Best son mother rape story

I would have a problem dating someone like that. Not to say that it would be a dealbreaker, but it DOES a certain inflexibility and unwillingness to try new things that could cause problems down the road.

I know. I don't know if it's a dealbreaker. I intend to quietly engage him in conversation about cooking for him and figure out if this is something I could live with. It's not like I'm thinking long-term potential, but he's a pretty cool guy and I could see myself hanging with him. But I can only cook so many steaks and potatoes. I don't know that I could date a man who didn't want to try my carnitas or soon dubu.

I would never consider a vegetarian picky. I think of picky as someone who has aversions to entire categories of cuisine because they seem "strange" or "scary." Way different.

Whats different between one person who has an aversion to a category of cuisine, vs a person who has an aversion to no less than three entire food groups?

Nothing. They are both a persons right, and are both weird depending on if you're a kiss ass or not.

Whats different between one person who has an aversion to a category of cuisine, vs a person who has an aversion to no less than three entire food groups?

Nothing. They are both a persons right, and are both weird depending on if you're a kiss ass or not.

Betty, you need to comprehend the fact Sinny has you on ignore for being... You.

I understand you feel that way.
I have personal reasons for not eating meat...I would never try to push that on anyone else, nor do I judge anyone who doesn't believe the way I do....to each his/her own, and everyone has their own personal convictions they deal with.

TMWFM isn't a veggie, nor are the other guy friends I hang out with. Matter of fact, I have no friends who are veggies.

I do have some people in my life who feel compelled to "cure" me.

But no. It's not about being picky. For me, it's a conviction I feel strongly about.

Variety is the spice of life...

Last edited:
No. They usually have a reason for that diet; they're not just being picky.

That's pretty hypocritical, and judgemental.

The point I am trying to make is that neither of you would say anything negative about a vegetarian oe vegan now because we have one in our midst that is one, and is one of the collective.

It's this genuflecting and which way is the wind blowing camaraderie here that just fucking grosses me out.

Are you all that lonely, that you need to compromise your integrity to have internet friends for 6 months, only to see them go away?

Heck yeah, Carnitas..love it..mexican food..mmmmm I miss eating REAL food being stuck here..do you use corn or flour tortillas?fresh grounded jalapenos with some garlic, lime juice, sea salt, and parsley..*(or the other green parsley-like) can't remember the name...crush up together in a blender it makes a great salsa.

What is soon dubu..and manners are important. My mother once told me a man isn't a man if he has no manners and would disgrace his own mother if he didn't open doors for ladies and never use profanity in public...:D

Cilantro. You're welcome.

Good, chica. Having a relaxing day. My only commitments both disappeared today. You?

I am doing great.... getting out for a couple hours did wonders for me!
Son is still sleeping (teenagers!) and I am contemplaiting making some roasted broccoli and potatoes with garlic and mushrooms for lunch :) YUM! Course I'll have to make a nice sauce to drizzle over it.

That's pretty hypocritical, and judgemental.

The point I am trying to make is that neither of you would say anything negative about a vegetarian oe vegan now because we have one in our midst that is one, and is one of the collective.

It's this genuflecting and which way is the wind blowing camaraderie here that just fucking grosses me out.

Are you all that lonely, that you need to compromise your integrity to have internet friends for 6 months, only to see them go away?

LOL. I'm lonely and lack integrity because I see vegeterianism as a health/moral choice, and picky eaters as being...well...picky and lacking an adventurous spirit? Yeah, ok.

Luke- Cilantro...yes...slip my mind.. Love that thing.. I could eat it alone...

Thanks again.. try that recipe...its awesome...(did we successfully hijack this thread, ya'll?)

Ever try cooking your rice with chopped up cilantro and lime juice? FABULOUS!

I am doing great.... getting out for a couple hours did wonders for me!
Son is still sleeping (teenagers!) and I am contemplaiting making some roasted broccoli and potatoes with garlic and mushrooms for lunch :) YUM! Course I'll have to make a nice sauce to drizzle over it.

Sounds good. I love broccoli.

