The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

The coffee is hot and fresh.

I had pancakes for breakfast, which led to a nap, which led to cuddling, which led to.... :devil: Which led to a nap.

Now there's a time loop that works for me. :D

I'd do some writing but I'm too damned relaxed to think about it.

Morning all,

The coffee is hot and fresh.

I had pancakes for breakfast, which led to a nap, which led to cuddling, which led to.... :devil: Which led to a nap.

Now there's a time loop that works for me. :D

I'd do some writing but I'm too damned relaxed to think about it.

One might feel slightly envious, but it's simply too bloody cold at present.
I'm getting seriously peeved with Windoze 7. 168 updates; and they were not all run !

Now, wherfe's the coffee?
Ah yes, hiding.

Late afternoon here and a ton of writing got done. Houseguest was asking some pointed questions about an unfinished story. It is now finished. Funny how an extra set of eyes can see things that have set in front of me for months or even years. :eek:

Fresh coffee is now available.

We have a Christmas tree! It's fake, with lighting pre-installed. But its new and this year I didn't have to set it up and fluff it.

The kids (over thirty) come over tomorrow to decorate, then come Tuesday my wife disappears for most of two weeks.

We have a Christmas tree! It's fake, with lighting pre-installed. But its new and this year I didn't have to set it up and fluff it.

The kids (over thirty) come over tomorrow to decorate, then come Tuesday my wife disappears for most of two weeks.

A few days back, the Housemate and Houseguest disappeared for an afternoon. Later that evening, I came out of the office to find the lamp missing from the corner by the windows in the living room and a round table with a green plastic tree on it. The tree is about four feet high and looks pretty real until you get up close and personnel with it.

They have it decorated with all sorts of tiny glass balls and ornaments. The end of each limb has a colored led light made into it. The light randomly flash. All in all a very beautiful tree.

It seems it was in storage and hadn't been used in over twenty years. It belonged to Houseguests Mother-in-law and she had inherited it when said mother-in-law passed away a number of years ago.

I gave up on decorating for holidays a long time ago but I am happy to see my two ladies smiling and laughing under the twinkle of the lights from that tree,

Coffee for the late crew is ready.

I gave up on decorating for holidays a long time ago but I am happy to see my two ladies smiling and laughing under the twinkle of the lights from that tree,

Coffee for the late crew is ready.

Ahh... You're getting mushy.

Ah, pretty lights on a little tree.
I wonder if I can find the space, let alone bother with decorations; I put the odd 'festive' thing up (last year it was a couple of nice LED candles) and a little birch thing with lights.
I really must think about it this year.

But it's a bloody cold morning and I have to go out.
But first - Coffee please

We live in a conifer forest, mostly Western Cedar and Douglas-Fir -- none of the white fir preferred for XMas trees. A neighbor bought a multi-colored laser multi-beamer, sited along the roadway, that flashes all trees in the vicinity. Spreading tinsel on a few branches really boosts the effect. An XMas tree wonderland out here in the boonies...

We do have a small tree up and we'll drag out the larger one, both good-looking fakes. Mostly we put Santa hats atop our Mexican Katarinas and skulls, santos, and the skeleton occupying our sofa. Hang odd colored lights on the porch and we're done.

Good news: I'm alive. (Some on GB may disagree.) Bad news: Outpatient laser eye surgery hurts. Hopefully, only one more session is needed. More cardiologists will poke around my heart next week and a week later. All I want for XMas is a new left ventricle.

Breakfast today: the usual granola bar, yogurt, banana, mint tea, and many pills. Dinner tonight: teriyaki'd chicken, garden veggies, diet ginger ale, and fewer pills. Oh yeah, I can have all the beer and ale I want, as long as the words 'diet' and 'ginger' are in there. [/me futilely sniffs my partner's triple espresso] No pills at lunch and midnight snack, whew.

Oh damn, there's rum eggnog in the espresso. Drown me now.

We live in a conifer forest, mostly Western Cedar and Douglas-Fir -- none of the white fir preferred for XMas trees. A neighbor bought a multi-colored laser multi-beamer, sited along the roadway, that flashes all trees in the vicinity. Spreading tinsel on a few branches really boosts the effect. An XMas tree wonderland out here in the boonies...

We do have a small tree up and we'll drag out the larger one, both good-looking fakes. Mostly we put Santa hats atop our Mexican Katarinas and skulls, santos, and the skeleton occupying our sofa. Hang odd colored lights on the porch and we're done.

Good news: I'm alive. (Some on GB may disagree.) Bad news: Outpatient laser eye surgery hurts. Hopefully, only one more session is needed. More cardiologists will poke around my heart next week and a week later. All I want for XMas is a new left ventricle.

Breakfast today: the usual granola bar, yogurt, banana, mint tea, and many pills. Dinner tonight: teriyaki'd chicken, garden veggies, diet ginger ale, and fewer pills. Oh yeah, I can have all the beer and ale I want, as long as the words 'diet' and 'ginger' are in there. [/me futilely sniffs my partner's triple espresso] No pills at lunch and midnight snack, whew.

