Dark Enchantments (open)

Rom walked back to his room not in anger nor feeling rejected but feeling more focused than ever. He now knew that Aria was battling her own emotions when it comes to him.she has responded to his advancement, even if it was only for a few moments. That was how things always begins, you have to plant a seed and allow it time to grow. He has planted his seed with the action that just occurred. She willbe thinking of that moment all night long, contemplating the what if factors.

Rom walked into his room when the phone showed that he had a message from her. He smiled for that was the first step, apologizing for actions that may hurt the opposing member. It didn't take her long to becomes worried that she may have hurt him. He only smiled and sent a message back. "I'm fine, thank you for your concern. I hope that we can maybe get back together before dawn comes. I believe I can control myself." he pushed send then stopped looking down at the phone and shifted his gaze to the door.

"So they come now." he pulled the high back chair to the center of the room. Sitting down he stared at the door and waited. He felt no real power with the ones that came up, but that doesn't mean anything. He thought about Aria, but only smiled for he got a mental image of how they looked after tangling with her. He was amused now, a feeling that he hasn't felt in a long time. It just seems that everything is starting to fall into place.

When the door squeaked, and buckled Rom turned his head back toward the door is eyes remained the cold Icy blue hue. His fingers came to clasp together with his two pointer fingers standing up and pressed together. Slowly he bounced the finger off of his lips as he waited. It wasn't a long wait, the door gave away and the men entered into the room. Their gaze shot to where he was sitting.

"What the hell is this?" the third man from the left spoke up in tone of confusion. "Should he be waiting for us like this?" the man sounded dumber than a box of imported rocks. All the question received was a few shrugging shoulders.

Rom only smiled, "Gentlemen," they looked at him, "I really do not wish to fight you. I fear that if we do fight, none of you will walk out of here alive." Rom glared into them, they glared back and began to laugh. "We're gonna enjoy skinning you." The third man spoke up again... But Dom held up his hand and shook his head."No, what is going to happen here is that you." his gaze falls upon the orbs of the third man, "You are going to take that blade of yours and slice the man's throat next to you."

The laughter was loud and boisterous, until the third man slashed out with his knife cutting the man's throat next to him. Blood spewed forth from the man's mouth, the man's hands shot up trying to stop the blood from leaving his throat, but that was a fruitless attempt for he was already dead. The other two men moved toward rom but was headed off by the third man. His blade swinging wide forced one of the men to confront him. Blades sparked as the two battled each other.

The first guy turned to help his comrade, Rom only smiled when he used his speed and was behind the man. Grabbing the man's head and twisted it until it separated from the mans body and rolled around on the floor. Rom looked up as the remaining two were fighting. A smile upon his face as he walked over, drawing the defenders eyes away from the mesmerized hunter. The battle was over as the blade from Rom's charmed hunter split the distracted hunters throat.

Rom looked at his little pet, a sinister grin on his face." Now your mother is calling you to be with her. Go be with your mother. You may leave through the balcony." Rom's eyes flared, the man turned and proceeded to walk to the balcony, climbed over the guard rail and took a step forward. "Sweet man going to be with his mother." Rom laughed as he walked out of his door and into the hallway. His eyes focusing upon the men."Do the last two boys of the hunters really think they can take on two fully awake nightwalkers?" Rom's eyes still glaring.

The two remaking men bolted for the Elevator... "Well, I hate to say this but it is time to go before they do send a veteran hunter up here." he looked at Aria and seen the proof that she was in a fight. "Well, it seems like we have plans this evening." He turned and headed back to his room to pack...
 
Aria leaned against the wall her arms crossed over her stomach balanced on one foot as her ankles over laped she watched with a smile as the remaining two hunters took off down the hall away from all of it like frightened rabbits once Rom had appeared.

Her eyes slowly faded from purple back to there ushual blue coloring, she straitened away from the wall as he spoke. She couldnt help giving him a mocking yet polite bow. " But of corse.. after you. "

she almost asked what gave him the first clue but was not sure how he would take teasing and figured she was pushing it as it was so moved swiftly back to her room. She discarded the clothing she had been wearing for it was blood spattered and would cause coment they didnt need.

Damn down to two outfits now 3 counting what she now wore, she had her jacket on and sholdered her pack. Exiting her room she stepped over bodies and looked at the camras in the hall way. Good she thought the hunters disabled them before coming up, it bought some time but not much.

The hotel would likely call maitnance in to check on the issue first thing in the morning. Looking over her sholder at Rom she asked " Ready? "
 
Rom walked into his room, his gaze skimming over the bodies and wondered when all of this killing would end. He was getting tied of the constant moving around, hiding in places that was not of choice but by necessity. It would never end, this being hunted would only end when the last night-walker ceased to exist. He just wanted to be left alone so that he may have the life that all beings deserve. That was another reason why he stopped hunting a fact that he himself haven't told Aria. He blood that he used to sustain him before his decision to weaken himself was gotten from the blood banks and hospitals across the globe.

