Z2: The Second Zombie Uprising

Travis Perkins Image Profile

Location Fort Stevens state park, Oregon

December 22, 2022

Travis had been wandering around for days now. He had been flown out of New York to Los Angeles on a commercial jet and then by Helicopter up to a small field that had probably been a school oval. He wasn't sure as the building had been burnt down and had collapsed. The helicopter had taken off and wouldn't return for a month. He was on his own until then, but that was fine with him, he had survived worse and now with the vaccine coursing through his veins it was a hell of a lot easier.

His job was to find any other survivors like him and give them the second chance he had been given. In the large rucksack he had on were several small vials, each containing enough doses for several people. In the event he found a large group of people, he had a satellite phone so he could call in an air drop. He had only had to do this once though. Normally he would only find one or two people just scraping by, sometimes a whole family. Large numbers never really seemed to be able to get along with each other, or they just attracted too much attention. If the Z's didn't get them, then their fellow men would.

Travis checked the small map he had and took his bearings. Through experience he was checking the most promising spots first. Coastal areas, high mountainous regions, any caves, cabins in dense forests. Places off the beaten track or near places that Z's didn't like. So far he had found no one, but there was a nice peninsula that looked defensible if anybody had made it there. He was heading there now.

Another hours weary walk and he stopped, bringing up his binoculars and staring down the road. A large shipping container blocked the way and he smiled. Okay maybe this trip wasn't a waste.Something that big would take several people to move. Placing his binoculars back he pointed his gun to the ground and then began to move down the road keeping his hands away from his body. No need to spook them, better to act friendly.

As he got close he began to call out. "Hey anyone there. I would like to come in. Any chance I could see the person in charge?"
 
Travis had stood there waiting for a few seconds before he heard a male voice calling out for him to stop approaching and to place his rifle down on the ground. It was a pretty stock standard request and he had developed a way of getting around it without looking to disobey it.

Taking the strap slowly off his shoulder he gently lowered the rifle to the ground and then stood back up, keeping his hands out to his sides. To all intents and purposes it looked like he was obeying the order. In reality the gun was now sitting on his toes of his outstretched foot, and he could kick it straight up and into his waiting hands in a second and be firing in two. He had spent hours practicing and developing the move.

Besides he was not unarmed. He still had two pistols, three knives, and a few other surprises on him. Still it was always good to play nice with the locals.

As he stood there he looked closer at the defenses of the place. Besides the shipping container he could spot lot's of cars parked like a wall, a large moat which was a brilliant idea seeing as the Z's hated salt water, and on top of the container were piled barrels so the defenders had something to hide behind while still giving them a good view. All in all it was a highly defensible place.

Finally he heard a different voice calling out to him and he smiled. This one had the feel of someone in charge. He wasn't fazed by the fact it was female. Both in the military and in this new world he was used to females being in charge.

"The name is Travis Miss. I am originally from Maine but now I work out of New York for the WHO. I am searching for survivors, singular or in groups. You may have heard there is a vaccine, well I am here to tell you it is true and to make sure you get it. Depending on how many people there are in your camp I can either vaccinate you all now or in a day or so."

He stood staring up at the gate wondering if this new person would believe him or if she would need proof before she would let him in.
 
OOC: Was accidentally posted. Ignore it. Will replace soon.
 
Last edited:
Travis kept an eye on everything that was happening. He saw the man on top of the containers that was covering him with an old M-16. The lady had been beside him but had left and he assumed she was coming out to meet him, it was the play that usually happened. He also saw a few others out along the line of the cars but they did not appear armed. He was beginning to get a feel for the place.

As the container doors opened and the woman stepped out he got his first good look at her. He was a little surprised at her age but he had to admit she carried herself with confidence and he suddenly knew she had some form of military training. There was just something about the training that they could sense in each other. She could probably sense the same in him.

He saw the two people behind her, and his feeling became almost a certainty. They had not drawn any weapons and they were staying well behind her. In fact as he saw more and more people he saw no more weapons.

"My name is Amy," she finally said to him. "Amy Roberts. 'Round here, they call me the Sheriff." She nodded at the pack on his back and said with a tone that was part demand, part hope, "Show me the vaccine."

