Art for War's Sake

gxnn

Really Really Experienced
Over a year ago, when the military operation began between Russia and its close neighbor Ukraine, the sanction on Russia from the West was overwhelming, even a pet cat from a Russian household was not permitted to attend a European competition. Things of such insanity cropped up one after another.

But today in the conflict of Israel and Palestine, China still remains cool-headed and asks its people to be rational. You can see the report below from a portal site of China, the translation into English is done by me. So please tolerate any mistakes in it.

Schindler's List is besieged by negative reviews! The Chinese official media criticized them strongly, which can be said to hit the nail on the head

Adapted from the novel of the same name by Australian novelist Thomas Kenneli, "Schindler's List" has now received a large number of negative reviews on major China’s domestic platforms due to the changing situation between Palestine and Israel, with ratings plummeting.

Especially on Bilibili, the largest free streaming site in China, the rating was once down from 9.5 to 4.2.

The overnight reversal of word-of-mouth and the abundance of negative reviews are truly unexpected.

Many film professionals have also expressed their opinions.

Tan Fei expressed the helplessness, and Wang Hailin said, "Everyone's sympathy for the Jews was completely destroyed overnight by Israel, which accurately explains what it means to be 'You do not deserve to live if you start the guilt(As you make the bed, you must lie on it)'.

But is it innocent or not for this movie?

“Schindler's List” has been rated as one of the best works of the 20th century and one of the top 10 (China’s biggest literary and artistic review site) Douban rated works in China. It is also seen by many critics as a formal symbol of the maturity of popular entertainment film director Spielberg.

The production cost was only $23 million, but it ultimately grossed about $321 million at the box office and won seven awards including Best Picture at the 66th Academy Awards. It was also the first black and white film to win an Oscar for Best Picture after "Apartment Spring" (won in 1961).

It can be said that from any perspective, 'Schindler's List' is an extremely successful commercial film.

The film tells the story of Oscar Schindler, a German living in Poland, who hired some 1100 Jews to work in his factory during World War II, helping them escape the massacre.

For this movie, director Spielberg said in an interview with the media earlier this year, "I have never filmed a work like this before, and being able to face so directly the message that I believe the world needs to hear. The message it contains is even more important today than in 1993, because the anti-Semitic situation is much more severe today than when I was making this movie.”

But now, with regional issues and a reversal in reviews, a seemingly unrelated film, "Schindler's List", has been pushed to the forefront of the storm.

The Chinese official media also posted articles criticizing the rating decline and giving support to the film.

“In the face of this Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is difficult for us to judge by who is right and who is wrong. However, it is not advisable and irrational to vent our emotions and express our position by maliciously scoring art works. What we truly need to uphold is to put aside the tendency to follow the crowd and focus on the art of film itself, rather than making it a vent of political sentiment.

At this point, negative reviews only increases interest in the film.

But in the case of Russia, their sports men and women and the famous dance troupe which can perform the best four little swans in the world are not allowed into the global family.

If there is anything wrong in the military operation on Ukraine, it is the decision of Putin and his government and those innocent people who have no say in a dictatorship country and are unable to protect themselves sufficiently should not be made scapegoats and held accountable to clean the ass of their gov, and at the same time the rest of the world also suffer without the accessibility to these great people of arts and sports.

By the way, during the interview of Face the Nation of CBS, Antony Blinken acted like a robot and did not answer directly to the sharp question of the hostess about why America not advise and force Israel to stop the indiscriminate attack on Gaza Strip, which has killed and injured a large number of children and innocent people. If the West can point out their fingers to Palestatines and condemned them to be human animal, what species should they call themselves? AI Savage or smart killer robot?

If there is anything wrong in the military operation on Ukraine,
I'm going to ignore this, and give you a pass, since I don't think you meant it, the way it reads.
it is the decision of Putin and his government and those innocent people who have no say in a dictatorship country and are unable to protect themselves sufficiently should not be made scapegoats and held accountable to clean the ass of their gov,
If the people of Russia are not going to hold their leaders to account over the invasion and murders and rapes of an innocent Countries peoples, who is???
The same applies to you a citizen of China. I know I hold my government to accountability, people of Russia need to learn to do that same thing.

Over a year ago, when the military operation began between Russia and its close neighbor Ukraine, the sanction on Russia from the West was overwhelming, even a pet cat from a Russian household was not permitted to attend a European competition. Things of such insanity cropped up one after another.

But today in the conflict of Israel and Palestine, China still remains cool-headed and asks its people to be rational. You can see the report below from a portal site of China, the translation into English is done by me. So please tolerate any mistakes in it.

Schindler's List is besieged by negative reviews! The Chinese official media criticized them strongly, which can be said to hit the nail on the head

Adapted from the novel of the same name by Australian novelist Thomas Kenneli, "Schindler's List" has now received a large number of negative reviews on major China’s domestic platforms due to the changing situation between Palestine and Israel, with ratings plummeting.

Especially on Bilibili, the largest free streaming site in China, the rating was once down from 9.5 to 4.2.

The overnight reversal of word-of-mouth and the abundance of negative reviews are truly unexpected.

Many film professionals have also expressed their opinions.

Tan Fei expressed the helplessness, and Wang Hailin said, "Everyone's sympathy for the Jews was completely destroyed overnight by Israel, which accurately explains what it means to be 'You do not deserve to live if you start the guilt(As you make the bed, you must lie on it)'.

But is it innocent or not for this movie?

