What is wrong with Darren Osborne and James T. Hodgkinson ?

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Darren Osborne and James T. Hodgkinson were involved in violent attacks on people they did not know.

Darren Osborne, a Wales citizen, shocked his community, by attacking Muslim crowd outside of a London mosque. James T. Hodkinson an American citizen, shocked his community by attacking a Republican senator on a baseball field.

Darren Osborne killed a man, and injured many with a van. James T. Hodgkinson injured two men with a gun. (gsgs comment- His intentions seemed to be, is shoot a corrupt politician in the arse, and a corrupt lobbyist in the foot. They were both rich government insiders.

https://www.boston.com/news/nationa...-the-gunman-who-shot-a-republican-congressman

Darren Osborne survived.

James T. Hodgkinson fatally shot by police who had been guarding the House majority whip.

(2015 Facebook post, Hodgkinson shared a political cartoon about Congressman Steve Scalise saying, "Here's a Republican that should lose his job, but they gave him a raise.")

http://www.kbzk.com/story/35671297/...erness-directed-at-rich-republicans-president


Imam Mohammed Mahmoud was hailed for his efforts to calm the chaotic situation in the aftermath of the attack. He was said to have used his body to shield the suspect from the fury of onlookers.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-dad-four-identified-finsbury-13207770

Why Darren Osborne decided to travel and attempt to kill people ? Only he can answer that question. Much has been said about terrorist attacks in the UK. The recent attacks were demonic. Not a zombie suicide march, with a bomb, but deliberate mashing of human bodies, and knife murders with an aim to escape afterwards.

Editorial (No person listed as author of this editorial article)

Both parties owe the nation a more civil political dialogue

After officials confirmed Hodgkinson’s identity, social media profiles emerged that provided hints about potential political motivations for the shooting. He was a supporter Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, a writer of letters to his local newspaper supporting Democrats, and a member of a Facebook group called “Terminate the Republican Party.” Hodgkinson lived in a St. Louis suburb, but had spent time recently at anti-Trump protests in Washington.

But a person like Hodgkinson doesn’t exist in a vacuum. No single person apart from Hodgkinson is to blame for his actions, but both parties have to commit to a less inflammatory political discourse.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...al-dialogue/jcoKiKtcERgeuloqxAFU9O/story.html

Representative Steve King, an Iowa Republican, said Wednesday the political culture driven by the “left” created an environment where violence against elected leaders was possible.

“I don’t know anything about the perpetrator,” said King, referring to the gunman who fired at members of Congress during their baseball practice. “But I do know that America is divided. . . . And the violence is appearing in the streets. And it’s coming from the left.”


http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...ooting-left/Bze7uuF2uNeYf1thSzU0VL/story.html

6/09/2017

Steve King, the unabashed White Nationalist, dares to point a finger at the left-

Rep. Steve King, who recently tweeted that U.S. civilization cannot be restored with “someone else’s babies.”

"Who is somebody else’s babies?” Cuomo asked

"Cuomo tried again, saying, it seems like “you were trying to say ‘someone else’s babies’ means ‘you’re either white or you’re not right.’”

Cuomo, to his credit, tried once more, asking, “A Muslim-American, an Italian-American, a Christian-American, a Jewish-American, you do realize that they are all equal, right? They are all the same thing. We don’t need babies from one of those groups more than we need them from other groups. Do you agree with that?”

King did not say yes. Instead, he paused, swallowed, and said, “Well...” Cuomo pounced on him for hesitating, and King said meekly, “It’s not that simple...”


http://theslot.jezebel.com/gop-rep-steve-king-would-like-to-see-an-america-thats-1793212880

Congressman Steve King is standing by a tweet that was widely condemned as racist.

“I meant exactly what I said,” King told CNN.

Sunday, King tweeted in support of his fellow anti-immigrant demagogue Geert Wilders (who is seeking to become the next Dutch prime minister), praising him as one who “understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”


Asked by New Day host Chris Cuomo to defend the comments on Monday, King doubled down on his view that “western civilization” must be defended.


https://thinkprogress.org/steve-king-stands-by-racist-claims-59457bf800ba

What was said after Gabrielle"Gabby" Giffords was almost assassinated-

"Arizona, roiled by the illegal immigration debate, has “become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry.’’

This may be true about Arizona, but the shootings could have happened almost anywhere in the United States, given how thoroughly both “lock and load’’-style gun metaphors and the demonization of opponents have saturated the nation’s politics. Even modest differences of opinion are now cast in furious ideological terms. This branding of people and ideas seeks to penetrate casual discourse and shape the impressions of otherwise distracted voters. But because it is so deliberate, this form of branding can also be deliberately avoided. And it must be.

Some innocent colloquialisms about “shooting down’’ proposals or “targeting’’ candidates will slip by. But the red-meat rhetoric — the declarations of revolution, the casual depictions of people as unpatriotic, the brandishing of guns as a symbol of political resistance — should be renounced across the political spectrum.

No political leader or movement should be held responsible for crimes that appear to be Loughner’s alone, and all Americans would benefit from a culture less conducive to the fantasies of unstable minds. Liberals are justified in expressing alarm over the coarsening of the political dialogue. But those who have rushed to blame conservative causes or leaders for the killings should pause and consider whether they, too, are waving a bloody shirt and feeding a culture of denunciation.

The responsibility for maintaining a civil dialogue starts in every home and with every individual.