Travis nodded at her and smiled. "Hi, My name is Travis Perkins, Amy, but please just call me Travis." He patted his pocket and then looked at her. "I am just going to reach into my pocket and get a small vial." Travis gently eased his hand into his pocket and pulled out a small vial of clear liquid. "This is a small vial of the cure, it is enough for three people. I have two more of these and just by looking around I am pretty sure that is not going to be enough."

He saw the look of disappointment in her eyes and smiled a little at her. "However I do have a way to get more. As soon as I know how many people you have here I can call in an air drop. It will contain food, supplies, enough cure for all of you and," he chuckled, 'Ammunition for any weapons you happen to have."

He looked at her and gestured at her."So Amy does that warrant an invitation inside?"
 
He smiled at her question. "Actually you don't. You basically have to take me at my word. All I can do is tell you that is the cure and hope you believe me. Of course we could wait until a Zombie shows up and test it out but I am guessing you don't want to wait that long."

He smiled again expecting her next question and was already reaching for the small outer pocket of his rucksack. He pulled out a small stack of papers and a card lik a drivers license. "Here you go Ma'am. The card shows that I am in the employ of the WHO and has my ID number on it and that I work out of the New York branch. These papers show that I am indeed carrying a cure and that I am authorized to distribute and administer it to individuals and groups. Finally this one is from the Air force saying I am authorized to use a Sat phone and call in air drops."

He handed them over for her to examine then held his hand out and took them back before storing them safely away again. He caught her hand gesture as she led him inside and guessed it was something along the lines of 'Stand down'. He also noticed as she pocketed the vial. "I would be careful with that if I was you Amy. Get the dose wrong and it does more harm than good. Too little and it doesn't work, too much and it can kill you," he warned her. He made no move to take it back, yet he didn't offer to tell her the correct dose either.

Travis enjoyed his little tour. He was surprised at how clean the place was and indeed even at how clean the people were. Then again they had a good area here and sanitary areas. Some of the places he had been, and the places he had found survivors you wouldn't have wished on your worst enemies. Holes in the ground with another hole dug in the corner for human waste covered with a towel if they were lucky. Water for drinking only, and bathing was something from the distant past. Still they had survived and that was a lot better than most people.

Here people were clean and had clean clothes. They had access to food from the sea and what they could grow. They had also done an excellent job in fortifying the place, but he was pretty sure that most of the weapons carried by these people were empty. There was just a certain way a person carried a loaded firearm and they were not doing it. They carried them too casually, as if they didn't care where they pointed them, or if they bumped them into things. It was if they just didn't expect them to go off.

Still he was pretty sure they could hold out against a casual assault, but he could understand why his offer was sorely needed. He chuckled at her story about how the place got it's name and as they got to their destination he listened carefully to her words and nodded. "I don't doubt it, but you needn't worry Ma'am, everything I told you is on the level."

As he got off the cart and followed her inside the gate he smiled at all the people watching and gave them a small wave. He was already planning the phone call he was going to have to make. He had a designated time to check in and that was not for several hours yet. Time enough to get all the information he would need from Amy if she was willing to trust him. Already he knew he was going to need 63 cure shots, the largest drop he had ever heard of. He was also going to need supplies and ammunition of course but what this place really needed was a desal plant. Even a small one would save heaps on water. A group this size might just warrant a generator as well. Scrounging fuel might be their problem but then again having a secure base out here might be to the WHO's advantage. He would push for it.Still first things first.

"So Amy is there a place where we should talk first on do I put this to all your people at once? I have to report in in..." he looked down at his watch, "two hours and 17 minutes. So far all I know is that you need 63 shots. How about we discuss what else I can do for you?"
 
Travis answered as many questions as he could. Yes he knew that there was a cure but he wasn't sure when it would make it's way out here. He knew of several other groups spread out across the country and yes there was a sort of Government set up. No there was no President but a council of sorts. He kept his answers vague as he didn't know how the leadership structure worked here and he didn't want to step on Amy's toes.

When she finally got everyone to back off and led him into the trailer she described as their 'City Hall' he was sort of glad. Not that he minded the questions, it was just becoming harder to evade giving out important information.

