Editor needed. BDSM Stories.

Madijo

Virgin
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Posts
1
Hello everybody,
I really need an editor for a submission I've already posted. It has come to my attention (via comments) that I have a few mistakes that need to be addressed. I'm also working on the next chapter to the series and would need an editor for that as well. Just a second set of eyes, you know?
The Night it All Began (my series) is mainly BDSM oriented with a small amount of reluctance. My Main character is confused about the feelings she has for a Dominant man who wants to introduce her to the lifestyle.
An editor who is in for the long haul would be preferable, but any help would be appreciated. Please contact me.

email[personal info prohibited per our forum guidelines]



-Madijo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Madijo,

I read your story, and you write beautifully by the way, but I also read the comments you spoke of, left by your reader. In total, I counted 6 grammar or spelling “items”. Most Authors who submit stories here are amateur writers, and they do it for the experience of sharing their personal thoughts, fantasies, whatever. This is only your second story posted on Lit, and in my humble opinion, you’ll most likely improve as you submit more stories, as most Authors do. Even if you don’t, your writing is better than 95% of stories that I read every day, and your mistakes are minor, three of the items I mention could lead to a lively debate among wordoholics, but just aren’t worth the effort of ‘fixing’. The other three, would probably have been caught by a second set of eyes, or as you suggest, an editor.

What I’m trying to say is, you’ve been struck by the self-appointed grammar police that revel in jumping down any author’s throat that lets a mistake (or three) slip by. My advice is, ‘don’t sweat the little stuff’. That comment was hardly constructive criticism as he demanded ‘you don't know the difference between your and you're. Learn it before the next chapter’. Wow, or else he’ll take away your birthday? If you feel you really need an editor, I’d be glad to ‘be in it for the long haul’ with you. Please read my limitations on BDSM on my editor page here:

http://www.literotica.com:81/editors/editorpage.php?uid=1517473

If you feel we’re compatible, please send me an e-mail, and I’ll give some refs., and we can move forward. BUT… in my opinion, you write very well, and an editor is optional.

Cheers!
Josie

:cattail:
 
Good writing and story (The Night It All Began). I'm not sure you need an editor either. The main thing I noticed is punctuation issues, particularly with dialogue tags, but your writing is so good that the punctuation issues didn't stop me from reading. You could study punctuation usage or find an editor who edits for mechanics. Let us know when your next story is published.

Good luck!
 
Back
Top