Hyper-Inflation

Soon, Bam-Bam, the "fuck you" man, will bring us yet another hystorical moment:

The hyperinflation of 1914-1923 will be repeated 100 years later (that's 2014-2023 for those of you who majored in non-scientific studies).

"Uh, we inherited deficit spending when we came into office. Bush did it; wasn't me."

1923StacksOfMarks.jpg

Oh look, Contweaka, we almost have enough
for Pop's doctor visit co-pay today!

LMAO.

Yeah, the whole world economy going down, this is you and Ish's fight?

LMAO.

Yeah, the whole world economy going down, this is you and Ish's fight?

Certainly not mine; I have no dog in this fight at all. My trust fund is safe and secure irrespective of what Bam-Bam and y'all do. Mine is more of a socio-economic- political/historical rant-worthy perspective. Personally? Couldn't care less.

Sort of like the feud between the Bloods and the Crypts.

... and, between BB and myself, Sean, which one is supposed to be Ish?

Or did I miss something there?

Certainly not mine; I have no dog in this fight at all. My trust fund is safe and secure irrespective of what Bam-Bam and y'all do. Mine is more of a socio-economic- political/historical rant-worthy perspective. Personally? Couldn't care less.
If there is hyper inflation your trust fund gets vaporized right away.

And where will we get hyper inflation with there being a surplus of goods? The excess money you're talking about isn't falling into the hands of consumers.

The first idiot who fires off with $20 per apple is out of business pronto. Ain't nobody comin' to buy. Not with apple trees sprouting up in people's yards.

Gasoline is another issue, but there are 16 year old boys turning trucks into electric trucks. Guess who's gonna be rich if hyperinflation strikes gasoline?

Guess who's gonna be rich if hyperinflation strikes gasoline?

Saudis and Chavez.

Hyperinflation will make batteries for electric cars cost $50k.

Every half-way decent economist was warning about hyper-inflation almost a year ago...

so how exactly is this Obama's fault?

Hell, I mentioned it multiple times around the time of the first stimulus.

You're just reaching now.

Every half-way decent economist was warning about hyper-inflation almost a year ago...

so how exactly is this Obama's fault?

Hell, I mentioned it multiple times around the time of the first stimulus.

You're just reaching now.
But how is it going to happen? The excess money isn't falling into the consumer's hands. There isn't a resource shortage strong enough to support this. We may see imports go sky high and that'll hit oil. Is that the foot in the door that you're looking at?

And there are no signs of it yet.

If it does come, it will likely be like the inflation of the 1970s, which was not caused by loose monetary policy but by a real cost external to the American economy, i.e., the rising cost of imported petroleum. Of course, that oil shock was rooted in cartelization and geopolitics. The next one would be rooted in the Peak Oil problem, i.e., running up against actual physical limits in the global petroleum supply.

Bear in mind that, if not caused by such an external cost, inflation is not always a bad thing and may be a symptom of real economic growth.

I doubt we will see hyperinflation, but starting in about 5 years we will probably average 15 - 20% inflation per year.

I'm disappointed. Hyper-inflation on an erotica board and you're talking about the economy? :rolleyes:

Nonono, THIS is hyper-inflation:
infl2.jpg

And there are no signs of it yet.

If it does come, it will likely be like the inflation of the 1970s, which was not caused by loose monetary policy but by a real cost external to the American economy, i.e., the rising cost of imported petroleum. Of course, that oil shock was rooted in cartelization and geopolitics. The next one would be rooted in the Peak Oil problem, i.e., running up against actual physical limits in the global petroleum supply.

Bear in mind that, if not caused by such an external cost, inflation is not always a bad thing and may be a symptom of real economic growth.
So it does boil down to the potentially rising cost of oil. And this could be exacerbated by the loss of value of the U.S. Dollar as a result of too much money floating in the clouds way above the consumers' hands.

But... if you're right, there's nothing that Obama or Bush could do right, that would stop oil spike-based inflation.

I'll tell you what, when I go home tonight it won't be on all fours puking my guts out on the sidewalk.:rolleyes:

LOL, this is your attack mode, it's because you have nothing else. You're a Hannah Montanah ersion of A-J. You must be so proud.

Back