He was impressed at the amount of information they had been able to gather. All of the maps gathered in one place, he would definitely like to get a look at those. He had some old maps and a couple of satellite images the WHO had been able to get a hold of, but these looked like they had personal notes on and some had even been hand drawn.

He sat down opposite Amy and not unexpectedly she pulled out the vial. What was unexpected though was her stripping off most of her upper clothing. A blush rose in his face as he observed her nipples poking out of her thin top. It had been a while since he had been with a woman and she was good looking, if a little older than himself, however that mattered little to him.

Shaking himself he looked at her as she told him she wanted him to inject her. He had no problems doing so and reached for the vial and then his bag as he searched for a needle. As he pulled one out he heard the other man in the room voice his objections and offer to take her place. As he filled the needle with the correct dosage he waited for them to decide just who was taking it.

Finally they made up their minds and he gestured for her arm. "Now I can tell you a bit about this cure before I give it to. You see it is not so much a cure as it is a disease." He saw the shocked look on her face and he hastened along. "Now don't misjudge me. We...well when I say we I mean the WHO...worked out that the Z's didn't attack people that were sick, or diseased. So the cure actually makes you sick, but in a controlled way, this way the Z's ignore you. The problem is you may become a little sick after I give this to you and in some cases a lot sick. Don't worry as long as the dose is right no one has died. Normally you just get the sniffles and a slight headache. Worst case it's like a bad flu, you are just down for a few days."

He smiled and held it up. "Still want it?"

At her nod he quickly wiped her arm with an alcohol swab and then injected her. Then swapped out the needle and again measured out a dose and did the same for Carl. He then handed back the vial to Amy and smiled. "One more dose left. I suggest you keep it and decide who gets it. I will just request 60 doses from base."

He looked at both of them and relaxed a little. "That is going to take a few hours to work it's way into your system. While we wait do you mind if we eat a little and discuss a few things?"

Amy smiled and leaned out the door calling for some food and then sat back down. "Okay," Travis began, "Let me begin by telling you a bit about what is happening in the world. At the moment the WHO has a couple of bases around America. One in New York, One in Los Angeles and One in Denver. There are a few Army facilities as well but for obvious reasons I can't tell you where they are, and Washington is slowly being rebuilt." He shook his head, "Personally I think it is a waste of time but I am not one of the people in charge."

"At the moment communications with other countries is sketchy at best and travel there is out of the question. However as of two weeks ago there were people still alive in China, Australia, Russia, Great Britain and Germany that we know of."

The food he had requested arrived and he tucked into a plate of muscles, clams, and fish soup with gutso. "Sorry it's been awhile since I ate anything that smelled this good," he apologized.

After he had finished half the bowl he looked at the two of them. "Okay by the looks of things you have some decent weapons but no ammunition, and a lot of land but nothing to grow on it. I have a proposition for you. You have a good place here, and if you are willing to let the WHO use it occasionally I think I might just be able to swing a few important items for you. How does a generator and a Desal unit sound. Of course I would be able to get you supplies and ammunition and of course the cure no matter what. Now was there anything else you wanted to know?"
 
Travis was surprised by Amy's offhand remark about sharing his bed. Hell she was an attractive woman and all but he never really took gratuities like that. It was just to easy to fall into that trap. The amount of times he had been offered the same deal because he had cured someone or given them a few measly supplies, if he had taken them all up on it he was sure it would have changed him. Still there was something about her that was very appealing and he would probably only see her for a few days and then never again. What would be the harm?

His musings were interrupted as she passed him the bottle of rum and he took a small sip to be polite. He was not a big drinker but had learned how to fake it so as he passed it to Carl he wiped his lips he listened to her about Hanna and nodded. A good choice actually. If there was anything amiss it would give him a chance to show them how the cure worked and unfortunately he had a feeling that there was. Hopefully they were just hunkered down and could no longer get to the radio, but worse case...

Hanna turned out to be a rather young, beautiful, brunette. He was knocked back at her enthusiastic hug and kiss on his cheek after he had inoculated her and actually smiled as she left again wondering if she was offering to share his bed and how he would gently let the girl down.

