Would you pay for reading novels about China translated by Chinese translators?

gxnn

Really Really Experienced
My friend works with a technology company based in China, which is providing some translated novels written by Chinese web writers on the current everyday life (a poor girl falls in love with a man who is a CEO or second generation of rich people who is very clever but fucks here and there with this or that pretty girl or craps like that) or ancient warrior story (some people fight for treasures or women or revenge or high-class boxing secret or shits like that).

The translation is done mostly by Chinese translators who believe themselves good enough to use English as a foreign language and the work is under supervision by some hired native speakers of English. My friend said there were many readers now, most of whom are from the Commonwealth countries. But I think he was lying and that all the comments left on their webpages might have been the work done by paid hands to falsify, Chinese people are very good at such tricks, I feel ashamed for them though I am one of the Chinese people, but that is true.

Do you think you will pay for reading the novels by becoming a member?

I am sure there would be some interesting curious people. If the stories are well written they may even come back. The market here is called romance novels and there are plenty to chose from. As a reader I would say I can imagine being in the story as Chinese woman can be beautiful but Chinese men, I can't have not met someone who makes me interested. Probably the same for other readers here.

If they were just translated books and sold alongside regular books sure I'd probably check it out, but i wouldn't join a pay site just to read them.

The novels or stories are the more or less copies of the pop novels or TV dramas of Hollywood or the ones of Japan or South Korea, trying to satisfy the fanstasy of a large number of youngsters who are lazy in study and work but seek luxurious lifestyle without taking pains. The books are known as "Negative Energy" in current Chinese language and the website owner expect he can make profits by offering such rubbish to the world.

I guess it is in connection with money laundering, people try to convince others that they have done a lot of work and spent a lot of money for such work but it turned out they are lying because they don't care there is readership or not. They make the paybill high but in fact they pay very little to either writers or translators. That is my reasonable guessing.

Back