He packed his clothing and made his way back out into the hallway. His eyes looking over the form of Aria, a small smile formed, "Yes, once again run into the night just to be tracked down again in what a few days weeks or years. Would it be nice to stop running all together?" he asked in a heavy tone. Yes he knew he sounded weak and soft, as the elders would say, but life is only good if you control your destiny, not when you have only one choice and that was to always run, he now knows how Aria felt when she was running from him and the hunters.

They made their way to the garage, when from the dark shadows a voice called out. "Greetings Aria, Romstrahd. Are you going somewhere?" the smirkish, famine voice beckoned out. "My apologies, introductions should come before the questions and answers game begins." a response issued from a soft chuckle. "My name is Demoria." her grey orbs came visible as she approached, her long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail. "I believe that we have a problematic situation here. You see you killed my friends and comrades and that really hurts, however, there is a solution to all of this that doesn't require anyone paying the ultimate price." she slowly moves toward Aria, a hunger filling her eyes. "So do you wish to talk about this or do we battle here and now and see who pays first?"
 
yes it would be very nice " Aria stated to Romstrhads question as she knew how he felt in that moment for it was a feeling shed had for a long time, why she had finally decided to stop running and to fight because other wise what was the point even if death was the result it was better than continuing on and on alone, but now possably there was another reason to fight.

Aria watched Rom's long black hair sway as he walked in front of her, she studied his taller broader form the way he moved reminded her of a sleek and powerful preditor. She bit her lower lip now wasn't the time to let her thoughts stray to what was or was not between them.

Time enough for that if they escaped, and the first thing she was going to do was make sure he fed properly and not be such a coward next time. They could not afford for ether of them to be weak. Tho for having only been feeding off of animal blood or using blood bags he was damn powerful.

Was that what it ment to be pure blood that even at your weakest you were stronger than most others out there?.. if so then at full strength he would be truly frightining.. which also had her thinking.

if he had wanted he probably could have caught her sooner couldnt he..?, but then if Victoria's curiosity about her ability's and Rom's confusion over her abilitys as well ment there was something odd about her all together..

too many questions not enough answers or time to get them. What made her different?

Aria stopped as they entered the parking garadge looking in the direction of the female reaching up she tugged on Roms shirt to get him to stop just as the woman spoke. Aria would have warned him sooner but her thoughts had been on him rather than on what they needed to be.

She watched the woman approach removing her hand from Rom she stepped back to give them both room to manover should this indeed turn into another battle, she watched the woman look her over. Wondering why everyone seemed to look at her that way. Aria truly didn't see what they saw..

" As you are being polite and apparently already know our names. I would like to say its an honor to meet you. However given your nature as a hunter and ours.. it wouldn't hurt anything to hear what you have to say we can always fight later if necessary, call it curiosity if you wish, but what is it you want that would let us go freely away? "

Aria knew she probably should have waited for Rom to lead but it was too late now. Years of being on her own she supposed. She did not look at him for she had no wish to take her eyes off of the woman she did however also state. " The two others with you can come out.."

Zeb and Orian the two men who had been at the bar down stairs waiting for her before stepped out of the shadows to join them but were under Demoria's lead now, nether looked very happy in the least.
 
Rom looked over to his left when he felt Aria’s hand grasp his arm, the glare in her eye told him something wasn’t quite right, but also the sound of a arrogant female’s voice greeting them from the shadows also tipped this fact off as well. Rom’s head turned slightly back over to the right to catch the figure approaching them, his eyes narrowing, studying the figure closely with an untrusting glare. He did not respond to the woman in any form of greeting, just offered silence to her.

Aria’s voice rose over his shoulder to greet the newcomer in a retaliating smirk style. Rom only closed his eyes briefly in disapproval with the tone Aria used, one day that tired of this shit vibe that she is sending out will be her undoing, not that he didn’t find it refreshing that she wants to make a stand and fight, its just not that everyone they meet needs to be greeted that way. No matter now for it was already issued to the newcomer, he prepared himself just incase her words were taken as an offending retort that deserved reprisal.

He shot his glare at the two men walking forward and recognized them as the ones that he meet and shamed in the hotel lobby. This could be an advantage for them if a confrontational event occurred, although he would prefer not to fight, he had a feeling that there was something more here than what is standing before them, he could not distinguish what it was, but it did make him slightly unease.

Demoria only smiled when Aria called out her minions, it appeared that the knowledge of them being close by wasn’t an important fact. But there was something that put a serious look upon her face. This look came only seconds after the questions asked by Aria.

Demoria returned the glare to Aria, “Yes, there is two things that will give you temporary passage. “ she shot her glare to Romstrahd, “So Lord of Kettery, you know what I am here for so why don’t you just hand it over and well, the other thing I can do without, but wouldn’t mind having it for a few hours.” she laughed playfully while looking over at Aria, knowing full well that showing Rom hunger for his love would bring a flare of jealousy to the lord. “ Well, shall we do this peacefully or shall this get ugly?”