Before he left to go to the trailer Amy denied him his kiss from her and for some strange reason he was actually disappointed, yet he was pleased that she was happy.

"Think nothing of it. This is my job, finding survivors and trying to make their lives a little easier. Who knows, one day we might actually find an actual cure for the Z's and get our world back. We just have to hold out until then."

He left with Carl and was escorted over to the trailer. It was amazingly comfortable inside with it's own kitchen, dining area with lounge seats and to the rear a large double bed. Heck it even had it's own toilet and shower. Carl saw his look and smiled. "Yeah she's a beauty, but for what you are promising I think you deserve it." Then his face turned blank and his voice got a little threatening. "Of course you better not be yanking our chains or there are other places here that are not so pleasant."

Smiling again he started walking away. "Dinners in an hour. I will come and pick you up."


Travis had been able to have his first shower in over two weeks and he actually felt clean again. Oh he had bathed in streams and sponged washed but a shower! It had been sooo good.

At dinner he had answered as many questions as he could while being vague on some of them. He kept news of the cure to himself but had mentioned that he might be able to help the camp out, although how he kept secret as well. He did tell about the outside world and what was going on, but again he kept it vague.

He was amazed at how much attention he got and eventually it was Amy who had to almost escort him out and back to the trailer. She said goodnight sort of cryptically and he walked in tired and shrugged off his shirt and headed for the bed before he spotted her.

He was shocked and stood stunned for a minute before he regained his senses. She meanwhile just looked at him with a cheeky smile and beckoned him towards the bed. Finally he recognized Hanna, okay he had not really been looking at her face so shoot him. It had been a long while since he had shared anyone's bed.

He walked towards her and finally stopped at the end of the bed and sighed. How was he going to get this girl out now. It was obvious she was not leaving and by all the signs she was actually horny and damn so was he. Oh to hell with it, it had just been far to long.

Removing the rest of his clothes he crawled on top of her and kissing her deeply he pulled her legs around his waist and sunk himself deep inside her. He was going to enjoy this young woman several times tonight but this first time was just going to be hard and fast.

He fucked her like an animal in heat, plunging into her time and time again, grunting and groaning before he pulled out and flipped her over, pulling her to her knees and entering her from behind. His thrusts became more urgent as he pounded harder and harder into her, their bodies slapping together and the place echoing to their cries.

Finally he felt the tingling in his balls and he thrust harder and harder into her before he began to come deep into her and he cried out his release before collapsing on top of her and then rolling to the side clutching her to him.

It was several minutes before he nuzzled her ear and spoke the first words he had since he had entered the trailer. "Just give me a few minutes my dear and we can start again, only this time we will take it a little slower," he chuckled.
 
Travis had woken up feeling slightly tired but feeling a hell of a lot better than he had in a long time. He was a little disappointed to find Hanna had slipped out sometime during the early hours of the morning but he guessed she had to live here and being seen coming out of the newcomers trailer might raise too many eyebrows.

He had acted normal around her during the briefing and as he had listened to Amy's plan he had to admit it sounded good. Of course her team hated it and he couldn't blame them. They couldn't be sure the cure worked and to have their boss risk herself was just too much for them. He knew she was going to be fine though but this was something they needed to work out between themselves.

Finally they had left and the plan had gone off without a hitch although he was afraid she was going to blow it by shooting when the Z's had charged her. However she had held her nerve and they had passed her just like he had promised her. After Carl and Hanna had rejoined them he smiled as he got another full blooded kiss and he blushed a little looking over at Amy. Still as Hanna asked about her question he nodded. "Sounds good to me. Now that you know the cure works we might as well do what we came to do."

They had piled into the small electric cart and ha driven off to Hanna's house to find it surrounded by a small group of Z's. Hanna had panicked but Travis and Amy calmed her down. The house itself hadn't been breached and still looked secure and the Z's were just sitting around.

"Looks like everyone inside has gone into hiding so the Z's don't attack. No wonder you haven't heard anything. Problem is once we attack they will come for us. This cure is fine if you do nothing but the moment you attack or are aggressive then they will notice you. I suggest we make sure we know where they all are and take out as many quietly as we can, then use our guns as a last resort."

