Creating a Blog for my Stories

Zodia195

Really Experienced
Recently I've thought of creating a blog for my 2 ongoing stories to help those remember certain characters because my stories tend to have big casts. I've seen PocketBookLover do one for her ongoing story and I like that idea.

I've thought of doing this because I don't want people to get lost on who is who in each story, especially my Stones of Incienda where the main cast is 12 people.

So what do ya'll think? And have ya'll done anything like that for your stories?

Blogs are time consuming and rarely attract much of an audience. They also would be pulling folks away from Literotica, so don't count on much more than a low hiss from this Web site. There is a forum rule against actually promoting one, but at least one regular poster here flaunts that continuously and gets away with it. If you can keep it fed and can generate readers, sure, go ahead.

Oh sorry I wasn't clear with what I had planned to do with it. I would only put character profiles there as well as location descriptions. I wouldn't put the actual story there. Sorry for the confusion.

When I submit a chapter to Lit, I post on my FB page and also the fan page that the chapter has been posted. I encourage everyone to come here to read it, vote on it and comment. Several days later it will get posted to the blog.

My blog is filled with pics of how I envision the characters, short bios for them, a cast of characters, recipes, places that have been mentioned, teasers, author updates and several other things. Everything put on there is to help draw the reader into the story.

Blogs are a lot of work but definitely worth it in my opinion because it helps your fan base connect to the story. That will translate into more reads/views on Lit and hopefully higher votes and comments.

In an average month, I get around 12,000 page views on the blog. Yes, they do read the story but the most page views are for the characters, and surprisingly the recipes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Pilot's right about the time it takes to maintain, but you seem to be using it as a sort of reference guide for your stories, so in that case, its not the same as keeping one up on a daily basis.

As for the rules, I don't think the site is against it, I think you can link it in your sig or put it on your homepage with a note "Want to know more about my characters" I think that's fine.

What he is referring to is twenty four seven pimping of it to the point you're trying to take lits readership to your site and keep them there by offering reviews and stories etc...and even then as he noted, seems to depend on who you are.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I tried to do the same thing a few years back for my circle series which featured 12 characters, but that was too much for me, I hate social media.

When I submit a chapter to Lit, I post on my FB page and also the fan page that the chapter has been posted. I encourage everyone to come here to read it, vote on it and comment. Several days later it will get posted to the blog.

My blog is filled with pics of how I envision the characters, short bios for them, a cast of characters, recipes, places that have been mentioned, teasers, author updates and several other things. Everything put on there is to help draw the reader into the story.

Blogs are a lot of work but definitely worth it in my opinion because it helps your fan base connect to the story. That will translate into more reads/views on Lit and hopefully higher votes and comments.

In an average month, I get around 12,000 page views on the blog. Yes, they do read the story but the most page views are for the characters, and surprisingly the recipes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

I feel like and idiot. I was reading this post here before seeing who wrote it because I was thinking, "Hey this reminds me of Pocketbook, because she does this." lol. You're on blog inspired me to create my own too PB. Nice to see you around still.

But yeah I've been writing down my own character profiles and notes and what not now because it's starting to get hard to remember EVERYTHING, especially if your own world with a boatload of characters, besides your main cast.

Back