The 12th Annual Literotica Award Nominations: Most Literary--Genre Transcending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
In this category, please nominate the story that you feel was the most literary - the one that is so well-written that it would stand alone as a literary work. Story must be currently on Literotica, and must have been submitted during the year 2010.

Note: in the title of the award, "literary" and "genre-transcending" are used as two separate adjectives, meant to describe a story which is excellent as a tale told regardless of the boundaries of the erotica genre. This doesn't necessarily mean your favorite story.

One nomination per person, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.

Last edited:
Fighting the Inevitable by JazCullen (and all other saga's in same series)

Statues in the Snow by FridayAM.

With all due respect, I think people might want to look up what "literary" and "genre-transcending" mean (that's not a dig at all; just that some of the stories here would most definitely class as commercial or genre fiction).

Statues in the Snow by FridayAM.

With all due respect, I think people might want to look up what "literary" and "genre-transcending" mean (that's not a dig at all; just that some of the stories here would most definitely class as commercial or genre fiction).

With all due respect back thats the point of the votes being classed as genre-transcending...
they translate on more than one level and stand alone without a genre behind them, they could be published as general fiction not as bdsm/non-erotic/insest/non-human specific genre's

With all due respect back thats the point of the votes being classed as genre-transcending...
they translate on more than one level and stand alone without a genre behind them, they could be published as general fiction not as bdsm/non-erotic/insest/non-human specific genre's

I can see what you mean re. translating as somethinng other than erotic fiction, but then why the inclusion of "literary" in the same title? Maybe Laurel can clarify?

I can see what you mean re. translating as somethinng other than erotic fiction, but then why the inclusion of "literary" in the same title? Maybe Laurel can clarify?

If you read her introduction it says Literary - stand alone fiction..it does not nessisarily need to have a specific genre tag attatched to it

If you read her introduction it says Literary - stand alone fiction..it does not nessisarily need to have a specific genre tag attatched to it

Literary is a genre, though -- as in, literary fiction. Literary and genre fiction are quite different animals, hence why I understand something "literary" to transcend genre fiction.

Standing alone and being literary are two entirely different things. If the general consensus is "story of literary quality" then I stand by what I said originally.

Literary is a genre, though -- as in, literary fiction. Literary and genre fiction are quite different animals, hence why I understand something "literary" to transcend genre fiction.

Standing alone and being literary are two entirely different things. If the general consensus is "story of literary quality" then I stand by what I said originally.

Laurel put them together in this nomination so in here they're together no matter what the outside world says. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back