“Schindler's List” has been rated as one of the best works of the 20th century and one of the top 10 (China’s biggest literary and artistic review site) Douban rated works in China. It is also seen by many critics as a formal symbol of the maturity of popular entertainment film director Spielberg.

The production cost was only $23 million, but it ultimately grossed about $321 million at the box office and won seven awards including Best Picture at the 66th Academy Awards. It was also the first black and white film to win an Oscar for Best Picture after "Apartment Spring" (won in 1961).

It can be said that from any perspective, 'Schindler's List' is an extremely successful commercial film.

The film tells the story of Oscar Schindler, a German living in Poland, who hired some 1100 Jews to work in his factory during World War II, helping them escape the massacre.

For this movie, director Spielberg said in an interview with the media earlier this year, "I have never filmed a work like this before, and being able to face so directly the message that I believe the world needs to hear. The message it contains is even more important today than in 1993, because the anti-Semitic situation is much more severe today than when I was making this movie.”

But now, with regional issues and a reversal in reviews, a seemingly unrelated film, "Schindler's List", has been pushed to the forefront of the storm.

The Chinese official media also posted articles criticizing the rating decline and giving support to the film.

“In the face of this Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is difficult for us to judge by who is right and who is wrong. However, it is not advisable and irrational to vent our emotions and express our position by maliciously scoring art works. What we truly need to uphold is to put aside the tendency to follow the crowd and focus on the art of film itself, rather than making it a vent of political sentiment.
Ars belli causa.;)

I'm going to ignore this, and give you a pass, since I don't think you meant it, the way it reads.

If the people of Russia are not going to hold their leaders to account over the invasion and murders and rapes of an innocent Countries peoples, who is???
The same applies to you a citizen of China. I know I hold my government to accountability, people of Russia need to learn to do that same thing.
Following your logic, Mr. old Biden is muddled-headed and doesn't even know what to say on stage and in what direction to turn to and even falls two or three times in a row on the air stairs, then the voters of America should be taken to ICU to have their brains checked?
Ars belli causa.;)
Please use not Latin words for real communication because undereducated men like me do not know such noble language.

Let us come back to this arrogant race of Jews.
The representative of Israel asked the UN secretary to apologize for his words in sympathy of Palestinians and resign. How much membership fees does it pay to the UN to entitle it to speak such rude words to a reputed though incompetent world leader? Has it seek the approval of the five permanent members of UN Security Council? Doesn't it know that Mr. Guterras the Portuguese guy is backed by the US government, could he have had the right to sit in that chair otherwise?

Recently, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict has touched the nerves of countries around the world, and it is heartbreaking that innocent Palestinian women and children have been brutally killed under Israeli bombing. At a snack shop in Guangzhou, China an uncle is chatting with friends over a small drink about the latest hot news. Faced with the suffering of the Palestinian people in the war, this middle-aged uncle expressed his sympathy and deep emotions.

However, during their discussion, suddenly a Jewish student dressed as an Israeli man interrupted their conversation, pointing at Uncle Li, accusing him of violating their feelings and demanding an apology. Uncle Li asked unconvinced, "In my own country, I can't even express sympathy? I haven't insulted or threatened anyone, why apologize?" So the two sides fell into a heated argument.

It is regrettable that after receiving the alarm, the police rushed to the scene and took the two people away from the snack bar to the police station for mediation. Most people believe that this is a complete
misunderstanding, and as Chinese people, expressing their opinions on their own land should be respected and protected.

This incident has sparked strong dissatisfaction among domestic netizens. Are we unable to tolerate our patriotism in this country? Is it also wrong for us to feel sorry for the unfair treatment suffered by Palestine?下载.jpg

Following your logic, Mr. old Biden is muddled-headed and doesn't even know what to say on stage and in what direction to turn to and even falls two or three times in a row on the air stairs, then the voters of America should be taken to ICU to have their brains checked?
The above has nothing to do with the Ukraine war, or Putin and the Russian people. So to paraphrase, you got nothing, but Chinese propaganda which you are using to promote Russia. IN the meantime hundreds of millions of lives of innocent people have been ruined by the actions of one person. tens of thousand or perhaps even hundreds of thousands have lost their lives. All because of the action of one person, Putin. His people failing to hold him responsible is not something to brush aside, nor is your support.

Sleep well tonight you have blood of many upon your hands!!

Let me continue my daily or weekly practice of English writing.

"They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one

They got their pitchforks and proof

Their receipts and reasons

They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one"
End of quote

--in 2018, an American sweetheart so sang, which is still ringing true today
Her name rhymes with the author of Gulliver's Travels, a very great satiristen, whose "A Modest Proposal" should be recommended to Netanyahu and Joe Biden, along with this hit song.

360截图20231030101423651.jpg360截图20231030101443757.jpg

In 1926,Lu Xun (鲁迅), China's best writer ever, wrote an article to satirize the reactionary government at that time, which had massacred the peaceful student protesters right on the street.

"What a thrilling greatness it was when the three women calmly tossed and turned in the midst of the accumulation of bullets invented by civilized people! The great achievements of Chinese soldiers in killing women and infants, as well as the martial arts skills of the Eight-Nation Alliance(note: foreign invaders to the Qing Dynasty of China in 1900 composed of soldiers from 8 countries including the US, Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Czar Russia, Italy, Austro-Hungary) in punishing and creating students, were unfortunately all erased by these few bloodstains."

Today we can substitute "Gaza kids and women" for "the three women", "bullets" for "missiles", "Eight-Nation Alliance" for "Israel backed by the US".

Back