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglo...r_an_old_story_and_a_harsh_political_climate/

June 14, 2017

"Sadly, only the place of liberal and conservative in that sentence has changed."
 
An American problem, mirrored by a UK problem

The Right declared a war on the Left

Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan, in an eternal, fraternal embrace

Lumping all of the "left" together, as Democrats

Lumping all of the "right" together, as Republican

Both Republican and Democrat citizens seek to tell the world at large, that they did not vote for Emperor Caligula Carrot. Ashamed, and embarrassed that people from other nations would think that the majority of America wanted the malicious, egotistical buffoon to lead America. So many will be relieved to show evidence of Russian interference. Someone, finally made use of the vulnerable back doors into American voting machines...


Commercial paid for by PAC, ( Principled PAC)

(It is another, fucking squirrel.)

Let's you and he fight! While you and he are fighting, I will be free to act on my agenda.

Senate Democrats, including Murphy, took to the Senate floor on Monday evening to protest the Republican's efforts pass healthcare reform legislation without providing a public forum for the bill to be reviewed or negotiated.

"Why are my constituents not allowed to see the details of what is about to their lives? Why are only a select group of Americans able to have a voice inside that room?" Murphy said on the floor.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-shame-republicans-into-opening-up-healthcare


Trump tactic in action- Welcome to the "Trump La Brea Tar Pits of Political Argument"

"The discussion is not about meeeeee, and what I do. I am talking about what you do!

Chris Wallace would experience an instance of déjà vu if he was present, to hear Karen Handel speak with a journalist from the Guardian newspaper. It is like trying to get a straight answer out of Trump's lawyer, Sekulow.

Having a discussion, at 'Alice in Wonderland's' tea table, would make more sense.

“No, don’t put words in my mouth, Ben."
"You don’t listen and you put words in people’s mouth.”

The Guardian said: “I was trying to clarify.”
Handel responded: “No, you really weren’t.

(Handel proceeds to make the Guardian's point, for them.)

Handel: "But what I said was the following: there is a lack of civility in society as a whole, social media has been fueling it, journalism has been fueling it.”


Handel: Asked if the issue was partisan, Handel said: “I can only tell you what I have observed in this race. The anger has been from the left (As if, the left had nothing to be angry about.) with groups of trackers showing up and literally adopting a gang-like posture and virtually stalking individuals.”(Let us not talk about a woman that dropped out of an election, because she was facing rape threats, death threats. Deranged extremist right wing operatives on her property, putting a for sale sign up, for her house.)

Referring to the threats she (Handel) received in the mail, she added: “Just what I was subject to – that literally we had to have hazmat in our home and people having profanity hurled at them for no reason other than who they are supporting in this race – and it’s interesting to me that it has been very much one-sided.”(If you ignore the fact that it happened to Kim Weaver, the only Democratic candidate in the race for Iowa's 4th Congressional district.)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...tion-karen-handel-journalism-lack-of-civility

War on women, war on women seeking public office- It is not just for Extremist Right Wing operatives, anymore ?

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-...weaver-iowa-congressional-race-death-threats/


Katie Packer started the PAC. Who has control of Principled PAC, now?

SIEGEL: Your PAC's name includes the word principles. Is your objection to Donald Trump based on principles that you hold to and he doesn't or is it based on questions around his electability?

PACKER: All of the above. We're very, very concerned about the fact that he doesn't seem to hold to any core principles on any issue - on virtually every issue that's important to Republicans and historically has mattered to Republicans. He's been on every side of the issue. Beyond that, he doesn't have the character and the tone and the temperament to be president. And beyond that, he'll be utterly destroyed by Hillary Clinton in a general election. All of those things are of big concern to me.

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/20/47501...ent-over-a-gop-political-consultant-weighs-in


So much money!

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00549436


An image of a wounded Scalise being taken from the baseball field by stretcher opens the ad produced by the inappropriately named Principled PAC, a conservative organization supporting Republican Karen Handel against Democrat Jon Ossoff in the election that will be decided by voters Tuesday. Handel, Georgia's secretary of state, narrowly trails Ossoff in the most recent polls.

"The unhinged left is endorsing and applauding shooting Republicans," the ad's narrator says. "When will it stop? It won't if Jon Ossoff wins on Tuesday."

The spot then shows several images and videos including one of comedian Kathy Griffin holding a fake severed head that looks like President Donald Trump and the clipping from what appears to be a printed notice that says "RESIST THE FASCIST TAKEOVER!!!!! STRING UP THE COLLABORATORS!"

The ad says that "these same leftists are all for Ossoff, and if he wins, they win."

"Stop Jon Ossoff. Stop Nancy Pelosi. Vote Karen Handel for Congress," the narrator says.


http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2017/06/attack_ad_with_scalise_shootin.html

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/0...ttack-ad-tying-democrats-to-scalise-shooting/

The TV video ad, in question

The ad, funded by a little-known group called the Principled PAC, opens with sounds of gunshots and footage of U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise being wheeled away on a stretcher after he and other members of the Republican congressional baseball team were ambushed by a lone gunman while practicing in a Washington suburb.

gsgs comment-

The ad will appeal to a small percentage of the voters under the Republican umbrella. The majority will look at the ad, and grimace. Polarization has taken place, but sane people do not look to murder as a solution. They do not applaud the use of guns against the opposition. Scalise and his lobbyist friend might be lower than pond scum, but they both have a family.
 
Back
Top