Oh damn, there's rum eggnog in the espresso. Drown me now.

Fingers crossed

A pleasant afternooner to all,

It has been a busy day. The first of the ten novels was released this morning. :D

Fresh coffee all around.

A pleasant afternooner to all,

It has been a busy day. The first of the ten novels was released this morning. :D

Fresh coffee all around.

Well, the centre bit of the new aerial was finished and the plug fitted (it fits quite well). Tomorrow, we are expecting rain (Booh! :( ) but I'm taking my camera out again; I've been missing the occasional snap.
I really must have a close look for that charger. . . .

Tea, I think. :)

Good evening. :rose:

I doubt I'll do more decorating this year. I'm laid up with inflammation in the back/side/rib muscles. The doctor ordered a week of bed rest along with muscle relaxers and heat. I almost made it through the year without an ambulance ride. :(

I doubt I'll do more decorating this year. I'm laid up with inflammation in the back/side/rib muscles. The doctor ordered a week of bed rest along with muscle relaxers and heat. I almost made it through the year without an ambulance ride. :(

:( :rose:

Thanks, MP. :rose:

How have you been?

Bit rough around the edges lately but getting better. Working on staying in the moment. Reading a lovely fantasy book series that starts with "The Invisible Library." Adventure, mystery and light romance. I highly recommend it if you like that sort of reading.

Sorry, feel better. :rose:

Bit rough around the edges lately but getting better. Working on staying in the moment. Reading a lovely fantasy book series that starts with "The Invisible Library." Adventure, mystery and light romance. I highly recommend it if you like that sort of reading.

I will add it to my list.

The girls (well, the two older ones anyway) came over to help decorate the tree. Now we're trying to figure out how to order dinner from the very Mexican restaurant down the street. I think I'll do tacos: barbacoa and pastor.

:rose: :kiss:

Hang in there kiddo. I usually get that under my shoulder blades at least once a year. A pure pain in the, uh, back.

A big pot of spaghetti tonight. More than enough to have the left overs for lunch tomorrow. :eek:

Ambulance rides suck but they often beat the alternative. My last was in 2001 and that was quite recent enough, thank you. I'm also on no-exertion orders now. Yes, lounging in a recliner with my laptop was prescribed!

I feel great sympathy for your pain. Good luck on a speedy recovery!
_____

I'll talk more about 'ukuleles later.

Horror of horrors. My French Press just broke in the critical early morning hours before I leave for work! Quelle horreur! I am reduced to using a kitchen sieve as the filter in an attack of improvisation. Coffee needed while I put in an hour of writing before I head out the door.

Congrats, Tex, on that FIRST OF TEN! Holy moley. That must be an epic of sorts. Well done and I bet that's gratifying. I met my 30 November deadline, got my short story out ....Relief! ... except I just picked up a couple of errors. New version heading of momentarily.

And mow ..... it's on to the next one.

French-Press-Coffee.jpg

:rose: :kiss:

Hang in there kiddo. I usually get that under my shoulder blades at least once a year. A pure pain in the, uh, back.

A big pot of spaghetti tonight. More than enough to have the left overs for lunch tomorrow. :eek:

Ambulance rides suck but they often beat the alternative. My last was in 2001 and that was quite recent enough, thank you. I'm also on no-exertion orders now. Yes, lounging in a recliner with my laptop was prescribed!

I feel great sympathy for your pain. Good luck on a speedy recovery!
_____

I'll talk more about 'ukuleles later.

Thanks. :rose:

I'm not good at resting. When I know there are things to be done, I do them. Like grocery shopping. Laundry. Dishes. Vacuuming. :rolleyes:

Thanks. :rose:

I'm not good at resting. When I know there are things to be done, I do them. Like grocery shopping. Laundry. Dishes. Vacuuming. :rolleyes:

One way ride to the morgue. :eek:

Don't make me come up there and tie you to the bed.

Horror of horrors. My French Press just broke in the critical early morning hours before I leave for work! Quelle horreur! I am reduced to using a kitchen sieve as the filter in an attack of improvisation. Coffee needed while I put in an hour of writing before I head out the door.

Congrats, Tex, on that FIRST OF TEN! Holy moley. That must be an epic of sorts. Well done and I bet that's gratifying. I met my 30 November deadline, got my short story out ....Relief! ... except I just picked up a couple of errors. New version heading of momentarily.

And mow ..... it's on to the next one.

Now you know why I never trust a French appliance. :D

I use a twenty dollar Walmart coffee pot and keep a second one under the counter as a back up. Better safe than no coffee.

The first nine average 52k each so by the end of ten it will be a little over half a million words. It crosses three generations so that spreads it out over the past, present, and future. I still have to write the last book. I'm about a quarter done. It is taking a little longer since I'm wrapping up a few loose ends and adding in a twisted twist.

If I find errors in the final print, I can always blame it on my editor and the proofreaders. Not that there is ever anything like perfect copy. Anyway, my editor and her coven of proofreaders would burn me at the stake.

Congrats on make the November deadline. Keep up the good work.

Okay, fresh coffee all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back