Which spelling do you remember?

lovetoread

hello daddy
I was not aware that everyone didnt already know this, but apparently some havent.

Do you remember the kids books about the bear family - The Berenstain Bears? Which way do you remember them being spelled?

Vice Article

How you spell “The Berenstain Bears” could be proof of parallel universes - linky

vmj0fbduz6ckad3m80u5.png

Stain.

I mean, that's what their creators' surnames were.

I never got these books back in the day, but my younger cousin did, and I just liked looking at the illustrations. I liked the way the bears' lips curved into a point for some reason.

Not only do I only remember "stain," but I wasn't aware there was any other spelling. It's the name of the creators, after all.

alternate universe my buttski - this is the sort of thing my son will be all over as 'proof' *facepalm
i wasn't around for the bears, but different spellings on products, different book-covers (blah blah blah) are entirely commonplace. Toffiffee, for example - over here in the good ol' uSA it's Toffifay (Toffifee - known in the United States as Toffifay - is a German brand of caramel candies, owned by the Berlin-based German company August Storck KG. Toffifee are caramel cups containing nougat, caramel and a hazelnut, topped with a chocolate button), and don't get me started on Febreze :)

alternate universe my buttski - this is the sort of thing my son will be all over as 'proof' *facepalm
i wasn't around for the bears, but different spellings on products, different book-covers (blah blah blah) are entirely commonplace. Toffiffee, for example - over here in the good ol' uSA it's Toffifay (Toffifee - known in the United States as Toffifay - is a German brand of caramel candies, owned by the Berlin-based German company August Storck KG. Toffifee are caramel cups containing nougat, caramel and a hazelnut, topped with a chocolate button), and don't get me started on Febreze :)

As a kid I used to love toffifay. The last time I tried a piece it was so cloyingly sweet I ended up giving them away to a friend. Kind of a bummer as I used to really enjoy them, but c'est la vie.

Mandela effect or illiterate children? One is more plausible than the other. In a parallel universe, an F could be an A. Doesn’t help in this universe.

I was not aware that everyone didnt already know this, but apparently some havent.

Do you remember the kids books about the bear family - The Berenstain Bears? Which way do you remember them being spelled?

Vice Article

How you spell “The Berenstain Bears” could be proof of parallel universes - linky

vmj0fbduz6ckad3m80u5.png

How is "Covfefe" marketed in the UK?

Yes. I remember them. Was never really into it. Only in passing, but they managed to hold my attention whenever I sat down to watch.

"Berenstein" works for me.

The books were far too modern for me to have encountered them.

A A Milne; Beatrix Potter; Ruskin; Frances Hodgson Burnett; Enid Blyton; Edith Nesbit; Arthur Ransome; Frank Richards; R L Stevenson; Daniel Defoe; G A Henty; Rudyard Kipling; Sir H Rider Haggard; Kenneth Grahame; Hugh Lofting? Yes.

Berenwhatever? No.

Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated.

I have NO ideal.

How about "Burnstains"? I was always a curious child. Don't get me started on "Spasketti".

The Berenstain Bears. I will say, having a child and buying newer books, I was surprised at how religious they have become. While the similarities to Jewish surnames did not impact me enough to change the spelling in my memory, I really was not expecting their son to be writing them as solidly Christian reading. I preferred them non demonimnational, though I do buy children's book with Christian or other religious leans, Christianity is just so completely entrenched in the son's writing that I find myself not wanting to purchase them.

After my time. I had trouble enough with Romper Room.

Back