Rom knew exactly what Demoria wanted, it was the samething that Victoria and the Elders wanted, and there was no way in hell was he going to give it to either of them. He shot a look over at Aria, then back to the blond woman, staring into her steel grey eyes. “I think you would be better off taking your minions and leaving.” His glare would burn through steel if he had that power.

A laugh erupted from Demoria, “Come now Rom, your parlor tricks wont work on me.” She glared back at him. “You know the price for the two of you to walk out of here alive. Now, all you have to do is decided which way you want to go.” She looked back at Aria with a smile. “All you have to do is come with me and well that will be your passage.” She bit at her lower lip with the images that flooded her mind. “Well what is it going to be…”

Rom only shook his head and looked over at Aria, “ Well I think it is time to do what we said we are going to start doing.” Rom’s fist shot out at lighting speed, but did not connect with anything as Demoria simple stepped to the side. “What is this?” Rom’s face had a confused look as he spun around to face Demoria, he knew Aria could handle the two numskulls with relative ease.

“Aria!” Demoria shouted, “Walk over here and I ensure you a life you will never have if you do not come to me now.” She shot a glance over to her. “Come here now!” she demanded while reaching behind her back.
 
While your offer sounds tempting, i am afraid you made a mistake in trying to order me you see you can ask Rom i do not respond well to Orders."

As soon as Rom had attempted to strike out at the female Aria had already tossed her pack aside her eyes had changed and she began advancing on the other two who were prepairing to fight. Drawing flame to her hands caused the hunters eyes to widen but they did not back down.

Aria moved swiftly as what looked to be a shot gun was aimed her way in it however was not bullets but cartradges filled with a chemical agent ment to paralize them temproaraly. She dodged the first shot the cartrages exploding on empact as they hit one of the cement pillers in the garage.

Reaching Orian who had fired she grabbed the gun out of his hand and took hold of him spinning so that his body was between her and Zeb holding the wepon away from her she increased her flame melting the berral where she held it then dropped it making it useless.

Zeb had more time to prepair his attack. " You have a choice, i havent killed him yet.. i simply hold him here.. do you continue this dance?"

Aria had no notion how Romsrthad was fairing and wanted to end this so that she could grant him aid if it was necessary but she dared not take her focus off of the moment.
 
Demoria only shook her head in disappointment upon the response she got from Aria, even if it was the response she knew she be would getting. She would have been very disappointed if Aria would have obeyed her. She was here for only one reason, which angered her, for there was much more that could have been taken, but orders are orders.

Her attention diverted from Aria back to Rom. She knew she wasn't strong enough to overpower Rom and with her two moron associates being woman-handled she was on the losing side. She could only hope that Rom would be more concerned with the safety of Aria than to put up a strong fight, but that wasn't the case as Rom attacked her once more, again she maneuvered out of the way, this time however as she spun with his attack she drew a wicked looking blue tinted dagger and came to a complete spin with the blade slashing across Rom's arm.

Rom hissed as the blade cut deep in his arm. The pain was one of sharp and searing, as if he was just hit by the sun's uv rays. He turned to face her as she came around and hunched down into a combat readiness. Her eyes were hard and focussed upon him waiting for his next move, he took a moment to look over at Aria to ensure that she was okay, seeing that he had the upper hand he refocused upon Demoria.

Demoria took the advantage when Rom looked away, she instantly pulled up her handheld crossbow that dangled from her hip and fired. When Rom reengaged her with his gaze, it was too late for him to move, the bolt hit him in the chest. Slowly his chest tightened, his vision became blurry as the poison spread through his body. The last thing he saw was a Demoria looking at him in a triumphant posture.

Demoria spun to face Aria. "Now this dance is over. Release him and surrender or I run my dagger through Rom's heart ending his life for good." She lowered the point down to his chest. "Which is it going to be?"
 
Arias attention was caught she turned to see what was happening and cursed, her mind started turning calculating the the posablitys and posable routes to take with this. Sadly all of them ended with Rom's death no matter which way she went.

They could keep this stale mate awhile longer and negotiate terms.. which all depended on weather or not the woman wanted her compaions alive. Aria figured Demoria was the type who would consider them expendable if it got the job done.

She could kill the two men instantly using her fire to do so and advance on the woman to ether attack or escape, and try to save Rom later. The woman did not have what she wanted yet so if she killed Rom she wouldn't find it, there for she had to keep him alive.

Or she could do as the woman wanted and surrender, but that put them both at risk never trust a hunter.. in this case she had no choice, because if she were wrong and the woman did not need Rom alive there was only one choice that would posably save him.

She couldn't beleive she was doing this but she was. " Save his life such as it is.. give him the antidote to what ever poison you shot him with, set him carefully inside the elevator so that the sun will not harm him..he lives and i will go with you with out a fight, but i hold onto this one until Rom is safe."

She had no idea why they wanted her, but they were getting her.
 
Demoria raised her head up, a smirk of a smile upon her face as she gazed into Aria's orbs. "My dear, I have you both right where I want you, why would I give up Rom. No, both of you will be coming with us, now if you think you can kill all three of us before we paralyze you, well I suggest you go for it, however, I suggest you start with me for all I have to do is push this point into Rom here and he really be dead." She raised a brow, "So I ask again. What is it going to be?" Demoria waited patiently. She never enjoyed this talking with the night walkers but this wasn't her call, for if it was she would have killed them both.