Amy and Carl nodded and even Hanna had reluctantly but resolutely nodded. Amy had sent Hanna to guard the front door and pick off any she saw at the front and then sent Carl to the right while she went left. Travis moved to the rear of the house and began counting. He saw four Z's just standing around and signaled to Amy and Carl. Amy signaled back 4 and Carl 5. Travis held up his hand again and held up 2 fingers meaning he could kill 2 silently. Amy held up 1 and Carl 2.

Travis nodded and drew a large machete from his back and placed a full riding mask on. He had been reassured by the WHO doctors time and time again that only a bite could turn him but he still wasn't taking any chances of getting blood in his mouth or eyes.

He casually walked up to one of the Z's that was standing far away from the rest and lopped of it's head. The rest stirred a little but remained motionless and he walked to his next target and did the same. Now the remaining two took notice. The scent of blood had them raising their heads and moving towards him and he raised the mask so it did not obstruct his view and raised his rifle. He hadn't heard any other shots yet but his two were getting mighty close. Shrugging he took aim and as they started running he fired off two quick shots and was running towards the front even as their heads exploded in red mist.

As he rounded the corner he heard two shots from far out then two from near the door. He also heard three from the other side of the house. Quickly taking in the situation Travis picked off the Z that had escaped Carl and then ran towards Amy's side but saw her walk around the corner smiling. "All good here."

Hana was beside herself, anxious to get inside and check on her parents. Travis checked the door, but as he thought, it was locked and he and Carl had to use force to break it in. All four of them searched high and low before Hanna noticed a new addition in the kitchen and Carl opened up a trapdoor into a small dugout room. Her parents were in it, passed out from exhaustion and suffering from dehydration but alive. Another day or so and they might not have been.

Carl and Travis carried them out to the cart and sent them back to camp. Amy and him would walk back. He watched as they quickly left and turning to Amy he gestured back towards camp. "Well shall we. It is a bit of a walk and we should probably leave the area. The noise will probably attract any Z's in the area."
 
Travis had expected them to head back to camp, or Fort Zippy, but Amy had turned and headed out further with a suggestion of a Walk.

Travis didn't know what this ladies definition of a walk generally was, but a three hour march through woods growing out of sandy ground while being careful not to bump into any slumbering Z's was not his.

Finally they had come upon a nice house sitting in a clearing. It looked picturesque and he began to walk towards it before he saw that Amy hadn't moved. He backtracked to stand beside her and saw the faraway look of someone more lost in their memories than seeing what was in front of them. He waited politely and sure enough she began speaking to him in a quiet monotone sort of way.

She told him about her past in such a way that it was like it was painful for her, but she just had to tell someone before it became too much for her. As she drew her sidearm and headed for the door, Travis did the same. It was not a good sign to find the place unlocked and as he followed her in he could spot that the place had been looted.

It looked like everything of value had been taken, well everything of value in this new world. All electrical appliances were still here but the TV was smashed. The cupboards were bare and all the cutlery and sharp knives were gone.

He followed Amy through the house watching her search the rooms until she sat on the end of the bed and just stared at the wall while he stood in the doorway. He holstered his gun and was about to go back to the kitchen when he heard her start to cry.Turning back he saw her just sitting there, tears streaming down her face as sobs wracked her body. He guessed she had just reached her limit and with no one around to see her she had given in to her feelings of despair.

He let her cry for a few minutes knowing she needed it, then walked in and sat beside her and drew her into his arms, providing warmth and comfort. He rubbed her back and said nonsense words, just letting her know he was there for her until she calmed down enough that she would actually hear him.

"It's okay Amy, we all need to let it out sometime," he smiled down at her. "Besides it's a good thing we found no sign of her. It probably means she got out of here and is holed up some other place. Don't worry I will keep an eye out for her. You just give me a picture when we get back," he told her smiling.

Holding her tighter he rocked her a little. "Damn, this is going to be a hell of a story to tell at dinner tonight," he teased her trying to get her spirits back up, "I wonder what everyone will say," he chuckled.
 
Travis was a little surprised at the way things had turned, but he was not going to pass on the opportunity. He pulled her in a little closer with the hand upon her back and kissed her back, gently at first and then a little deeper, allowing his tongue to gently seek access to her mouth and then to begin dueling with her tongue.