Oh, for you:

Cut a bunch of brussels sprouts in half. Toss in olive oil with red pepper flakes and sea salt. Roast in oven at 400 or so until they start to brown and caramelize.

gee lets play nice shall we?

Vegan, meat eaters...does it really worth insulting someone?

I didn't insult anyone....

Oh, for you:

Cut a bunch of brussels sprouts in half. Toss in olive oil with red pepper flakes and sea salt. Roast in oven at 400 or so until they start to brown and caramelize.

DUDE I do that! I LOVE them! MMmmmm...even my son eats brussels sprouts when I make them that way. Course, due to my severe garlic addiction, it's olive oil that has had garlic sauteed in it :D

Heck yeah, Carnitas..love it..mexican food..mmmmm I miss eating REAL food being stuck here..do you use corn or flour tortillas?fresh grounded jalapenos with some garlic, lime juice, sea salt, and parsley..*(or the other green parsley-like) can't remember the name...crush up together in a blender it makes a great salsa.

What is soon dubu..and manners are important. My mother once told me a man isn't a man if he has no manners and would disgrace his own mother if he didn't open doors for ladies and never use profanity in public...:D

Cilantro! Yes, I make my carnitas the authentic way... with leaf lard... slow simmered pork shoulder with the addition of a bouquet garni of whole spices; and citrus rinds, zest and juices. Then I make corn tortillas from masa (so easy), and finish them with cotija, diced onions and tomatoes, jalapenos that I brine in soy and vinegar, and a sprinkle of cotija and CILANTRO. Carnitas is a wonderful winter meal. I also make a healthy crock pot version that is far healthier using lean meat. It's good, too.

Soon dubu is a Korean tofu soup. Google it. It's delicious and I love it.

And well-mannered men are my kryptonite!

Cilantro. You're welcome.

This! :kiss: Hiya, buttercup!

LOL. I'm lonely and lack integrity because I see vegeterianism as a health/moral choice, and picky eaters as being...well...picky and lacking an adventurous spirit? Yeah, ok.

This! I believe the same way: it's a mindset. Just because you cancel red meat or all meat out of your diet doesn't mean you're picky or unwilling to be adventurous. It's someone who absolutely refuses to try new foods based on the fear that they're strangely named or they "seem weird" that concerns me. I think it belies a deeper pathology of something ... odd. An inflexibility that I'm worried about.

Oh, for you:

NOM! I love this recipe. I do the exact same thing with cauliflower, but add just a little bit of cumin and lemon zest.

This! :kiss: Hiya, buttercup!

This! I believe the same way: it's a mindset. Just because you cancel red meat or all meat out of your diet doesn't mean you're picky or unwilling to be adventurous. It's someone who absolutely refuses to try new foods based on the fear that they're strangely named or they "seem weird" that concerns me. I think it belies a deeper pathology of something ... odd. An inflexibility that I'm worried about.

NOM! I love this recipe. I do the exact same thing with cauliflower, but add just a little bit of cumin and lemon zest.

Exactly! Which may or not be so, which is why I said it might not be a dealbreaker. I dated a guy with Crohn's once, and there were lots of things he couldn't eat. I didn't have a problem with that, certainly.

The title: "I gave mommy the salami"

I lol'd but it's so sick!

Exactly! Which may or not be so, which is why I said it might not be a dealbreaker. I dated a guy with Crohn's once, and there were lots of things he couldn't eat. I didn't have a problem with that, certainly.

Yep...
Would the same apply to someone who only eats fish on Fridays for religious reasons?

My son has Diabetes....so his severe sugar limitations also?

My girlfriend with Celiac - her too?

My buddy at work who's Muslim - only eats halal prepared meat - him too?

I lol'd but it's so sick!

Yep...
Would the same apply to someone who only eats fish on Fridays for religious reasons?

My son has Diabetes....so his severe sugar limitations also?

My girlfriend with Celiac - her too?

My buddy at work who's Muslim - only eats halal prepared meat - him too?

Precisely my point. Having dietary restrictions isn't the same as just turning your nose up at something you've never tried before. IMHO. ;)

Back