Orion leveling his shot gun at the waist of Aria, growing a little cocky, "I wouldn't mind having my way with this one," his eyes staring at Aria's breasts, licking his lips with the tip of his tongue. His posturing came to an end when Demoria broke into a hysterical laughter. "Orion she would rip your dick off and shove it down your throat before you could even start to suck on her tit!, however, I would fair much better." Hissed Demoria.

"Enough of this, what is it going to be sweetheart?" Whispered Demoria...
 
Aria smiled but did not give an answer in words but rather in responce she decided to call Demorias bluff and even if she wernt bluffing Aria had had enough. Using her arua manipulation ability Aria turned the female hunters aura back in on her.

Slicing her across the wrist holding the cross bow aimed at Rom in place just missing the artery but deep enough she would not be able to use that hand for some time. Like drawing a razor blade across the wrist smooth neat and deep, she lashed out once more at the female like that across her right cheek but not nearly as deep more of a distraction to keep her off balance.

Aria then drew her flames to her hands catching the human shield she had in her hands on fire the blue flame creeping over him quickly like greek fire nearly impossable to put out once lit, she threw him at his partner knocking him down the flames spreading from on to the other.

Ignoring there screaming she rushed Demoria tackling her to the ground not giving her time to recover tho her flames were gone by then as Aria was using up much of her energy. Once she knocked the huntress down she gathered Rom in her arms and disapeared into the night.

She had to get them to shelter and soon.. the one thing on there side at the moment the hunters were still human and not as fast.

Aria took Rom to the speak easy she had hidden in a few nights before, she was shaking from as much energy as shed used up to get them the hell out of there. However it was not safe to hunt not right now.

She looked Rom over and tore his shirt from his body she could smell the poison.. she looked up at his face hoping he was unconsious.." i am sorry this is going to hurt like a bitch.." She used strips of his torn shirt to tie him down to the counter of the bar. so he wouldn't move as much when she did what was needed.

She removed the arrow and then bit into him sucking out the poison spitting it out as she went.. once his blood was clear of it and she could not smell any traces of it in his system any longer. She untied him, and bit her wrist she helped raise his head up so he could swallow and gave him her blood.

She watched his wounds close that had been enough to repair the damage but he would need another feeding and so did she, the sun had risen and she was too exausted at present to do anything other than make sure they were secure.
 
Rom’s eyelids opened slowly, his sapphire orbs instantly and instinctively darted about the area trying to get his bearings. Instantly he knew he was not in the hotel anymore, and the way this place looked there was only one possible reason he would be here and that was Aria. A small inner chuckle escaped his lips as this was the place where she got the cobweb hairdo.

His hand moved up to where the arrow has pierced him, it was gone and he was already healed. Instantly a spark of anger shot through him for the only way this could have happened was her giving him blood. A situation that he didn’t want to happen, he didn’t want his powers back, and the ones he did have he didn’t want them to be at full strength, but it was too late now, the deed was done.

He pushed himself up, realizing that he was still very weak, this confused him slightly as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. His head swirled about for a few moments before his vision came to a focus and his head stopped pounding. He stretched his chest, his arms and twisted his neck around for a few moments before he gazed about the room. His gaze falling upon the figure of Aria resting on top of the bar just a few feet from where he was. A slight smile came to his face, but then it hardened.

“What are you?” he asked in a whisper, she had powers that no changeling should have. This was something he had to find out before…. WAIT! He looked at her again as he realized that they were not after him but maybe her. Maybe they know why she is the way she is. He thought back on both encounters with Demoria, and Victoria, they both was really interested in Aria, which he thought was pure sexual but now it made sense.

He tried to move to her but was too weak for his legs to support him so he laid back down. His thought drifting to what in the hell is going on and what could possibility be going on with Aria. He looked back over to her, but instead of wondering what is going on with her, he was admiring the form of her and admiring the fact that she was now his.
 
What do you mean they escaped, and you lost them ? .... .... ...... ... " i dont want to hear your excuses We need what Rom has and the girl i want intact. " .... ... .. ... " you have your orders".

The unknown male hung up the phone, walking over to his office window on the third floor he looked out over the sunlit city scape, not really seeing the view of the skyscrapers around him nor the bustle of city life below.

A small smile touched his lips. She could have Killed Demoria had she wanted to and escped but chose to save Romstrahd instead. He had hoped to get to her before Rom and form a connection of his own. Ah well if necessary he would take them both.

Walking back to his desk he picked up an ancent book, so old that did he not handle it carefully it would fall to peaces, lightly he caressed the cover before walking to a bookshelf and placing it inside a hidden panel.

What he knew that Victoria and many of the other elders did not, was that Aria was descended from a pure blood who had mated with a human, who's line they had thought died out during the first crusades. Generations had passed and the blood line in Arias family had diluted.

