The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we first got her I thought, this is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
She was one of my sister's dogs. She had too many though so she was trying to thin out her herd. She asked if we wanted this one because my kids liked her and I thought sure. We didn't have a dog at the time and we had thought about getting one.
So she dropped her off and of course the kids are all excited and happy, and then the next day the kids went to school and this ugly dog kept looking at me, so I invited her on my lap and she pretty much hasn't left it since.
She's completely mine now and the kids have another pug. But my pug and I might have a bit of a codependency issue. And now I think she's the cutest thing in the world. I even call her beauty queen.

We've got 3 and pretty much the same thing here. We adopt the pug and then at some point they each adopt their fav human.

Rowdy adopted my wife and their inseparable. When she comes home after leaving the house he sings to her. It's the funniest thing.

Ellie Mae adopted my daughter and they do agility to the amusement and delight of onlookers throughout our region. BTW They are not competitive but still the highlight of those competitions she enters.

The youngest, Angel adopted me. I've had big dogs my whole life and I was less than enthusiastic about having a "Toy" breed but I have to tell you these little dogs have so much personality it's heartwarming.

Skipping the coffee this morning and going with an ice cold coke instead. MMMM gotta love the burn. Off to write a resignation letter :cool:

Coffee! Please.

Y'all have a great day.

Going to try. Coffee and an early start after a good weekend. Got my Gothic Horror story done and in, and it was up on Sunday morning, which of course was when I saw all the errors that I missed. It was fun to write. “Midnight at the Villa Diodati”, set in 1816 in Geneva where Lord Byron, Shelley, Mary Godwin (later Shelley) and a couple of others spent the summer and Frankenstein was written, along with the first vampire novel “The Vampyre” by John Polidori, who was Byron’s doctor, also there. Anyhow, Saturday was fun finishing that one off and yesterday was just social stuff. Today, coffee and work.

Mornin' all. Yesterday was 10 and sunny! Today is supposed to be the same!! Spring hath decidedly sprung. The driveway is visible, one corner of the garden is now exposed and... sigh, the unpainted fence is becoming more apparent. Bit of a rush to get it painted before the perennials start coming up at its bottom edge.

For now, coffee, please.

Hey, wasn't Lori scheduled to resurface today?

Going to try. Coffee and an early start after a good weekend. Got my Gothic Horror story done and in, and it was up on Sunday morning, which of course was when I saw all the errors that I missed. It was fun to write. “Midnight at the Villa Diodati”, set in 1816 in Geneva where Lord Byron, Shelley, Mary Godwin (later Shelley) and a couple of others spent the summer and Frankenstein was written, along with the first vampire novel “The Vampyre” by John Polidori, who was Byron’s doctor, also there. Anyhow, Saturday was fun finishing that one off and yesterday was just social stuff. Today, coffee and work.

Chloe,

Did you catch the episode of “Drunk History” about that group?

I didn't entirely escape from being sore after yesterday's labor, but at least the stiffness is starting to go away.

Chloe,

Did you catch the episode of “Drunk History” about that group?

No, and there’s a movie about that summer as well. I rushed the story out but it’s another one I’d like to take and rewrite and expand. The whole free love thing back then took me by surprise. I had no idea it even existed and I’d heard of Mary but not Claire. I’d love to expand on that in my story....and writing Ruthven in as a character was fun too.

Mornin' all. Yesterday was 10 and sunny! Today is supposed to be the same!! Spring hath decidedly sprung. The driveway is visible, one corner of the garden is now exposed and... sigh, the unpainted fence is becoming more apparent. Bit of a rush to get it painted before the perennials start coming up at its bottom edge.

For now, coffee, please.

Hey, wasn't Lori scheduled to resurface today?

Tomorrow, it's no longer the Ides of March, but her slacker staff are going to feel like it was; patience, all will be revealed...

Tomorrow, it's no longer the Ides of March, but her slacker staff are going to feel like it was; patience, all will be revealed...

Oh good, and best wishes. If she doesn’t take it easy I’ll fly over and “manage” her for you!

Oh good, and best wishes. If she doesn’t take it easy I’ll fly over and “manage” her for you!

I've quelled her for now by the simple expedient of pushing her head into a cushion and sitting on it; our bone-headed slacker macho numpty staff have managed to provoke her into a state best described as 'man-killing rage', so I'm holding The Mouth From The South down until she segues into mere incandescent fury, which, to be honest, is only about 2 notches above her ground-state anyway...

Just as a precaution, I changed the combination of the gun-safe, and buried the hatchet in a tree eight feet up where she, being a congenital short-arse, can't reach it, so if she needs a blunt instrument, she's going to have to go and buy one, and Oh look, I accidentally disabled her car autologger and thumbprint security system, what a silly billy I am, forget my own head next...

BB, you have more fun than any two other people I know. :D

My, oh, my, where did the day go? Fresh coffee for the afternoon crowd.

