Thesaurus alternatives

Shift-F7 if you use Microsoft Word, always instantly there, the built in thesaurus. Other programs probably have a keyboard shortcut for their thesaurus too.

It's instantaneous.. Whatever perceived criticisms you might come up with are overcome by it always being a fraction of a second away.

For a lot of words, if you just type the word into Google it gives you the definition and synonyms. You can force this by typing "define" before your word.

Shift-F7 if you use Microsoft Word, always instantly there, the built in thesaurus. Other programs probably have a keyboard shortcut for their thesaurus too.

It's instantaneous.. Whatever perceived criticisms you might come up with are overcome by it always being a fraction of a second away.

^^This

I rarely use any of the suggestions from^F7, but it gets you thinking...

^^This

I rarely use any of the suggestions from^F7, but it gets you thinking...

Synonyms and full thesaurus are available in LibreWriter with a click on the right button. I just realized that it gave a number of convenient synonyms for "cock."

Artha (based on WordNet) works on Linux and Windows platforms, and runs off-line.

A good education can go a long way to replacing the need for a thesaurus for writing use (especially as the thesaurus can easily be overused in writing).

A good education can go a long way to replacing the need for a thesaurus for writing use (especially as the thesaurus can easily be overused in writing).

Thanks I'll get one. :)
I actually think the one I have is OK. It's just that English isn't my first language, so it takes a bit longer to find the right word sometimes. And a thesaurus helps.

Dictionary and Thesaurus are built into Macs.

I don't really like using a thesaurus, but every now and then I get a brain block and the word on the tip of my literary tongue won't come through. That's when I use the thesaurus.

We used to have an employee who wrote so poorly that my employer made me review and edit his writing before he even looked at it. We eventually found it better if he didn't write at all.

He didn't have much of a vocabulary, and that showed in his normal writing, but he did have a thesaurus. If I found a 10-dollar word embedded in the text with a definition close to what he wanted, but not quite there, I knew he used his thesaurus.

I don't really like using a thesaurus, but every now and then I get a brain block and the word on the tip of my literary tongue won't come through. That's when I use the thesaurus.

I have a Roget's and a Rodale's "Word Finder" on a bookshelf within reach, and I may use it once or twice a year--often knowing what word I want but not a spelling of it that spellcheck is satisfied with or that I can find in the dictionary (on a rolling stand at my left hand side). More and more, though, I just plug a word in google and go from there for either a synonym or a spelling. I do still use the print dictionary and a geographic dictionary. These days I have to use a magnifying glass to read them, though. I have a computer in front of me for composing and one at my right hand for fact checking.

Basically, if an action word isn't in my vocabulary already it's questionable whether it should be used in an erotica story.

I don't know what a theosaurus is but I like the ones with three horns and the ones with the really long necks and stuff cause I think they're cute and stuff but they're really big and stuff and I can't keep one in my apartment so I don't have any.

Debbie :heart:

I don't know what a theosaurus is but I like the ones with three horns and the ones with the really long necks and stuff cause I think they're cute and stuff but they're really big and stuff and I can't keep one in my apartment so I don't have any.

Debbie :heart:

"Theosaurus" is the Greek for "Godzilla."

WordWeb is better than the shit alternatives proposed here. Like Mac or Microsoft gives a fuck. These corporations see you as cattle.

WordWeb, open source, here.

Back