The humans over the many years having forgotten there history, not understanding where or how off and on one family member each generation had a weaker version of certian abilities.

When Rom found her and turned her those abilities locked within her blood renewed.

Little did the humans know there hunters were being lead by an ancient Day Walker, Aria's blood line needed to be continued, and he wanted to continue it himself.. Rom had other uses he could become the next Leader if he could get past Victoria and the council..

However that meant he would have to get at full strength.. the question was should he help Rom or take him out. Ahhh Decisions decisions.. first get the girl and see if i can win her he thought.. if not fight Rom for her and take her, weather she will or no.

He could Deal with Victoria another day.. after all she was already along with the rest of the council running from his huntress, tho with Aria beating them as she had if the council found out they would go after Aria themselves, for one reason or another.

Damn.. well .. all ether side can do is see what happens with Rom and Aria, while trying to capture them. " Keep her safe Rom.. that much i know you can do.." he whispered allowed.

Aria shifted in her sleep slowly sitting up she rubbed her eyes and stretched before looking over to see Rom was awake and looking at her. " How are you feeling? " she asked getting down off of the bar to move closer to him.

She still shook from the energy she had expanded but not nearly as bad as when they had first arrived. Once she fed it would stop. she started to say he had her worried for a bit, but changed it to " how is it i was so scared of you if you cant take on one hunter? " she had not been quick enough to change the look of concern to an empty expression.

" do not get up.. Rest recover your strength i will go out and hunt, we both need to be at full strength"
 
Rom only nodded to Aria when asked if he was okay for the truth would only complicate things between them for he wasn’t okay. His attempt to shield his true identity from others was now at jeopardy by just a simple unnecessary feeding. His fist balled up just on that last thought. Maybe he should tell her the truth, maybe that would be the best move for eventually she will find out unless he is able to defeat this new team of hunters, persuade Victoria and the council that their suspicions of whom he really is isn’t true. He was so close in succeeding in this venture.

He could feel the power of the black magic building inside of him, the power that he had managed to thwart for the past two hundred and ten years has now been unleashed due to him being foolish. He closed his eyes as he felt Aria’s human tainted blood flow through his body, a taste that he hasn’t had for over two and a half centuries. His form began to transform back to the powerful figure that he once was, his face took on the sharp angular face, the stern eyes gleamed with the power that was held at bay for so long.

He stood up with the newly found strength, his eyes hardened while focused upon Aria. “No, you do not understand what you have done.” His voice riddled with the new power. “I do not need anymore blood, just had to wait for what you feed me to reactivate the powers that I had managed to press into dormancy for two and a half centuries.” His tone of voice was deep.

He turned away from her and walked a few paces, “There are things that I have to tell you now that I will not be able to hide my true identity from Victoria, the council, and our newly founded friends the Hunters.” He grew silent into thought. His hands coming around to the back of him and clasping together. His fingers balling up into a fist than being straightened out. He wasn’t forsure that he wanted to tell her all of it or just that he wasn’t the person she has known for the past century.
 
Aria watched him get up with surprise she could see his features changing slightly as he did so she had not thought it possible for him to be come more attractive. She had no notion of why he had been suppressing his ability's and hiding himself but had she not done what she had he would be dead now.

His anger stung tho she wasn't sure why she cared at all, and responded with her own temper. " your right i don't know you i haven't given you a chance till now. I guess i missed my opportunity to be rid of you, i'll think twice next time before saving your hide. you may not need to feed but i do. "

She slid the slate top pool table out of the way and exited the speak easy into the basement with out a back words glance. She listened quietly for the humans above then swiftly exited.

She could have grabbed one them from the bar above the basement but she did not feed anywhere near any of her bolt wholes it was a rule of hers and besides it was sloppy especially as it could give away where one was at.

However after only a few blocks she had to slow to a humans walking speed because she did not have the energy to maintain at present and was still shaky. Turning off of a side walk she took a pathway through a large park.

she shook her head her temper slowly cooling. Why was it so easy for her to get mad at him, she sighed. She was a bit sorry shed ruined what ever he had been attempting to do, but she had only two choices save him or let him die...

" Hey sweety what are you doing out here all alone? " Aria looked up seeing Three males collage students by the looks of them the way they were dressed and so forth. " need someone to walk you home you lost? "

" yea i got a bit turned around.. i would not mind some help, thanks.." she smiled at them and looked relieved. " you guys go ahead i got a term paper due in the morning" one walked away the others waved to him. " where you headed well take ya. "

she rattled off an address then started walking with them, when they were further down the path away from any on lookers she used her gaze on them keeping them still so she could feed. Once done she used her voice to hypnotize them sending them on there way thinking they had simply had a good time and had drunk a bit much.
 
Rom lowered his gaze when Aria unleashed her anger over the things that Rom ignorantly spouted off to her. The thought that she didn't know eluded him until she blasted him with the fact. She didn't know that he can regenerate from poison once it deluged over time. She just didn't know these facts about a pure breed lord.

