Did your parents teach you about sex? Was it helpful?

My mother gave me a trilogy of books from the '60s. The first was on male puberty, the second on female, the third on general sex ed. They didnt get very explicit though. I grew up and live in the Bible Belt, our sex ed was literally an hour and a half spent in an auditorium having a church group tell us to stay virgins until marriage. They didnt even talk about pregnancy or stds, just how nice it is to save yourself. At first I learned mostly through porn until I figured out people would just write about sexual issues.
 
no I was free range

What, if anything, did you learn from your parents and did you find it helpful later in life?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing about technic... lol did walk in on parents a couple times during what they called sex and am still dealing with the emotional baggage...
 
Mom taught us girls the basic "Birds and Bees" before we were 12 - 8 for me.
Then she went above and beyond later - "It can be great, if done correctly" was the mildest she told us.
 
Mom sis

When I was a teenager I was jacking off using a pair of my moms panties when my mom and sister walked in on me the most embarrassing moment in my life turned out to be one of my best sexual experience my mother and older sister decided it was time to teach me about sex The feeling of your sister holding your cock and guiding it into the womb that gave you life is unbelievable
 
....

nope my parents never gave me the sex talk .... in my house sex was a taboo topic that we not talked about !
 
When I was a teenager I was jacking off using a pair of my moms panties when my mom and sister walked in on me the most embarrassing moment in my life turned out to be one of my best sexual experience my mother and older sister decided it was time to teach me about sex The feeling of your sister holding your cock and guiding it into the womb that gave you life is unbelievable

Your cock went into a womb?
 
unfortunately

No unfortunately, I had to get the talk from my Aunt. My Dad was totally useless or helpless on the subject. i feel sorry for him on that level.

I had an Aunt who took the time, and tried to talk to me about boys. Women or (girls) never came up. So it was health class, rumors from friends, boys in class, and the internet.

It could have been worse...
 
Parents Nothing. Playboy, Hustler, and Playboy channel in the Late 70's, early 80's. I Had sex-ed in high school in mid 80's, already new most of it. No internet back then.
 
Did Your Parents Teach You About Sex?

Kudos to Johndemark for an excellent question .

My mother provided some rudimentary information about sexual reproduction. Never got 'the talk' from my father. High school sex ed filled in a few blanks. Playboy and friends introduced me to various techniques and positions. Other than that I learned all the freaky shit on my own!!
 
Last edited:
I just realized of my friends and myself included, many never received any type of sex ed from our parents. I pretty much learned from porn.

What, if anything, did you learn from your parents and did you find it helpful later in life?

Not a thing from our Dad he took off when I was 4, our Mom taught my Sister and I "EVERYTHING" :D
 
my parents caught me playing with myself 1 evening and decided it was a good time to sit down with me and explain about sex. Sex talk was comfy around my house was not taboo or dirty. As it should be. I feel sex is nothing to be ashamed of. We are sexual beings.
 
My parents taught me nothing. I discovered my penis gave pleasure. Shared the experience with friends and we all discovered how each one can give pleasure in so many ways and that they came in all shapes and sizes. Soon found that girls liked it too. Touching, taking it in their mouths and some even wanted it inside them. Always amazed to see it shot cum.

So many people have helped me learn that sex and having a penis can so much fun.
 
Nothing was ever hidden, so conversations about sex were always very candid and open. It was a big help to have that understanding and to never feel like anything had to be hidden away.
 
Nope. Learned on my own
Being the seventh of eight children in the fifties it wasn't discussed. I think I did pretty good nonetheless.
 
During the time when I was going out with my first boyfriend, my Mom asked me if I was having sex. I kind of felt that she already knew I was, so I didn't lie to her about it. She didn't get mad or start lecturing me, which surprised me. We really didn't talk about it that much after; instead, she made an appointment with my doctor who helped with BC. I don't really have to worry about getting pregnant anyway, as I think God doesn't want me to make babies.
 
Helpful maybe

My sister and I learned about sex indirectly from our mom and dad. They'd always leave their door open when they had sex. My husband's family was nudist and pretty open, so we can fill in the blanks there. He seems to have learned enough.. ;-)
 
My sister and I learned about sex indirectly from our mom and dad. They'd always leave their door open when they had sex. My husband's family was nudist and pretty open, so we can fill in the blanks there. He seems to have learned enough.. ;-)

You never went into your parents room?
 
Back
Top