The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Labor Day weekend--summer's last hurrah. The Fiestas de Santa Fe start tonight with the burning of Zozobra (Old Man Gloom) at sunset. Time to party!

We've had lots of balloons up this week, until today. Maybe I just couldn't see them.

They are having a sailboat regatta in downtown Houston this weekend. :cool:

Uh, they may be talking about a different kind of grass but then again, what do I know.;)

Lunch? What's for lunch?

Well, it's starting to feel like Fall. A cool 69F outside and I am up really early for a full on day of writing. Laundry is in, coffee is on and smelling better by the second and my toast is almost ready.... And now, 16 hours of non-stop writing. Can I finish "Sammi Woo" this weekend? God, I hope so!!!! Wish me luck coz if it's not done by EOD Monday, it's not making it in ....:eek:

db9cf89ea85769352f1b1a9dc19151b6--saturday-morning-quotes-saturday-coffee.jpg

Morning all.

The coffee is brewing and there are donuts on the counter.

Good luck Chloe.

HP, religion is like politics and should be checked at the door. ;)

Hypoxia, the navy is always welcome, even if they do make an occasional wrong turn.

Today I see if my lawnmower is waterproof.

Morning all.

The coffee is brewing and there are donuts on the counter.

Good luck Chloe.

HP, religion is like politics and should be checked at the door. ;)

Hypoxia, the navy is always welcome, even if they do make an occasional wrong turn.

Coffee AND doughnuts ? Pure heaven!
You must tell us if your lawnmower IS waterproof, Tx.

An amusing picture has recently surfaced round here.
As you may know, our centre of Government is either the Houses of Parliament or No 10 Downing St (where the office of the Prime Minister is located).
It's a bit of a tourist stop-spot and a Police Notice was seen which read
"Thieves Are Operating in this area."

Most of us who've seen it would quite agree.

:)

We have plenty of honest politicians around here.
(Honest politician: one who stays bought.)
But we don't allow them in our homes.

I digress. I won't whine about further eye surgeries but keyboarding is difficult. Record heatwave in the region -- San Francisco hit an all-time high yesterday, and today will be hotter inland. We could use some rain. Send a hurricane this way, hey? And has anyone here experienced the energetic pain relief of cannabis coffee? No, me neither.

I digress. I won't whine about further eye surgeries but keyboarding is difficult. Record heatwave in the region -- San Francisco hit an all-time high yesterday, and today will be hotter inland. We could use some rain. Send a hurricane this way, hey? And has anyone here experienced the energetic pain relief of cannabis coffee? No, me neither.

Speech-to-text and the reverse is available for a computer.
You might find it beneficial to try it.
There's also a keyboard with HUGE keys; a bit extreme, perhaps, but possibly beneficial on occasions.

Good Luck

I have a small computer from a friend who had diabetic retinopathy. They put lovely LARGE stickers on the keys for him. People often comment on it. I tried to take one off once and gave up. I've had it for several years and they are stuck solidly on still. I'm not sure if they came from an office supply store, Amazon or some special adaptive device place.

Thanks for the suggestions, HP and MP. I'm in a (hopefully) brief rough patch. Right now it's like the lower half of my left eye works fairly well, and the right will be further repaired within the week. Working the computer means having the laptop just so on my lap, with room lights set just so, and squinting and bobbing my head. It's manageable.

Again, I consider the the world's travails, and my own, and no, I have nothing to whine about. A severe problem caught in time; aggressively competent treatment, covered by MediCare and Blue Shield; the prospect of having most vision restored. Life is good.

But I do tire of squinting.

I've been writing a lot. The story is at 15,000 words and still going. If only I had a Dr Pepper, that would make it perfect. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, HP and MP. I'm in a (hopefully) brief rough patch. Right now it's like the lower half of my left eye works fairly well, and the right will be further repaired within the week. Working the computer means having the laptop just so on my lap, with room lights set just so, and squinting and bobbing my head. It's manageable.

Again, I consider the the world's travails, and my own, and no, I have nothing to whine about. A severe problem caught in time; aggressively competent treatment, covered by MediCare and Blue Shield; the prospect of having most vision restored. Life is good.

But I do tire of squinting.

Indeed. I had a colonoscopy that detected a poly too large to be removed during that procedure and I shall likely require abdominal surgery . . . paid for by Medicare and the 29 years I spend in the military. I was told that it would definitely NOT require a colostomy so life remains good. My lady friend says that she is determined to make sure I live forever. I'm in favor of that . . .

I've been writing a lot. The story is at 15,000 words and still going. If only I had a Dr Pepper, that would make it perfect. :)
Writing is good. :rose: Dr. Pepper wasn't as good as I remembered, last time I had it.
Indeed. I had a colonoscopy that detected a poly too large to be removed during that procedure and I shall likely require abdominal surgery . . . paid for by Medicare and the 29 years I spend in the military. I was told that it would definitely NOT require a colostomy so life remains good. My lady friend says that she is determined to make sure I live forever. I'm in favor of that . . .
:rose: May everything go smoothly.