He reached for her but she had already turned and stormed out, he would have called for her, but realized that she needed time to absorb that there was more to Romstrahd than what she gathered over the centuries. He felt the pain of his misdeeds and wished that he would finally except that if he wanted this woman he had to change, that he had to gain the want to live regardless of the death that will occur once everyone found out whom he really was, and that he was still alive.

He walked to the balcony, his favorite place to think things through. His mind drifted to Aria, wondering where she was and what she was doing, he smiled on that fact as if he needed to wonder, she was feeding. This feeding activity of hers forced him to think about Demonia and how easy she allowed Aria to get the upper hand, he didn't doubt Aria's skill in fighting but beating a veteran hunter that easy, no she wanted Aria to defeat her, just why she wanted this eluded him. Then there was Victoria, she herself allowed this to happen, was they training her or was they pushing her so that she would expose her talents. Yes! That is what they are doing but why? A changeling only had basic powers and some held a little more but not much more like Aria, unless! Romstrahd burrowed his brow in thought.

Victoria stood in front of the high elders, her face held a slight smirk, "Yes milords, the plan is working, but with your move here, it as brought one of the finest hunters here, Demoria." she knew that name didn't bring fear to them as the other hunter did, but she was a force to deal with. "We believe that Aria is an offspring of a daywalker, she just hasn't grown to full potential yet. We also believe that..." she stopped and thought about what she was going to say, does she tell them that Rom is an archlord, or leave him as just a lord. "we believe that we can push Aria to show us all her powers soon, maybe a week at most." she decided to tell them nothing.

"Send out the cannibals to push her harder!" came the cold tone of the Arch-elder. Victoria nodded, but felt anger at this order, but right now she had to do their bidding, for now!
 
Aria walked away from thos she had fed on and wondered a round for a few hours debating on weather to return to Romstrahd or to continue on her own. She had managed up till now to take care of herself why should she not continue to do so.

Pausing in her walking she looked up at the moon then closed her eyes letting the soft night breeze caress her pail cool skin bathing in the moon light as humans might the sun. Upon opening them again her mind was a bit calmer and clearer.

No she wouldn't abandon Rom, they were safer together, and she had no notion as to weather they were after herself or Rom.. they had wanted what Rom had Demoria had stated that much but not anything else other than trying to get her to go to her.. so.. what did they want.?

Aria knew she did not have enough knowledge to continue on her own and he was the only one she knew and had met before that was not insane, or was less insaine it all depended on ones point of view. She needed to let him be what he should have been. Her teacher,and..

Her step faltered a moment and what.. she reolized she was already somewhat viewing the possibility beyond friend ship.. the longer they were together the more likely hood of that becoming true.

She turned on her heel intending to head back to where she had left Rom in the long forgotten hidden speak easy in the basment of a pub. She froze.. she wasnt alone.
 
“How exquisite!” the shadowy figure exclaimed to no one but himself, his place of concealment was nothing more than a small spruce tree. Not as if he was really trying to hide himself for he knew, Aria already detected his presences. He stood firm, not advancing, not withdrawing for this was the time that he has waited for, the situation couldn’t be any better than what it is now. A smile appears on his face as he tallies up all that she has brought here. The list begins with Romstrahd VonZaravich, the Arch-Lord. Demoria, The hunter of Gladesdale, Victoria Cromwell, Baroness/Elder of European Regime, The Huntress, Slayer of Easterwick, and of course himself.

He continued to watch Aria while she focused her senses. He knew it wouldn’t be long when she knew exactly where he stood, that wouldn’t be a bad thing, but it was too soon, or was it. His hand rose to his angular chin and slightly rubbed over the chin bone in thought. This meeting could hasten the Councils need to derail the gathering of the hunters, it could also hasten the need for the elders to force Aria to identify her powers and bring her closer to their control, or well the last thing wasn’t something he wanted to get involved with. He shook his head at the thought of confronting Romstrahd in open combat, something he didn’t want to occur now that Aria has revived the old Arch-Lords powers.

He sighed heavily for he did want to met with the young lady, her talents needed to be harnessed, her skills needed to be trained, her method of fighting needed focusing, she needed guidance, and he was the only one that could prepare her for the battle of her life, for if he the Dawnwalker even got a hold of her the balance of power shifts and all will be lost, however, if the elders get their hands on her, then the balance of power shifts and the same occurs, so there was only one solution, she had to be with him or Romstrahd. His gaze looked at Aria once more; I would prefer her to be with me! A mischievous smile comes to his face.

“Well, why not?” He questioned himself with a shrug of his shoulders. He took a step out and away from the spruce tree. “Hello Aria, I know you were sensing me so I figured why not go ahead and met with you. My name is Grafton, I am not here to harm you but to help you.” his hands come up palm facing her. “If we could go somewhere of your choosing I wish to speak with you on something that is very urgent to everyone and give you the answers you want to know.” He looked at her and fell silent waiting for her to decided.
 
Aria had already turned to face the direction the male emerged from watching him come from the shadows as if out of nowhere, had she not the ability she did she would never have known he was anywhere near until it was too late.

