makers and audiences for IR porn are trying to hurt anybody, but it's not too hard to understand why people are uncomfortable seeing that kind of stereotype reinforced without examination.

Oh, for fuck's sake...

No, it isn't racist. I have enjoyed it since I first saw it in the 70s, and not because one race was being belittled by the other, but because, especially back then, it was bold and still somewhat 'forbidden'. I like B&W no matter who is B or who is W.

Good for you. But it seems like quite a lot of people are only into BM/WW and not those other combinations, and that's where it gets important to ask why there's such a fixation on that one particular pairing.

Over the weekend, in a discussion about Florida, a commentator on TV said that even talking about looters was racist. Why? Who's the racist there? The one who takes it for granted that it's racist because they already presume the looters are minorities? To me that commentator was the racist with their inane presumption.

Back in the day of Hurricane Katrina there was a famous pair of photos doing the rounds. They were pretty much identical in content - people wading through flood water with bags of supplies - except one was a black guy, and the other was of a white couple.

The photo of the black guy was captioned "A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store". The photo of the white couple was captioned "Two residents walk through chest deep flood water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store".

A lot of people saw that as racism: when a black person does it, it's "looting", when a white person does it it's "finding".

I didn't see the commentator you mention, so I can only speculate here, but they may have been referring to that issue. It's not racist to say "looting", but there can be racism in what acts do and don't get labelled as "looting".
 
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.

If you were hearing that in conversation at the office, then they were probably talking about pornographic videos and pictures, not about literature.

Most of the interracial black/white videos and pictures I've seen use the stereotypes that Bramblethorn described, and additionally depend on the Big Black Cock stereotype. Some of the photo sets are even very skillfully done. I consider those to be fundamentally racist.

There was a thread--on the Story Feedback form, I think--that asked if all IR stories were trash. It might be a good place to look for opinions (a lot of opinions, if I remember right) pertinent to Lit.
 
Interracial love is not racist

Interracial sex is not racist

Interracial porn as an industry and genre however is literally lit-erred with racist tropes and concepts that it would be hard to argue that it didn't rely on some notion of innate racism to "work", racism seems to be the fuel that drives interracial pornography as a medium , which is really just code word for black person having sex with anyone who's not black. Thus it's racism.

I hate the word "Interracial" . It doesn't even make sense.
 
Last edited:
[QUOTE From Bramblethorn=Back in the day of Hurricane Katrina there was a famous pair of photos doing the rounds. They were pretty much identical in content - people wading through flood water with bags of supplies - except one was a black guy, and the other was of a white couple.

The photo of the black guy was captioned "A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store". The photo of the white couple was captioned "Two residents walk through chest deep flood water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store".

A lot of people saw that as racism: when a black person does it, it's "looting", when a white person does it it's "finding".

I didn't see the commentator you mention, so I can only speculate here, but they may have been referring to that issue. It's not racist to say "looting", but there can be racism in what acts do and don't get labelled as "looting".[/QUOTE]

I didn't write down the name of the commentator - it was a guest not the anchor, but the footage they showed were reasonably well dressed people (black) breaking into a store coming out with boxes and boxes of shoes. The anchor pointed out that they weren't taking food, water, diapers etc., and they loaded their goods into a reasonably new, mid-priced car, meaning they didn't look destitute. It was clearly looting for profit. It's entirely possible that they might have had footage available of white people doing the same thing and selected what they wanted to show - who knows?

I'm sick and tired of all the race-baiting.

Addition: Literally right now, after I posted this, FLA AG Pam Bondi was on TV saying the state was going to prosecute the above mentioned looters. She's still talking as I hit 'submit'.
 
Last edited:
I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world

In particular, there's a stereotype that Black men are hypersexual animals obsessed with fucking white women.

From what I see of IR, a lot of it is still trading on that same stereotype: Big Black Bull Destroys Tiny Virginal White Teen is a hell of a lot more popular than White Guy And Black Woman Have Loving, Mutually Respectful Encounter, know what I mean?

That's where I was going to go. There seems to be a belief that black women aren't pretty enough for modeling and adult films. How many black models or adult film stars are there? Can most people name one or two, or more?

I started a thread here for women of color. It went no where.
 
Just the fact it is interracial means it can't be racist, because the mix approves of the combination. Please! :eek:
 
What's the emphasis? USA has a bitter racial legacy and many tales of IR sex exploit the stereotypes of that legacy. That's the IR thrill, the nasty national taboo resultant from the nation's original sin, slavery.

IR pr0n in USA is usually black-white, less often white-latino or some other despised group. In late 1800s Irish were considered subhuman; the Anglophone press regularly pictured Irish as apes. IR pr0n of 150 years back could have featured a demure Anglo maiden debauched by a loutish Irish beast.

You'll find racial aspects in my stories but I prefer the #MultiRacial tag. People of all ethinc and cultural backgrounds manage to fuck each other. Sometimes racist power imbalance is obvious, sometimes not. I have no predilections to push here.
 
Ancient British racialism

My Mother said, I never should
Play with the gypsies in the wood.
If I did, she would say;
'Naughty girl to disobey!

Your hair shan't curl and your shoes shan't shine,
You gypsy girl, you shan't be mine!
And my father said that if I did,
He'd rap my head with the teapot lid.

My mother said that I never should
Play with the gypsies in the wood.
The wood was dark, the grass was green;
By came Sally with a tambourine.

I went to sea - no ship to get across;
I paid ten shillings for a blind white horse.
I upped on his back and was off in a crack,
Sally tell my mother I shall never come back.
 
Personally, I think having it as a special category is racist. It's irritated the crap out of me if people suggest my marriage is some sort of 'fetish', and fetishising particular ethnicities always makes me uneasy. People of different ethnicities having sex are ultimately just people having sex - race-tagging them is unnecessary.
However, I can see that cultural difference can create interesting narrative aspects. I don't think most 'interracial porn' is based on that though.
 
Oh daughter, dear daughter
Take a warning from me
And don't you go marching
With the young C.N.D.
For they'll rock you and roll you
And shove you into bed
And if they steal your nuclear secrets
You'll wish you were dead

Oh wait, that's political, not racial. [/me leafs through dirty songbooks but can't find racist ditties] I do recall a predecessor of RUM AND COCA-COLA called BIG BAMBOO. A woman prefers BBCs over Chinese lovers:

She wants the Big Bamboo
And not chop-sticks

Inter- and multi-racial sex tales can punch infinite buttons. We can explore and exploit any theme we wish, with any tone. But the realm is laden with traps. Beware.
 
This thread reminds me of the "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" song by Avenue Q.
 
Back
Top