Obfuscating teen sensuality

ArdentHemingway

Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Posts
180
I'm working on a story. The main characters are a married couple in their 40s, but they used to be teens. If they talk about how they met and first fell in love, there needs to be some level of sensuality, but it needs to stay well clear of sexuality, yes? (At least for publication.)
So far, I have the guy reminiscing about their first kiss -- one quick kiss, no making out -- when they were sixteen. OK?
Now I want him to be thinking about a year later -- when they were seventeen. Saying that he "copped a feel" or "felt her up" I fear would be too graphic. Is invoking "second base" a safe (publishable) option? I think it's vague enough.
 
If you were specific in describing her breasts and what he did with them, the story would be bounced. I think that simply referring to it as "second base" would be OK, but Laurel has the final word on that.
 
If you feel strongly about your story, you can submit it and see what happens. If it gets rejected you might try modifying it.

I've changed a couple of stories by bumping up character ages to get past the restrictions (even though these were role-plays). There's one story I can't change so I'm not going to submit it here.
 
In my Naughty Pines Cabin stories (bros/sis incest so be forewarned), Part One has a flashback to showing her brother her breasts and Part Two talks about the main character's sexual development in general. The second I had to edit because some descriptions were too specific about her age (and looking at porn) but overall I just wrote it as if everything sexual happened when she was over eighteen without specifying it anywhere but in the beginning. If the reader wants to imagine otherwise, they can, but I don't do anything to encourage it.
 
Last edited:
The general rule is that you can report but not describe. A wild child gave birth at 15 but don't say how she got there. The family was casually naked at home since before the kids reached puberty, or Bro saw budding Sis undressed, but don't describe their naked forms. Kids give their parents time for 'resting' but don't say what that entails.
 
Just be vague....we met at sixteen, we made out...

I'm pretty sure you can say things like "We were sixteen the first time we had sex" as a reference, but no detail.
 
Naughty Pines is such a great name.


In my Naughty Pines Cabin stories (bros/sis incest so be forewarned), Part One has a flashback to showing her brother her breasts and Part Two talks about the main character's sexual development in general. The second I had to edit because some descriptions were too specific about her age (and looking at porn) but overall I just wrote it as if everything sexual happened when she was over eighteen without specifying it anywhere but in the beginning. If the reader wants to imagine otherwise, they can, but I don't do anything to encourage it.
 
Naughty Pines is such a great name.
Thanks! The beginning of the story explains how it's really "Knotty Pines Cabin", but the main character misspells it when she makes a sign for it as a kid- which is taken from real life when I was younger. How much the rest is based on my life Ill let the reader decide ;)
 
..............
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Obfuscating teen pregnancy

A wild child gave birth at 15 but don't say how she got there

Indeed. The story concerns a number of high school girls and boys on a summer job. I might have the boss reviewing payroll, notice that one of the girls has had no unscheduled days off, and conclude that she hasn't had her period. He'll then ask the lead girl to have a word with her to ensure that everything is OK. Mostly to show that the boss feels a parental concern for his employees.
 
Yes, but Knotty Pines would get a bigger laugh once it was deciphered in context.

"Laughs are cheap, man. I'm going for gasps. Gasps are where it's at." ~Mac
Maybe, but there are a lot of places called Knotty Pines. I suppose I wanted to be cheeky.
 
Last edited:
In one of my stories, I originally intended to send the main characters to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Balls

sballssign.jpg
 
Let us not forget the Cumon Inn and Howerly Motel.

ObTopic: Vagueness goes far.
 
Back
Top