She looked him over watching his movements as he approached hands raised in an attempt to show he meant no harm, she smiled at that because she knew as well as he did that weapons were not always necessary depending upon ones skills.

However it was his offer that caught her attention and held it fast.. She could tell from his voice he was not attempting to sway her with hypnotism, he wanted something tho... no one offered aid with out reason.

" Very well Grafton.. we can go someplace somewhat public where we can talk.. i am curious, and if your willing to give me some answers.. or at least your version of the truth such as matters stand. i shall listen. "

She was not foolish enough to take his word for everything but the more she could learn the better prepared she would be a public setting did not always mean safety she would be safe but as 90% of there kind avoided drawing as much attention as possible it was a good choice.

She studied his arua and its fluctuations as well as his movements getting a feel for him so she could tell when it fluxuated indicating weather or not he might attack, not really taking notice of his physical appearance until they reached a small dinner, and entered.

There were very few patrons at this time of the night about 10 or so plus staff, she lead the way to a booth in the back public but would also allow them to talk. She thanked the waitress and ordered some hot tea as well as fries.

After taking his order as well the waitress moved on. " You mentioned Urgent ?, and everyone ? who is Everyone? " she sat in the booth her arms on the table hands clasped in front of her. Waiting for him to begin. Under the table her legs were crossed she was a bit nervous.

in the span of less than a week she had run across not only Rom, but many others she had no clue even existed until now, but who or what did they want her or Rom.. and if her .. why now and not before, what had changed?..

she had alot of questions.. she hoped he had some answers the problem was even if he did have them how much could she trust what he might say as truth.
 
Grafton was pleased to hear her acceptance of his offering. This was going well as one could expect but this was just a small hurdle that had to be made and well it hasn’t really been made yet for she had to believe in what he told her. Yes, she had to believe him, that was the thing that had to occur, the trusting would come later, the training had to start very soon, then there was that, which, well, he wouldn’t mind happening right now but they say good things come to those whom show patients.

He followed her to the place of her choosing, His salt and pepper hair was short and well groomed, his blue orbs were a dull, dark blue they were deep set into his angular face. He held the age of a middle aged man but of well stock and build. His attire was that of a business man, a charcoal black suit and a white silk top and skinny black tie.

He unbuttoned the suit before taking his seat across from Aria, his gaze looking up from her frame to the lovely green orbs of hers. “Thank you for accepting my offer. I know you have a lot of questions and I can answer some of them. You might want to know something that I don’t know anything about, so when I say I don’t know it’s the truth. If I do know the answer but I say I can not say I ask that you not to push the subject for I will not tell you. I do have a agenda that I am trying to get too, however, that will be in time and it will not be one that brings harm to you. Well make that two things I wish to accomplish.” His eyes drifts downward for a second than back to the emerald orbs of Aria.

“So what am I doing here, I am here to offer you answers to something’s you want to know. So now that you know why I am here, ask your questions.”
 
Aria gave a genuine laugh her eyes dancing with humor as she relaxed " Well i will give you this much you are straight forward and to the point." She paused as the waitress brought them over what they had ordered asking if they needed anything else before moving on her way.

She took a moment to add the tea bag to the pot of hot water she had been given to allow the tea to seep while they talked, putting ketchup on the plate with the fries as most humans would she did not really like eating human food but appearances. Tea however she did like.

Looking up at him on a more serious note tho with a bit of humor still in her tone she said. " I will promise to try and not push you on things you say you cannot answer, but i will be equilly blunt i will not trust all you say on face value as we have only just met.. so long as we understand one another.."

He was not an unattractive male she thought, his salt and pepper hair made him appear more normal and distinguished, his blue eyes were a different shade from hers or Rom's. His appeared dull but in reality they were not.. they were like a deep navy blue that was almost black but had just enough difference in coloration to tell it was one not the other.

" The first three questions i have.. Why all the sudden interest in me when i have been running from Rom for the last 500 or so years?, Or is it simply they are after Rom and as he has found me only now taken note?.. you said you will not be the one who brings me harm.. so who will ? "

Knowing by now her tea was ready she stopped talking giving him a brief smile nodding to him as she added some sugar to her cup then pored stired it as she awaited his answers. She set the spoon aside listing as she slowly drank the tea, enjoying the warmth of the cup in her hands the most.
 
Silence comes to Grafton when Aria's questions come across the table. He picks up his cup of Hazelnut coffee and takes a sip. His other hand clasps around the croissant, allowing his fingers to caresses the soft bread. His orbs lowers to the tabletop while his mind gathers the answers she seeks.

He clears his throat and takes a look around the establishment. He wanted to make sure that no one was in ear shot of them. "The reason why you are now of interest to those around you is that your powers are now surfacing, it is now that you can be trained to be a force to be dealt with when training is complete. Before now you were well lets just say a snot nose bratty baby that didn't mean anything till now." He had the look of discomfort in saying that but he wanted to be blunt and not beat around any bush with her.

