Anyone You Can Be, I Can Be Better ~Closed for Momadness~

Kat

What Lakeen had said was true. She had basically threw her family under the bus or whatever the expression was. But they had done the same thing to her, especially her sister. Tears fell down her cheeks as a pair of Lakeens underwear was shoved into her mouth.

She could plead guilty and get out of here. No matter who she was, they’d all been right, she was at the scene of the crime not Maddie.

“Mmmphh mmphhh mmishtreshh..” (I’m sorry mistress) she whimpered from behind the pair of underwear in her mouth, more tears forming because of not only having finally lost her family but because she was bruised and bleeding.

Madeline

Trent kept staring at her oddly and it was making Maddie uneasy. He was usually incredibly perceptive so she was trying not to be herself but it was hard because she loved her nieces and nephews terribly.

As Maddie she always wanted kids but she had to remind herself that she wasn’t Maddie. Kat didn’t want kids and yet, when the prayer hit instinctively she said,”Amen...” and once again got that confused look from her older brother and a pinch on her thigh from Tyler,”in honor of Maddie of course.”

Her dad grunted at the sound of Maddie’s name which only made her heart hurt. She wasn’t Maddie. She kept repeating silently to herself.

As the Turkey was passed around, her mom finally spoke up. “Kat are you okay? I thought you loved deep fried turkey. You said it’s the part of the year you’re willing to go off your no fried food diet.”

Tyler snorted and she pasted a smile on her face. She forgot Kat loved fried turkey. “Thanks mom, it smells delicious.” Her stomach churned because Maddie stayed as far away from fried foods as she could. She began fixing her plate trying to grab everything her bottomless pit sister ate during the holidays.

“Trent have you started dating yet?” She said trying to take the attention off her.”Maybe Tyler can hook you up with someone.”
 
Kat

Her eyes widened. She’d never forgotten that one chick who she first met when she got there threatening to overthrow Lakeen. She would probably be the first girl to try and buy her if not others. Fear shot through her as Lakeen laid on her bed seemingly calm about everything.

OF COURSE she was calm. At least she knew whatever she did was wrong (Kat has never asked what she’d done but wouldn’t have been surprised if it was murder or something.) but Kat had been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

“P-please mistress, don’t rent me I didn’t mean to offend you or upset you.” If someone borrowed her she wasn’t sure what they’d do to her. At least with Lakeen she knew what she was in for. At the look she got from her mistress she shrunk back,”of course it would be your decision if you wanted to rent me but it was all a mistake, a misunderstanding. My body only wishes to submit to you.”

Maddie

They were selling the house? The place she’d grown up in. Her and her twin, her big brother. She felt the urge to blurt everything out and how it’d all been a mistake and that her sister had been somewhere she shouldn’t have been because she chose the wrong night to play twin switch.

She gripped Tyler’s hand firmly because it took all her strength not to just blurt out what happened. If she did though what would happen? Would they convict her even though she wasn’t at the scene of the crime or just let Kat go? Would her former friends get convicted instead?

“It’s the only thing we can do. “ her mom said

“But mom isn’t there another ...”

“No, KitKat there isn’t.” Her dad said using her sisters family nickname. “The nerve she even insinuated you were......” her dad glanced at the three kids at the table who were actively listening,”selling yourself...”

“To do what grandpa, I’d make auntie kat do my chores!” Curtis said

“That’s ridiculous why would I do something like that.” Maddie said ignoring Curtis.

“Because that’s what I’m paying you for, duh.” Curtis said as he flung more mashed potatoes at his brother causing Maddie to roll her eyes.
 
Back
Top