Federal Homecoming (closed)

A few hours later a call came in to Jaxon from Rosen.

Well she was awake. Fought like a wildcat to get out of the hospital and nearly gave the doc a black eye before Delores caught her with a shot that has her "more manageable" so you wanna see her come on by.
 
"Why does it not surprise me that she is fighting like that? I will be over in a little bit."

He ejected the thumb drive, then removed it from his computer before placing it in his pocket.

Once he was back at the hospital, he stopped at the doorway before going into Loren's room. "Can everyone give me a moment alone with her, please?"

Waiting until everyone left the room, Jaxon entered and closed the glass sliding door behind him. He walked over to the side of Loren's bed and placed his hand on hers.

"I am so sorry that my stubborness has ever caused you any harm. I am sorry for ever doing anything to hurt you in any way Loren."

He squeezed her hand.

"I love you."
 
While still conscious Loren was loopy to say the least.

Prove it...

She giggled.

Go pop Delores one for making me stay here. Holt told me our little tech found some claws talking to you today. She said "I hope I didn't scare him going from being the calm or fearful one to momma bear but no one else was gonna say it"

She giggled again and smiled at him.

Delores pulled a mean trick she said the Dr said I had to stay and to talk to him sneaky bitch.
 
"I will make sure Delores knows how you feel about her. I will also thank her for getting you to calm down, even if it meant she had to do it chemically."

Jaxon smiled at Loren and squeezed her hand.

"Your little tecchie has a mean side. I was afraid I was going to have to restrain her when she came at me. Of course, it was all about you. She really cares for you."

He stood beside the bed smiling at her; squeezing her hand tighter. He wanted to hold onto her forever, but deep down, he knew he wouldn't be able to keep her here.
 
She's not mean.

She giggled a little more before trying to turn serious.

Why did you lie to me back then? Why did you act like an asshole now? And how do you really feel about seeing what I do... Answer me Jaxon.
 
"Loren, I never lied to you. I have always wanted what was best for you. I did not tell you to stay, because you needed to go. It was what you wanted. There was no way that I would ever keep you from doing something that you wanted to do."

He watched her eyes while still holding her hand.

"As far as now. I didn't think I was acting like an asshole. I did exactly what you would have done; I stood my ground. This is my town still, and just like you would have done if someone else came into your territory, I stood my ground. I didn't do it to hurt you."

Jaxon pondered the final part of her question.

"It scares me Loren. Seeing what you put yourself through physically, mentally and emotionally makes me afraid for you and your safety. I worry about what might happen to you physically and what the long term ramifications are for you socially and emotionally."
 
Hunting monsters and able to get into their heads so we'll I become one? As for standing my ground... Someone of a higher office and structure... Might get a little resentment but full cooperation in a case especially if one of my own might be involved.

She shook her head

Damn Delores what the heck did she hit me with. I hate feeling this looped.
 
Jaxon remained silent. He did not want to upset her anymore than she already was. He did smile to himself a little though, because of what Delores had done it meant that Loren was going nowhere quick and he would have an opportunity to talk to her some more; especially as she became more coherent.

He did not remove his hand from hers, and up to this point she had not pulled back from him..... yet.
 
She stared at him somewhat trying to stay focused.

We can be leaving in soon we have our guy and no more feds around to piss you off.
 
"Please stop. I apologized. I was wrong. I don't know how else to say it."

He removed his hand and left the room. Figuring that he had done irreparable harm to their relationship, Jaxon headed to the waiting room and got a drink from the vending machine.
 
She doesn't know who to be here.

Grey spoke up and motioned for him to join them.

She is here as a Fed but this is home... But...

Lonnie's voice broke through.

It sure as hell hadn't felt like it to her I would wager.
 
"I told her I was sorry for how I acted when she got here. I don't know what else to do. Perhaps I should just leave her alone. Maybe I am trying too hard."

He looked at Lonnie with a death stare.
 
Apologies are fine boy

Lonnie started before their computer tech came running over.

Rosen was sitting with his friend and I was bringing him a cup of coffee and I think he said something to Rosen about her he wants her in there now but Delores said no to me so...

Lonnie took off to talk to the most stubborn woman he had ever had the misfortune of calling his nurse.
 
Jaxon sat and watched Lonnie take off. He smiled knowing that Delores would never give in.

He turned and looked at Grey. "I just want her to be okay; physically and emotionally. I am worried about her. She is so into her job that sometimes she gets in too deep."
 
I see... You are afraid of losing the Loren you know and love because of her being a deep cover operative solo at times and possibly because of just the people we go after. That is part of the reason I am a part of the team and keep a close eye on our undercover team mates. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. I know she never expected to come home to find what she did with the chief... Or you.

He sat there very relaxed and calm
 
"I know the work she does. It concerns me what she puts herself through. She gets so mentally and emotionally caught up in what she does that she takes unnecessary risks. That is what happened to her here and why she is in the hospital. If we didn't catch a break with the guy seeing the van, she might be dead."

He got up and walked back to her room. Walking up to the side of her bed, "If I get you out of here, can we go somewhere and talk? Just the two of us?"
 
Rosen said Bill...

Delores had hit her again with something. This time she was fighting sleep in her looped state. Delores had caught her a few times now trying to rip out iv's and remove monitoring devicesand was in all honesty doing it for her own good but Loren had never been one for hospitals.

Gotta talk to chief
 
Jaxon picked Loren up and placed her in a wheelchair. Delores was not happy about it, but she knew Jaxon was more stubborn than she was.

He wheeled Loren to the Chief's bed side and locked the wheels in place.
 
She stared at him and with the meds she was on there was no filter to her words.

This is not how my homecoming was suppose to be you stubborn sonofabitch. You and Harriet we're supposed to take her sons little boy fishing on Slater's Creek and our old dinners at the old jazz club. Not like this...
 
Jaxon stood behind Loren. He placed his hand on her shoulder as she talked to the Chief.

As she berated the Chief, it seemed as if a small smile came across his lips. It was as if the Chief could hear her and was thinking that it was the same old Loren.

Jaxon leaned down and whispered to Loren, "See, you have an effect on people even when they are in a coma."
 
I know Lonnie has told you how Jaxon reacted to our presence and I know Rosen and some of my team has been in here now you both better survive this.

She just stared at them for a long moment after that

Let's go... Tired
 
Jaxon walked over to the Chief, put his hand on the Chiefs. "What she said."

He, then, wheeled Loren out of the room. Instead of heading back to Loren's room, Jaxon made his way to the elevator. When he saw her quizzical look, "We can go back to your hospital room if you want."
 
Where do you have in mind

She sighed looking around
 
"I thought we would get out of here and talk...... alone. However, if you would rather not, I will just take you back to your room. I think we need to clear the air."

The elevator doors opened and he paused, then wheeled her onto the elevator without awaiting her response.
 
Then let's talk. I can send them out to the diner or wherever. The Local federal judge in Biloxi? Or wherever will want my report audio recorded since I am in a hospital so the team can transcribe it but who know how long it will take for that to get here.

She really hated how she was feeling. She had never been one to like hospitals and this was part of the reason.
 
Back
Top