Taking a few more caressing squeezes on the Croissant, he looked back up into her face. "Before you awakened the Arch-Lord's power, Romstrahd wasn't really wanted for he was just under investigation, but now that you have shown everyone that he is really the Arch-Lord everyone will want him dead, the Elders and the Hunters, You have awakened the most powerful man on this planet and he has many enemies now." He took a sip of his coffee allowing his gaze to fall to Aria's breasts.

He brought his eyes back up to look upon her "You have the same enemies as the Arch-Lord does now. Enemies that want to persuade to work with them to fight the others, but in reality they just want you to kill their nemesis before killing you. Understand now?" He tilted his head slightly to the side with an arched brow. "So, is there anything else?" he seemed not bothered by anything he has said...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i see.." she sat back thinking over all he had just told her. If he were telling the truth she was in a lot of trouble and so was Rom, which explained also alot more why Rom had been pissed because she had given him blood, she was angry now and worried at the same time and softly cursed under her breath.

She chuckled a bit as she mumbled something about knowing she should have let him die.. but knew she couldn't have done anything other than what she had, weather it was the bond between master and servant that she had run from so long ago taking effect now or that she had given her word to give him a chance she could not have made any different a choice.

she tilted her head to the side looking down into her half empty tea cup unaware she was biting her lower lip as she turned many of the other things over in her mind that he had stated, some of which she could see as being true.

her ability's had changed off and on over the 500 or so years, she had had the basics but it had only been with in the last 200 that shed gained the aura and fire.. the aura had come first.. the fire second.. but if she was just now gaining these skills and considered a baby or fledgling what else was likely to come..

She was distracted momentarily from her thoughts as he continued to caress the Croissant before squeezing it. He had given her alot to think about.. mostly she decided she would not hunt Rom no matter what so that meant what ever or who ever was coming for him was also coming for her, now not only because she had awakened him but even more so when they realized they wouldn't turn her away from him at least not easily.

She would need to train to practice and become more skilled in her ability's if she had more coming she had no notion of what they may be.. did ability's come in accordance to ones masters skills .. wait.. her skills as far as she knew did not match Rom's... and he had said that as one turned she should not have the skills she had.

Looking from the torn up croissant to his eyes again she did not think he was lieing he had his own reasons he wasnt giving her but his aura remained calm and steady it didnt change in coloration or flow.. so " yes.. what makes me different from others who were turned, Why the surprise in my having skills if expected to have any at all? "
 
Last edited:
Grafton noted the shifting emotions that were flowing through the blood of Aria, her scent attracted him even more now than before. Now he was so close to her that even her scent was making him feel heated. He instantly began to caress the larger piece of the soft bread. His mind feeding the images that was necessary to keep him calm and under control.

His gaze still locked with her emerald orbs while he leaned back into the padded back of the booth they were seated in. His fingers still kneaded the soft bread while he searched for words that would not send her into a defensive posture. "Aria, You were not turned." His eyes held no emotion but the desire that was over taking his self control. "You see, you have a magnetism about you that draws people to you. Have you noticed that? have you noticed people whom talk to you seem to get aroused around you?" He had to get it out in the open to why he was caressing the croissant, why he was looking at her hungrily.

"My apologies, for my behavior." He whispered while catching himself staring at her breasts, the feeling between his legs was getting to be a concern with him. It was breaking the flow of his concentration, which would come across to her very soon. He didn't want this to happen for he didn't except the charm of her to be so potent to the undead as it was.
 
she looked at him questioningly but thought over what he had just stated but now that he mentioned it, she remembered the woman Victoria... the Huntress Demoria was it.. she had thought at the time they just perhaps preferred both males and females it was the year 2015 after all, so not so taboo or as hidden as it had been in past.

She blushed a bit as she noticed that his own actions and yes his aura was taking on a hue that indicated desire for most beings.. " i did not realize it was me.. this is.. new. " She had not had this issue before arriving in this city was this a new skill. She shifted a bit uncomfortably in her seat. How did one control something like this could it be toned down like adjusting ones appearance and mannerisms or was it emotion based like a pharamone.. damn..

" i should be going, Rom will be looking for me and if all you have said is true i should not leave him for long. I have more questions.. alot more.. i am even more confused, you say i was not turned and yet.." she frowned she wanted to know so much more but knew she needed to go. " how can i find you again? "
 
Grafton pulled his gaze up once more to her face. The emotions that were flowing through him was strong but he managed to keep a respectful posture toward her. "Yes, you have to learn to control it. It isn't as hard as it seems, for have you had any feelings of sexual want for me?" He smiled as he gave her a nod. "Yes, I have that same ability. Just not the method of countering it like Romstrahd has." He chuckled as he caresses the croissant, "This is the best I have been able to do so far." He looked down at his hand then to her breast. He wanted to be fondling her soft flesh instead of this soft bread.

"Don't worry love, I will find you when the time comes. I have approached you, but I feel there is a lot of things you have to do on your own before I step up and help you. But don't worry, I will be there when you need me to be." He stood up, his erection was quite obvious due to his enlargement.

"My apologies." He took off his coat and placed it over his forearm which came to rest over his navel, hiding his hardened cock.
 
Back
Top