What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniffly: because I spent two hours helping my dad pick up leaves, which whreaks havoc with my allergies. :rolleyes:

Disappointed: I got trolled recently. Someone saw fit to go through and 1-bomb every one of my stories. I've been waiting for the sweep to take care of them, but instead of taking away the 1 votes, I had a bunch of my 5's taken away! So now my scores are even lower than before. :confused:

Sad: because a friend of mine had ear infections in both ears and let it get so bad that she may never hear out of her right ear again. She had no insurance, and so tried to wait it out. Went to the ER last night and I heard the news from her a few minutes ago. :(

Inspired: Ready to do some more writing. :)

Cheerful: There's more baseball on today! :D

oggbashan said:
Now my local university is offering a part-time MA in Creative Fiction Writing starting in October. I'm considering it, but will I still be an embarrassment? I've been writing for a long time, and should I quote Literotica?

Og

Darlin I can't ever see you being an embarrassment. And I'd quote Lit. Itis creative writing. And even with the classes i take I wont be getting a degree. Just a certificate. Then I'll start another possibly next feb and then after that if I still like it I'll go back for a degree. (After little one is older. Well if I'm not a total loone by then. ;) )

~Mrsdeathlynx, Red OMG the pictures I'm getting in my head :devil: :catroar:

Last edited:
Degrees have different values, and in the end its value depends on what you do with it, and why you do it.

I got mine after 7 years of part time study (at least 15 hours a week, and sometimes much,much more, especially around exam time) with the Open University - whilst working full time, commuting 4 hours a day, running a home, and looking after 2 teenage kids and a husband. I did the degree initially to go into teaching, but after one year's part time practice in a primary school, I decided against that, and merely completed the degree for my own self.....to prove that I could do it.

At the age of 50 I graduated with an Honours Degree (Open), after 7 years of study encompassing education, social history, philosophy, art, art history, music, Victorian Religion, World Religions and Womens Issues.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment (except philosophy of art - drove me freakin' nuts) of it, and was one very proud middle-aged lady when I stepped up on the stage, begowned, to receive my degree, to the applause of my family and friends.

Auntie Mat - BAHons.

matriarch said:
and merely completed the degree for my own self.....to prove that I could do it.

At the age of 50 I graduated with an Honours Degree (Open)

was one very proud middle-aged lady when I stepped up on the stage, begowned, to receive my degree, to the applause of my family and friends.

Auntie Mat - BAHons.

You give me hope :rose:

matriarch said:
Degrees have different values, and in the end its value depends on what you do with it, and why you do it.

I got mine after 7 years of part time study (at least 15 hours a week, and sometimes much,much more, especially around exam time) with the Open University - whilst working full time, commuting 4 hours a day, running a home, and looking after 2 teenage kids and a husband. I did the degree initially to go into teaching, but after one year's part time practice in a primary school, I decided against that, and merely completed the degree for my own self.....to prove that I could do it.

At the age of 50 I graduated with an Honours Degree (Open), after 7 years of study encompassing education, social history, philosophy, art, art history, music, Victorian Religion, World Religions and Womens Issues.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment (except philosophy of art - drove me freakin' nuts) of it, and was one very proud middle-aged lady when I stepped up on the stage, begowned, to receive my degree, to the applause of my family and friends.

Auntie Mat - BAHons.

Open University is lovely, thats where I'm taking my classes. I started taking them to have something extra to do to give me adult sanity. Then I liked at least the coding class...not so fond of the other class atm (damned essays). Though the husband says I take them because I am a professional student. ;)

When I left university the first time I trained to be a nurses aid and then I went to travel and tourism school. If we lived somewhere bigger I might be able to use my travel experience. But where I am, (no offence meant) these people have to die before they give up their travel/tourism jobs :rolleyes:

*pounces on Grace* :kiss: Trom~ sorry to hear about your trolls :kiss:

content

I'm going to be a featured poet here in May

I've never been one before, so It's nice

:kiss:

Getting irritable...

my fucking muse has been sat in the cupboard for over a month- refuses to come out and let me molest her, she's eating ben n jerry's half baked...*sigh* and she wont share :(

Fallenfromgrace said:
Getting irritable...

my fucking muse has been sat in the cupboard for over a month- refuses to come out and let me molest her, she's eating ben n jerry's half baked...*sigh* and she wont share :(

*hugs*

:rose:

Gods... i'm on the verge of a breakdown. i bought the kids Easter cards today (they're being raised christian) and it's the first time i've had to send cards instead of be there... iw as there for christmas and everything... and now i don't know what to do... don't know what to write in them, or if i should send anything, or just sign them, or not even send them at all... it feels like my world is falling apart at the moment and there's nothing i can do about it... and i miss them so much it's tearing me apart... i want to hug them and hold them and i can't, and don't know when i'll be able to again, and it hurts so bad to know that... i've been strong until now, but now i don't know if i can stand it

i want my babies

MaeveoSliabh said:
Gods... i'm on the verge of a breakdown. i bought the kids Easter cards today (they're being raised christian) and it's the first time i've had to send cards instead of be there... iw as there for christmas and everything... and now i don't know what to do... don't know what to write in them, or if i should send anything, or just sign them, or not even send them at all... it feels like my world is falling apart at the moment and there's nothing i can do about it... and i miss them so much it's tearing me apart... i want to hug them and hold them and i can't, and don't know when i'll be able to again, and it hurts so bad to know that... i've been strong until now, but now i don't know if i can stand it

i want my babies
:rose: :kiss: :rose: :rose: :kiss: :rose: :kiss:

The words will come. :kiss: *hugs you tight*

MaeveoSliabh said:

i want my babies

*hugs you tight* I have nothing to say to make it better but you can have all the strength that I can spare. :rose:

MaeveoSliabh said:

i want my babies

MaeveoSliabh said:

i want my babies

*holds you tight*

Pretty fucking good. I had an excellent morning workout followed by a very productive day at work. Just gonna kick back and take it easy this evening. I think I'm at a point with work where I can start showing up at 8am and possibly leaving by 5:30 or so. YEA!

What a long day it's been. It's only a quarter to seven, and all I want to do is take my blondie to bed and snuggle until the first episode of Deadliest Catch.

On the up side, I found out that I scored well on my exam yesterday, my wife is home, and she's making delicious smells waft out of the kitchen. I love that woman.

My mood is still pretty fucking good even though I just discovered my next door neighbors (the bachelor brothers who own a pizza parlor) have filled up my trash cans with their shit cuz their too fucking lazy or "busy" to remember to put their trash out for pickup.

I'll let it slide this time as I am thinking it may be wise to be on the good side of folks who own a pizza joint. ;)

Tonight is great. Everything needing to be done today is finished.
Reading through My journals and poetry from last year felt good.
No tears this time, either. :rose:

Reflective...has it really been that many years? Happy with my professional life, but could be happier with the personal life. Shouldn't I be happy with both by now? Is it just them or is it things I have done?

jushorny said:
Reflective...has it really been that many years? Happy with my professional life, but could be happier with the personal life. Shouldn't I be happy with both by now? Is it just them or is it things I have done?
:rose: :kiss: :rose:

Hopeful, that my new hard drive will work better than the old one, once I have it installed. Crossing fingers and knocking on wood. :confused:

MaeveoSliabh said:

i want my babies

Hugs and kisses, Maevo. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back