A Place Of Ones Own (closed)

"Almost a month ago. Too damned long if you ask me," he growled against her ear before shedding his tunic. He was all business, no more games or teasing. He knew what he wanted. He turned Annie round, letting her brace herself against the tree while he unbuttoned his trousers and pressed his stiff cock confidently and deeply into her core from behind. He started with an even pace, taking his time to build up to the kind of ride she really wanted.
 
Annie grinned as he spun her around, his voice dark and growling as he took complete control over the situation. She was spun around, her hands bracing against the tree as he suddenly thrust into her from behind.

"David!" She cried out, her eyes closing as he started with a slow, even pace that they both knew would soon explode into an all out race. "I love you so..."
 
His hands explored while they could, finding her familiar curves and skimming over her breasts. One lingered, massaging the tender globe and giving her nipple just a little pinch for fun. It was only when he really began to pick up the pace that he braced her hips in his sure hands, driving into her like a ram before long.
 
Annie let out a hot moan as he palmed her breast, picking the pink nipple until she squealed for him. When his hands settled against her hips, she knew that he meant business. The slapping of their hips together was loud in the quiet crop of trees, lewd and certainly made Annie incredibly needy. David had taught her that it was alright to be sexual and adventurous and that he would always love her no matter what. She had always known that she was meant to be his wife, even when her Da tried so hard to keep them apart. The day that he had finally given in was one of the greatest of Annie's life.
 
Once David got a rhythm, he never stopped. That applied to his work, the horses, and Annie in all respects. But he always liked to surprise her amid that rhythm, such as when he reached a hand down toward her thighs and his fingers found her little bud and massaged it quickly in time with his thrusts and demanding her release. He never lasted long with a pace like this and he was intent to make sure she didn't either.
 
Annie's nails racked against the tree as David's fingers found their way to her pulsing nub. She let out a cry, bucking back against him as he drove into her over and over again. When she came, her cry echoed across the loch and her knees went weak, threatening to send her crumbling to the ground.
 
David's sure and strong arms held Annie up as her knees grew weak and he drew her up tight against his chest just before his seed flooded her belly once again with a moan of relief and sated pleasure. He couldn't pass up the chance to give her a little tease, though, murmuring, "A Ghis getting weak at the knees, huh? Must be a first."
 
"It's the Monaghan side that's weak at the knees." Annie whimpered as he held her tightly against his chest, teasing her with a moan of relief. "God, David...you make me feel like an untried maiden each time you do this to me."
 
"Good. Let's hope that never changes." David kissed at her shoulders before settling into the grass with her, content to bask in the afterglow of their love for a while. "I'll give you one thing... you know how to make a man feel like a king." He smiled down at her and stole a kiss from her lips.
 
"As hard as we had to fight to be together, it's my mission to show you how much you mean to me every single day." Annie said softly as she looked into her husband's eyes. "I would fight just as hard for you today if I had to."
 
"You'll never have to fight to keep me, Ann. I know where I belong." David closed his eyes with a happy sigh. "This was a fantastic idea, coming to Inverlochly. Probably the best ides you've had since marrying me."
 
"You know, you're the only one that has ever called me Ann." She said with a smile as he let out a happy sigh. "My Ma called me Marianne from time to time when I was in trouble, but it's always been Annie to everyone else. It makes me feel special to hear you say it."
 
"Is it still special when I tell you I'm just too lazy to pronounce the whole thing?" He teased, but his smile told her he understood it was special. He'd called her Ann from the moment they'd met, and it had actually been a source of teasing back before they got along and he was still a scoundrel.
 
"I don't think you're lazy. I think you want to be contrite." Annie said with a smile as she leaned in and kissed her husband gently. "You know you're my best friend. I don't think I would have made it as far as I have without you...even if I did hate your guts in the beginning."
 
"You only hated how cocky I was, but you know you wanted me," he smirked. "That's how it was for most girls. Especially Jeanie Cormac. Except she still hated me after I charmed her."
 
"I hated the way that you made me feel." Annie admitted softly, looking at him with complete honesty in her gaze. "I never thought that you would want a girl like me. I had a crush on you when I was younger, but you would never give me the time of day."
 
"That's because girls were gross back then. Once I got interested, most girls didn't seem to like me much." He drew her in closer for a kiss. "I always thought you were pretty. A lot of my friends told me not to bother. That I could never get the princess, that her Da would rip me apart."
 
"Da did want to rip you apart. I don't know how Ma kept him from coming to the lumber camps after you." Annie said as he pressed a kiss against her lips. "I've never seen him as angry as he was the night that I told him I wanted to marry you."
 
"She didn't keep him away. I hid across town so he wouldn't find me. And I got the scare of my life after you told him about us. I've never had an axe come that close to my face," David chuckled. He made light of it now, but it was incredibly terrifying and very real when he was facing down the King of Inverness known across the isles as the greatest fighter in the north.
 
"He was worried you would hurt me." Annie said softly as he talked about being threatened by her father in the early days of their relationship. "He sees now that we were meant to be together. He loves you like his own son."
 
"Considering my past, I don't blame him for being so doubtful. I was doubtful sometimes. I wasn't sure if I could be committed to a marriage. But I wanted to give you my best. I hope I'm at least doing a tolerable job." He smiled and let his forehead rest against her own. "I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't married you... Well... Probably in Greece, sailing as a pirate for my mother, now that I think about it."
 
"Do you still think that being married is hard?" She asked him softly, looking into his gaze as he pressed his forehead against her own. "I was afraid the morning of our wedding that I would wake up and hear that you had run for the highlands."
 
"It's one of the hardest things I've ever done. Not because it's difficult to love you, but because sometimes that love makes everything else difficult. Going to Greece was the biggest challenge because I had to find Ma but it hurt so much to take you away from home. It was even more difficult to choose you over her when I thought I'd have to join her to ever be able to see her. That was before she decided to stay and before I even dreamt of being able to have both of you in my life. Now that I've got you both... I still think I was right to choose you. Ma's amazing, but... There was nothing she could teach me, no real future for me except as a pirate, and I'm not that sort of man. I chose you most of all because I knew I needed your love most. I couldn't give you up after all the fighting and proving and changing I did to be allowed to be with you."
 
"I would have let you go without question if that was what you really wanted. You know that I would support you in whatever you wanted to do." Annie said softly. "We love each other enough that we would have made it work."
 
"Well I must be possessive then, because I never would've let you go if you were in the same situation. I would've probably given up what you couldn't. I don't know if that's good or bad, but..." He shrugged slightly.
 
Back
Top