Looking for a bit of advice...

D

DarkPleasures

Guest
I was wondering if there is a free blog site that is better than the rest...one that allows adult content and pictures. I'll admit I don't really know anything about Tumblr as I don't have an account, but I know people host pics there. Is it a possible blog as well? I do have limited experience with BlogSpot from back when I was in school, but obviously didn't try using it for adult content. I also know Facebook isn't really the right outlet either.

I'm looking to expand horizons and know there are Lit authors and poets who blog. What do you all recommend?
 
darkpleasures, nice to see you again, been a while!

what exactly is it that you want out of your blogging experience? simple self-expression? hopes to monetize at some point? something else?

ed
 
Hello Mr Whisper. I suppose "simple expression" will mainly be it, but I'd like the freedom of knowing I could add a naughty photo if I wish. :)



P.S. Bring yer ass back to Story Ideas! :p
 
I was wondering if there is a free blog site that is better than the rest...one that allows adult content and pictures. I'll admit I don't really know anything about Tumblr as I don't have an account, but I know people host pics there. Is it a possible blog as well? I do have limited experience with BlogSpot from back when I was in school, but obviously didn't try using it for adult content. I also know Facebook isn't really the right outlet either.

I'm looking to expand horizons and know there are Lit authors and poets who blog. What do you all recommend?

You can certainly post text on Tumblr, so yeah, you can use it as a blog, although the comment/reply functionality works a bit different from most blogging platforms.
 
darkpleasures: heh, been a while since i set virtual foot there. i suppose i oughta drop by if for no other reason than to give old sean renaud the odd troutsmack. :D

for casual blogging, self-expression, etc, there are a bunch of perfectly good options that permit adult/mature content, including blogger (blogger's content policy.)

me personally, i favor wordpress, which also permits mature content such as you're considering. i like wordpress because it's a good bit more feature-rich than the alternatives, and if you want to get your own domain, it's a little easier to manage with wordpress.

i'm not crazy about tumblr for what you're describing--as bramblethorn said, it's a bit different. hell, i only use tumblr for p40n anyway. i mistrust tumblr though due to their being owned now by yahoo but others likely don't share my suspicion.

because blogger is a google product, this could lead to some undesirable blurring between your darkpleasures identity and your real-life one. i generally try to maintain a very rigid delineation b/n my silverwhisper ID and my RL identity so if you're doing something similar and using only a single gmail address, that is definitely not be desirable. but it's also easily managed by establishing a second gmail address.

naturally, any decent blogging site offers integration with social media, although IMHO, wordpress makes it very, very easy. i happen to like that, but depending upon your preferences, that's either interesting or irrelevant.

i would suggest poking around and evaluating them on your own. it's not like it's gonna cost you anything no matter what you choose, after all. :>

ed
 
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but "fetlife.com" is pretty wide open. It's mostly oriented toward BDSM and kink, but there are also a lot of non-BDSM people as well. You can post about any picture you want and include your own writing and postings similar to Facebook. It's not a true blog, but it could serve your purposes.
 
I'm a fan of Wordpress, too. No complaints, and they never complained about all my erotica and nudes, so.
 
If you're looking to eventually monetize make sure you read the small print, a lot of blog sites wont allow for it in regards to adult material.
 
Been a couple of days since I've checked in, so I'd like to take the time to thank everyone for their opinions and info. Wordpress is definitely one I'm not familiar with yet, so I'll have to check them out. Also, I've heard of Fetlife but am not a member/ haven't browsed there. I certainly have more to look at!
 
Back
Top