Quote of the Day!

Thanks Yeishia!
And I have no idea, I thought it was funny when I saw it :) I've got heaps of those little sticker quotes...I have a whole folder of them I'd completely forgotten was there!
I put them in my photobucket so I'll happily add more to your wonderful thread and give people a giggle! :eek:
 
This is a set of Bible verses that have really touched me. And it's something I thought I would share.

1 Corinthians 13 (New International Version)
Love


1) If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2) If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3) If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4) Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5) It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7) It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9) For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10) but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11) When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12) Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
Here is a series of promises that actually speak of True Friendship and go out to all my lit friends.


1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!

2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.

5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused, I will use little words.

7. When you are sick, Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have...

8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off-- After I laugh my rear off!!

9. This is my oath... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;

-- because you are my FRIEND!

***********************
Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it, but only YOU can feel the true warmth.
 
A clear conscience, is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Chocolate is the answer, who cares what the question is.

A smile is a curve that sets alot of things straight.
 
For my Lit family! A collection I HAD to add today! I have wayyy too many of these so I'm just giving a few... :D

145692.png


143281.jpg


124795.jpg


151272.jpg


159432.jpg


159598.jpg


162230.gif


176915.gif
 
b-self-150x150.jpg


I have always a sacred veneration for anyone I observe to be a little out of repair in his person, as supposing him either a poet or a philosopher. --Jonathan Swift

Let the path be open to talent. --Napoleon Bonaparte

God, give me the strength to change the things that can be changed, the strength to change the things that probably can't be changed, and the strength to change that which can't possibly be changed. Hey, if You can't work miracles, what the hell good are You?
 
Last edited:

Quotes of the Day !
(Yesterday really I am behind :eek:)


~ Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St Vincent Millay


~ How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year! What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen! What old December's bareness everywhere!

~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XCVII"



~ If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~
Claudia Ghandi




~ Within you I lose myself...Without you I find myself...Wanting to be lost again.
~ Author Unknown



~ No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~​
Robert Southey.



~ Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ~
Tryon Edwards




~
 
"If you leave your mind sufficiently open,
people will throw a lot of rubbish into it."


-William T. Orton
 
Boldness is like a condom. If you depend on it all the time, no matter how good it is, and no matter how good you are, eventually it will break.
 
Adding more sticker quotes to brighten the place up! Hope you all enjoy them!​

128191.png
 
Love the quotes thank you

I do have a tip...... try putting your quotes into google; nine out of 10 times you will find out who's said it. It is nice to know where the quotes come from:eek:

If they are your own quotes then add your name at the end

If not write unknown.

I may steal one of those quotes and need to contribute it to someone if I can especially important if its another writer:D
 
"Will ninja for food" A sign held by a "homeless ninja" in a skit for AZN's Asia Street Comedy
 
"What's sad is that I'm almost 17 years old and phallic shaped vegetables still make me giggle!"

~ My lovely baby sister Tabitha said that this afternoon while holding a cucumber and laughing. I just had to share! LMFAO and you guys think I'm bad?! ~
 
I like when a guy makes me feel like a woman and a little girl at the same time.
Tara Reid

I know. I was surprised Tara Reid made sense as well lol
 
"Girls look me up and down and have nothing to say, it's funny how the words come when I walk away!"

~ I tried typing it into google but it amazes me how many use this quote, finding out who wrote it is not as easy as I'd hoped...Unknown ~​
 
Last edited:
If the Journey is Easy, the Destination is Worthless.
-Saint Sabbat

And another;

If our country is worth dying for during times of war, let us ensure that it is worth living for in times of peace.
-John Adams
 
"Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” - Mahatma Gandhi

"The truth may hurt for a little while but a lie hurts forever.”


“May you - Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no-one is watching, screw like it's being filmed, and drink like a true Irishman”

~Random Cowgirl/Cowboy Quotes~

-Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction

-Don't squat with your spurs on

-There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.

-Never kick a cow chip on a hot day

-Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco

-Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy

-Cowboy when I'm good I'm good. When I'm bad I'm even better.

-There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

-If you're riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

-I'm a angle in Justin boots and a devil in blue jeans. I'm every cowgirls nightmare and every cowboys dream.

-You know u have the keys to a cowboy's heart when u got the keys to his truck

-It isnt just cowboys...anyone can find an excuse to sound or act stupid

-Other States were carved or born. TEXAS grew from HIDE and HORN!!!

-We got it, Cowboys want it, We know it~ COWGIRLS RULE!!!


-Cowgirl Motto: Party til he's cute!

-It's simple if you can rope me you can have me

-It's all very simple, keep your mind in the middle while your butt spins round and round.


-Ride the bull, or ride me... Take your choice.


-Boots, chaps and cowboy hats... nothin' else matters

-Winning isn't everything...hold my belt buckle while I ride your girlfriend.

-Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

-Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce

-A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse

-Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town

-A bronc rider should be light in the head and heavy in the seat

-When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin'

-Head Tosser - A blonde-haired woman who wears fashion boots while working in the barn
 
Last edited:
Quotes of the Day!




~ All my soul follows you, love encircles you and I live in being yours. ~
Robert Browning

~ The very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly to Your service; there resides, To make me slave to it; and for Your sake... ~ William Shakespeare

~ The heart is the temple wherein all truth resides. ~ Kahlil Gibran







...
 
"Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile and you use it only for me..."

~ Secret Smile, Semisonic (I love this song but this line is my all time favourite) ~​
 


Quote of the Day!




~ Tell me what a man finds sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy of life. Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of himself..... The man who is proudly certain of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer--because only the possession of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement, not the possession of a brainless slut. ~
Ayn Rand​





....
 
Yeishia. That was a wonderful Quote.

Simply Wonderful.


And I need to give one myself I think;

In war, best know what enemies are around you in your own camp, before you step out to face the foe and wonder why you do so alone. -Warmaster Slaydo
 
Back
Top