It's 72 out with bright sunshine. It's supposed to be 80 by next Moanday. Spring has sprung or so it seems.

I've quelled her for now by the simple expedient of pushing her head into a cushion and sitting on it; our bone-headed slacker macho numpty staff have managed to provoke her into a state best described as 'man-killing rage', so I'm holding The Mouth From The South down until she segues into mere incandescent fury, which, to be honest, is only about 2 notches above her ground-state anyway...

Just as a precaution, I changed the combination of the gun-safe, and buried the hatchet in a tree eight feet up where she, being a congenital short-arse, can't reach it, so if she needs a blunt instrument, she's going to have to go and buy one, and Oh look, I accidentally disabled her car autologger and thumbprint security system, what a silly billy I am, forget my own head next...

Roaring with laughter! :D
Have a coffee, Sir.

Ditto except it’s more of a giggle than a roar. I’m good with restraints :D

And now, can I get my April Fools story done tonight and tomorrow night? :eek:

It sounds like the midnight oil will be burning brightly. Do I need to bring the whip along with the coffee?

BB, you have more fun than any two other people I know. :D

My, oh, my, where did the day go? Fresh coffee for the afternoon crowd.

It's 72 out with bright sunshine. It's supposed to be 80 by next Moanday. Spring has sprung or so it seems.

We try, Tex, we try, but occasionally the red mist rises, especially with my crew of chuckleheads and failed lab experiments; unfortunately, when it comes to my staff, suffice it to say we now know why you should never give a monkey the key to the banana plantation...

We try, Tex, we try, but occasionally the red mist rises, especially with my crew of chuckleheads and failed lab experiments; unfortunately, when it comes to my staff, suffice it to say we now know why you should never give a monkey the key to the banana plantation...

Since i don't have a banana plantation, I guess that is kind of a mute question but one I find very funny in an English sort of way. :D

Bedtime for Bonzo, namely me, but I will make fresh coffee for the midnight crew before i wander off.

Night all.

New Author

Hey guys, new author here and passed in front of the door, nice place you got here Tex. Just submitted my first story, have a few more chapters I'm working on. You got any Guatemalan Mountain roast, need the high caffeine to get the creative juices flowing.

Current project: Embracing our Truths.

We've got 3 and pretty much the same thing here. We adopt the pug and then at some point they each adopt their fav human.

Rowdy adopted my wife and their inseparable. When she comes home after leaving the house he sings to her. It's the funniest thing.

Ellie Mae adopted my daughter and they do agility to the amusement and delight of onlookers throughout our region. BTW They are not competitive but still the highlight of those competitions she enters.

The youngest, Angel adopted me. I've had big dogs my whole life and I was less than enthusiastic about having a "Toy" breed but I have to tell you these little dogs have so much personality it's heartwarming.

Skipping the coffee this morning and going with an ice cold coke instead. MMMM gotta love the burn. Off to write a resignation letter :cool:

And it's like, if you have a pug, you can't have just one! At one time we had 6! Now we just have two, one fawn and one black. And my one has one pug. And my sister has 2 pugs. LOL!

I keep telling my kids if I ever get to retire I want to have a pug rescue, but for older pugs. So many old pugs get dumped because they can have so many medical problems.

I'm up drinking Diet Pepsi. I have the worst heartburn tonight and a nasty headache that I've had all day that just won't go away :/

Hey guys, new author here and passed in front of the door, nice place you got here Tex. Just submitted my first story, have a few more chapters I'm working on. You got any Guatemalan Mountain roast, need the high caffeine to get the creative juices flowing.

Welcome!

One coffee coming up, HP.

And a fresh pot for the Moanday morning crew.

I'm up way too early but I have things to do. The game warden is stopping by early to drop off the serial numbers for the four new boats and to collect his fees for home-made boats. They gets you coming or going.

Are these fees annual or one-off?
Over here, it's the owner who pays the fees.

High Caffeine ?
Talk to Chloe about it; She's a fan of "Black Rifle" coffee.

And now it's time for my morning brew

The best comes from a couple of fincas above Antigua Guatemala, I forget the names now. We bring back a few kilos on each return drive. Just like when we drive to L.A. -- always haul home a cooler of frozen XLNT tamales. But I digress. Fernando's Cafe in La Antigua, right next to La Posada de Merced, has the best damn coffee in the old cultural capital of Central America, and a fine desayuna typical (native breakfast) cheap. Tank up there and the day is yours.

Morning everyone... a lot of early birds this morning.

Coffee... got some.

Y'all have a great day.

Morning all and a welcome to our newbie. Pull up a stool or find a place at a table and above all, have fun.

HP, As the builder, I have to prove I built the damned boat and they charge a fee for the paperwork involved. About three pages, plus an itemized list of all the lumber, screws, nails, glue, epoxy, fiberglass tape, and so on and so forth.

Once it is is sold, then the owner has to pay registration fees each year to use it. They get you coming and going.

Fresh coffee all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back