Good luck Chloe.

Thx Tex, hammered out almost 10k words today and did a whole lot of editing as well. Getting closer ...... now, up early tomorrow and I'll see if I can get it finished over Sunday. I've never written a gangbang story before and remembering the mechanics of whose involved and what they're doing .... yikes! And coming up with names for the bikers ..... :eek:

And was the lawnmower waterproof. I was going to suggest, given all the rain, maybe a jetski with a scythe fastened below water level to either side. :D

Thx Tex, hammered out almost 10k words today and did a whole lot of editing as well. Getting closer ...... now, up early tomorrow and I'll see if I can get it finished over Sunday. I've never written a gangbang story before and remembering the mechanics of whose involved and what they're doing .... yikes! And coming up with names for the bikers ..... :eek:

And was the lawnmower waterproof. I was going to suggest, given all the rain, maybe a jetski with a scythe fastened below water level to either side. :D

For your bikers, If they are just casual characters brought in without formal introduction you could try just using descriptors in lue of names. such as. Mr. Goatee, or Lumberjack (for someone big and burly with a full beard) things like that. Unless the characters actually introduce themselves in the scene, the character has no way of knowing their names and as such, the names themselves are really irrelevant. It's also an easy way for your readers to visualize the different characters in the setting, just by their 'nickname'.

I don't really know the context of the characters, but I just assumed that your character doesn't really know them to well. If your character does know them then it becomes a little more difficult.

Big Jake
Leroy
Cutter
Bones
Dash
Meat

All good biker names, if you need ideas.

Thx Tex, hammered out almost 10k words today and did a whole lot of editing as well. Getting closer ...... now, up early tomorrow and I'll see if I can get it finished over Sunday.

10K is a great day. I managed maybe 1,400. But then I did irrigate, planted some late-season basil and made a trip to the store.

The question of how waterproof the lawnmower is will have to wait a few more days. There is no standing water so the jet ski is out of the question. The problem is more of the ground being saturated to the point of squishy in places.

Why am I up at this ungodly hour? My left shoulder which has played nice since I finished therapy has suddenly decided it hates me again. It doesn't care if I'm sitting, standing, laying, or hanging from my heels. It doesn't care if I'm still or moving. From the bottom of my shoulder blade to the top of my shoulder and six inches down my arm. It's distracting as hell, not to mention it hurts the same way.

Ok, enough whining and bitching. Fresh coffee is available cause i don't think I will be able to sleep for a while.

Writing is good. :rose: Dr. Pepper wasn't as good as I remembered, last time I had it.
Correct. I took a swig just now, like 45 seconds ago, and it's definitely unlike the vintage drink. I think they cut back on prunes.

:rose: May everything go smoothly.
Indeed.

Meanwhile, we're riding out the record heat. At 2AM, we approach tonight's low of 80f. Back up to over 100f tomorrow here around 4000 ft / 1200 m, yow. We expect our mountain highway to overflow with flatlanders seeking relief from Valley heat, so it's a bad day to drive to Tahoe and eat a great Indian buffet lunch at Nikki's [unpaid plug].

One good thang: Reno and Carson City promote Hot August / Autumn Nights auto show. If we hang by the highway we'll see zillions of cherried-out old rods and roadsters, blindingly buffed, gleamingly chromed, softly tuned, rolling on to home or the next show. They're a wonder.

The question of how waterproof the lawnmower is will have to wait a few more days. There is no standing water so the jet ski is out of the question. The problem is more of the ground being saturated to the point of squishy in places.

Oh yeah, squishy ground! Maybe a hover mower?

3837cf9a.jpg

Why am I up at this ungodly hour? My left shoulder which has played nice since I finished therapy has suddenly decided it hates me again. It doesn't care if I'm sitting, standing, laying, or hanging from my heels. It doesn't care if I'm still or moving. From the bottom of my shoulder blade to the top of my shoulder and six inches down my arm. It's distracting as hell, not to mention it hurts the same way.

Ooowwwww. I feel for you. Sounds like some more therapy needed there. And a good massage from your house guests.

And now, early start. Another 10k day coming up. I hope. Gotta finish. Gotta finish pant pant pant ....

If you user a 'hover mower', make sure you wear some waterproof footwear.
Wet feet ain't so funny when only half half the grass is cut.

So I have studied the net about using my 500mm lens to photograph the Moon.
Now, you'd think that there's at least a 'core' of common guidance running through, wouldn't you ?
No such luck. About the only consistent bit is the need for a tripod and a long lens, with ISO set to 200 or more (a self-apparent truth, I reckon).
What's made it worse, following a lot of reading, is that the weather man does not think I'll enjoy clear skies until it's too late.

Gloom

Any coffee left please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back