A Nudge in the Right Direction

cascadiabound

MrTs barmaid
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Posts
26,512
:rose: A Nudge in the Right Direction :rose:

Do you know anyone in Lit-land who is having a tough time? Is a little bit at sea? Experiencing a rough patch in their lives? Maybe a sticky medical issue. Or a family crisis. An impending death or recent bereavement. The list could be very long...

Sometimes people here are very public about the things going on with them. We all have seen whole threads devoted to people and the stuff they are going through. However, sometimes people prefer to be very private and only tell a few people one on one about the things that weigh heavy on their hearts.

I recall when I first came to Lit, I found a little thread in a little corner of the board called the "Fuck You Cancer" thread. It meant a lot to me. And it has been a wonderful place of support for lots of Litsters facing cancer and who are touched by cancer in those they love. It made me know that this place is not just about people being horny and perving all the time.

Cancer totally sucks, but there are SO many other things that people suffer with and from. Things that people need a little extra support and care. A few extra virtual hugs, positive thoughts, prayers, good karmic energy, call it whatever you like... these things, I truly believe can have a tangible impact on a persons well being.

Therefore I would like to make a modest proposal... that when we have someone here that we particularly want to hold in our hearts...to let them know we are thinking of them... that we add to our signature line a compass graphic. Maybe you leave it in your signature for a few days or a week or two when you know someone is having a particularly hard time. Or around the time of a funeral, or while someone is waiting for a diagnosis... or, or, or.

Why a compass? The compass is directional and the four points North, South, East and West are marked on its face. It is a simple tool harkening back to sailors and ships traversing the stormy seas on their way home from a long journey. It is essential for the traveler, a symbol of guidance, and the ability to point you in the right direction.

I have spent a lot of time in the wilderness and on the water... and for me, a compass is a symbol of security. No matter how afraid I am... no matter how dark it is, or how big the seas are, if I have a compass, I have a tool that will help me find my way... I am not lost. It is a symbol of hope... and guidance even when things seem almost too much to bear.



She kept her trusty compass with her all times
to guide her through each new twist and turn on her journey.
Queenisms


Here are a few different compass graphics that could be used in signature lines. I would love to see these all over the board... A sign that we care for each other.


RFRxJsN.jpg
XmiaEfH.jpg
CA0QDoD.jpg
Vc4HVUO.jpg
ldm2nTC.jpg

Cascadiabound :heart:
 
Last edited:
Haikus....

The Compass


I have my compass

It points the way and uplifts

My weary spirit



Thank you all dear friends

For wearing yours in support

Together, we'll thrive



m3L0Cnu.jpg
 
Let your heart be your compass, your mind your map,
your soul your guide and you will never get lost.

Ritu Ghatourey​
 
Life is a voyage that's homeward bound.
Stay on the right path. He that has patience may compass anything.
François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
 
I think every one of us needs to know we are not alone, and that there are people who care. Thank you for reminding us all, CB. :rose: :heart:
 
New-wholesale-Bronze-font-b-Antique-b-font-font-b-compass-b-font-font-b-pocket.jpg


I want to thank everyone who is holding me in their good care...
It means more to me than I could ever say.​
~~:rose::heart::rose::heart::rose:~~​
 
"Life is a voyage that's homeward bound. Stay on the right path.
He (she) [sic] that has patience may compass anything."

François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
 
I find that I always keep a compass with me, I think they are fascinating. I added one in my signature for those who are struggling to find the right direction as well as health.
 
Back
Top