If this was as far as it went he was fine with that, but god help him, he hoped she wanted a hell of a lot more than this.
 
She was not the only one to be saying Fuck. Travis might have only gotten some relief last night but he had been hard and ready to do so again when she had suddenly backed away. He felt the ache in his balls as he buttoned himself back up and then stood up to do up his belt.

He looked at her with a mixture of understanding and longing and then sighed. "Yeah, we wouldn't want to be caught out after dark."

Reluctantly he gathered up his rifle and then walking over he kissed her softly and smiled. "I get it, really I do. However if you ever change your mind I am more than willing to help you out," he chuckled, "believe me."

They checked their weapons then walked out the door and stopped to let their eyes adjust to the light before proceeding back the way they had come. They were able to move a little quicker as they knew there were no Z's in the vicinity and Travis decided to try chatting to her.

"So I know you used to be a cop, but I am guessing you did some time in the forces." He smiled at her as he blushed a little. "Sorry I did too and there is just something about the way you move. Like can pick like I guess. I always know if a person I meet has ever been in. Me, i was in the Marines. Made it all the way to Sergeant if you can believe that. Was a scout and worked with some good people. Lost a few too." He slipped into his memories for a second then shook his head and came back. "What about you?"

He listened to her reply and nodded. "Guess our lives are pretty similar. I got out and became a cop as well. Still tried to protect people as well I guess. In my case though I got good people to back me up and a nice quiet area. I was able to take time off to fish and hunt although most time I just liked to track the animal and I found myself taking pictures of them. Oh not to say I didn't kill a few, Venison tastes really nice after all, but I never killed any more than I needed."

He walked on in silence until they got to Hanna's place and they turned towards were they had left the bikes. As they were almost to the place they had left them he stopped her and looked into her eyes. "Look Amy, you know the cure works now. Tonight I can call in that air drop and if I can get that extra stuff for you I might be here for maybe a week administrating the cure and helping you set up. Then I will have to move on and I will probably never see you again. I get why you can't sleep with anyone that you have under your command, but if you don't do it with someone you are going to go crazy."

He blushed a little and let go of her arm and shrugged. "I know what I am talking about. It gets lonely out here and let's just say Mrs Palmer is just no substitute," he chuckled," as I'm sure you are probably aware. What I am saying is you have one week to make up your mind and although as a man I am hoping you take me up on my offer, I am urging you to for your sanity as well." He looked at her and chuckled."Okay maybe more as a man. You are very good looking you know."

He turned to walk back to the bikes and retrieved them with her then they rode back to Fort Zippy and made it back before nightfall. He let her approach first and handle security and then waited to see what she wanted to do next. After all until he had to make the phone call she had a few decisions to make.
 
Travis had enjoyed the homecoming. He had been surprised at how quickly word had got around about the effects of the cure, but when he saw the grins on Hanna's and Carl's faces he knew they had not been able to keep their mouths shut. Still who could blame them. He had been injected awhile ago and he still found it amazing.

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur. Not because of any alcoholic effects. He never drank much when he was out on the road. More because he had so many people talking to him and offering him things. He had turned them all down politely and seeing the hurt in their eyes he had simply shown them his backpack explaining he had nowhere to put anything. If he took from one he had to take from all and he just couldn't carry it. That had changed the frowns to smiles and later he was presented with a simple necklace from everybody. He slipped it around his neck and made sure it was visible to all.

As the time for the phone call arrived he was about to make his excuses when Amy came to say goodnight. She was exhausted and he smiled and waved her off when she mentioned how her group had needed something like this, and how she herself had.

As she walked away he watched her with a bit of a longing look that was interrupted when Hanna brushed up against him and whispered in his ear about her 'Need'. Travis groaned but told her he needed at least Half an hour by himself to make the call and then watched her walk off in the figure hugging pants.

Tearing his eyes away he made his way to the trailer and set up the Sat phone then waited for the connection to establish itself before hey keyed in a few pass codes so the thing worked. Then he waited while he was identified through a series of passwords and call signs before he finally began to give his report.

As he thought as soon as he mentioned the location and amount of survivors he was asked to wait and he was transferred to the higher ups. He was not prepared however to get his bosses. Professor Donavon was a short fiery red head that had a temper to match but was brilliant. LT Col Pierce was a no nonsense man that did things by the book but was learning to adapt in the new world.

He reported the situation to both and they were excited about the possibility of having a new base to work from. They agreed to send a Desal plant, two solar generators, seeds, tools, ammunition, guns, supplies, a permanent Sat phone and of course the cure for everyone. Pierce even had maps of the area and would drop the cure and supplies etc first as close as he could to the fort tomorrow. The plane would do one circuit overhead before dropping the cargo.

Over the next two days the Desal plant and the Generators would be dropped. Travis would need to clear landing zones. His best bet was the beach and flares would be included so he could mark out the LZ. They also wanted to talk to the leader tomorrow. Travis smiled and said he would make sure she was available.

As he signed off he felt good. He had gotten everything he had wanted and more. He packed up and replaced the phone in his bag and then stripped down. He was so excited he even forgot about Hanna's visit and her words to him. When she finally walked in after giving him enough time to make his call, she found him fast asleep on the bed.
 
Travis watched with a puzzled frown the next day as instead of the regular Hercules he had been expecting, a twin prop executive type plane flew over. He tried to keep the puzzled look off his face so as not to alarm any of the fort's inhabitants, especially Amy, and he just put it down to WHO wanting to get a very close look at the site.

Still he had to admit they did deliver. He got a lot more than he asked for. There was extra Vaccine, rations and guns and ammunition. It looked like the organization really wanted this place to survive.

After another night of celebrations the big stuff arrived and he was again surprised when some heavy guns were included. 50 cal machine guns, Sniper rifles with sophisticated scopes, binoculars with night vision capabilities and even some drones. Carl was like a kid in a candy store when he saw them and took charge immediately, taking them to the wall and setting them up where they could be best utilized.

By days end the Desal plant was up and running as were the solar generators and most of the camp was plugged in. They would still have to ration power until they reached full capacity but it would only take a few days.

The last drop tomorrow would contain some radio gear, and the sat phone and then he would be saying his goodbyes. He wondered if Amy would take him up on his offer and he had just got out of the shower and was in his boxers when there was a knock on his door. He was about to answer it when Hanna walked in and looked at him. For once she was wearing a nice dress and he had to admit she still looked good. She told him of her parents decision to leave and he was a little stunned. He had heard rumors of people wanting to leave but he had been busy teaching people how to handle the new weapons and setting up the generators and the desal plant to pay too much attention.

Then she started to unbutton the dress and he saw she was naked underneath and then came the proposition he knew was coming. "I want you to come with us, Travis. Please?"

He moved forward shaking his head and grabbed her hands, stopping her from undoing the last of her buttons and shrugging out of her dress.

"There's no need for that Hanna. You could have just asked me to go with you without trying to bribe me with your body you know," he said a little grumpily. "You are worth a lot more than that and don't let anyone tell you otherwise," he smiled at her. He gestured for her to do herself back up then made her sit down on one of the seats and fetched her a drink.

"I really don't think you should leave here and I will try to convince your parents to stay. Maybe they will listen to me as I have been out there. Believe me, Zombies are not the only thing you have to watch out for, and lately they have been the easiest thing to avoid. The roaming gangs have been getting wilder as they have been getting more organized and as food has been getting scarce let's just say they have been taking to eating alternative foodstuffs."

He didn't know if she would get the reference but he would definitely try and convince her parents. In fact maybe he should see Amy about talking to everyone tomorrow night. If these rumors were true there might be a lot of people trying to leave. Anything he could do to stop it he would. It was way more dangerous out there than people thought. Still some would not be convinced until they experienced it themselves.

He chatted with Hanna for a little while then kissed her on the cheek and sent her back home. She was a nice girl and although his balls urged him to take her up on her offer, he knew he couldn't. He had a job to do and she would want more than just a guide back to their place.

Retiring for the night he glanced at Amy's trailer as he closed the door behind Hanna. Tomorrow morning he would definitely have to talk to her. Shutting the door he turned off the light and crawled into bed exhausted and quickly fell asleep.
 
Back
Top