Guys who Get a Grip: let's talk COCKRINGS, steel, silicone, leather, all

Where do you get them? Home Depot? Lowe's?

These are 1 7/8 ID 1/4 inch diameter silicone. As you can see I bought 35, the minimum for what one costs in an ABS.

http://www.theoringstore.com/

http://www.parcoinc.com/

*O-ring Warehouse is a division of Parco, Inc. Billing and shipping information will reflect Parco, Inc.***

Order placed on November 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Shipping Information

USPS Priority Mail

Billing Information

Size Material No. of Pieces Price Each Subtotal
-328 70-durometer Silicone, Red, FDA
Compound: 1200-70 35 $0.29 $10.15
Subtotal $10.15
Shipping $5.30
Order Total $15.45

So here's the current collection:

HqPum0i.jpg

The two on the left don't work for me. The lower one is a 'Master' style ring from GearEssentials in the U.S. I made the mistake of ordering a 48mm diameter ring instead of a 50mm one, and, while it worked well for normal levels of arousal, it became really uncomfortable when I was super-aroused. The upper one was a calculated gamble - I knew that it might be too wide for my rather curvy cock, but thought it worth a try. Sadly I was right, and it cut into me too much for comfort.

The one in the middle is my first ring, bought after recommendations from Simon. It's a 50mm ring, really comfortable, sexily shiny, and I love it. The top-right one, in brushed steel, is flatter and lighter, providing an entirely different feel, and successful on all fronts. My favourite, though, is the one on the bottom right. This is a 50mm version of the 'Master' ring, purchased after I realised the other one was too tight. It's heavy, providing a constant reminder that it is there, but it is a much better fit - just tight enough!

If anyone is interested I have a spare 15% off voucher from GearEssentials which I am unlikely to use. It's probably only useful to those in the U.S, as delivery charges to Europe are as painful as an over-tight cock ring on a straining cock! First person to send me a PM will get the voucher code. :)

This is interesting, I have a 48mm ring that I haven't even been able to get both balls through. It's a wide band like the upper left one in your photo. I've bought all my rings in stores because I have children at home and don't want to have to explain the package of cockrings. There is only one store in the area with a decent selection of rings. They are mostly labeled in size increments of 1 3/4", 2", and 2 1/4". They sell out of the 2" sizes quickly. The first one I bought there was a wide stainless band with a concave design, it looks much like the Gear Essentials Surge, except it's steel instead of aluminum. I at first had troubles getting into it but have figured it out and absolutely love wearing it for sex, but it's uncomfortable for wearing out and about due to the top edges being somewhat sharp.

The next ring I bought there was a 2" heavy chrome donut shaped ring, I think its similar to the GE Omega ring. That's become my go to for all day comfort as well as a great enhancer for sex. It stays in place well when I wear tight jeans, but whe I wear loose fitting pants or shorts it tends to slide downward due the heavy weight. It has never slipped off because it's locked in place by my balls and cockhead, the weight of stretches my junk and I'm hanging low! It kind of looks funny, not uncomfortable, and I'm thinking maybe it will make my cock longer over time! I'm now thinking an aluminum ring might be nice for a all day ring that will stay in place.

I tend to ramble on, but my point here is how much difference a mm or 2 makes in sizing. I'm thinking of getting a micrometer to take to the store with me because all the rings that are labeled as 2" are not all the same size. The last one I bought there was on a display board labeled as .48cm/2". I told the attendant that 2" is actually a little over .5cm He agreed, but the display board comes from the product provider. That's the ring that I haven't been able to squeeze into. I think my concave ring might be closer to 49mm because it's slighter larger in diameter than my 2" donut and hardware store rings. I also think that the shape and width of the band make a big difference in the fit.

I know I'm geeking out on the tech side of ring wear here, it's just I'm loving what these solid steel rings have done for me and I want to share the information I've gathered so far. The information I've received from others here has been valuable as well!

Steel is real!

... I know I'm geeking out on the tech side of ring wear here, it's just I'm loving what these solid steel rings have done for me and I want to share the information I've gathered so far. The information I've received from others here has been valuable as well!

Steel is real!

Geek on Stevey. There are scores of silent readers of this thread who wanna know this stuff I'm sure, as well as us regulars who value talking it all through.

The weight of a substantial steel ring: the sensation that gives to a man erect getting busy with his woman is beyond amazing, yeah. Physiologically and Psychologically too. As to the day-wear pull down, I agree that well chosen jeans such that the crotch is right up against your underneath sort that nicely so that your junk is held where you want it to be. I am finding that well chosen boxer briefs do that too, when I'm wearing looser trousers. There are briefs well designed to hug close and firm and yet at the same time provide space for junk and elasticity for expansion.

Getting balls through a deeper ring: I think the key is to pull as much scrotum skin through the damn thing before you try and 'pop' your second ball through. That of course is easier done when you're quite warm or just showered in a steamy shower.

:);):cool:

Last edited:
Aluminium and phatt!

Stevey has prompted me to post about a ring I covet and might get one of these days. 3/4 inch deep and available in the full range of inner diameter sizes so as to fit every one of us guys perfectly. It's by the American outfit 'Ballistic Metal' who do a great range of aluminium rings but have poor photos on their own website. I've taken this pic off one of their British outlet websites:

83637.jpg

It's promoted thus: If you like a chunkier feel to your metal cock rings without the added weight, then you’ll just love the Ballistic Metal Excalibur Series Billet Donut Cock Ring.
http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/650x/3b8bfa6ade4a2b5822d869832489a567/8/3/83637.jpg

Last edited:
Aluminium and phatt!

Stevey has prompted me to post about a ring I covet and might get one of these days. 3/4 inch deep and available in the full range of inner diameter sizes so as to fit every one of us guys perfectly. It's by the American outfit 'Ballistic Metal' who do a great range of aluminium rings but have poor photos on their own website. I've taken this pic off one of their British outlet websites:

83637.jpg

It's promoted thus: If you like a chunkier feel to your metal cock rings without the added weight, then you’ll just love the Ballistic Metal Excalibur Series Billet Donut Cock Ring.
http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/650x/3b8bfa6ade4a2b5822d869832489a567/8/3/83637.jpg

I like the look of this one too. Went to the website, wow! What a dazzling array of cockrings and other things. Plug in cockrings that deliver a jolt of some type, anyone have experience with these? Just when I thought I'd seen it all. From what I'm seeing these companies that offer the best selection of cockrings are all targeted mainly toward gay men. The gay community seems to be so much more innovative towards sex toys than the straight world is, and sex in general for that matter. Makes me think we might get some good perspectives and participation with a cockring thread on the GBLT board....

... Makes me think we might get some good perspectives and participation with a cockring thread on the GBLT board....
I've posted perhaps three times on threads over at GBLT, about rings and about my appreciation to the gay community for honing them to such an art form for straight men as well as for gay men. And I've referred to this thread. I must survey the threads over there and see if there is a cockrings thread not active just now, with a whole lot of great information. Might be.

I've posted perhaps three times on threads over at GBLT, about rings and about my appreciation to the gay community for honing them to such an art form for straight men as well as for gay men. And I've referred to this thread. I must survey the threads over there and see if there is a cockrings thread not active just now, with a whole lot of great information. Might be.

I did a search over there Simon and I'd have to say that your threads have the best information of any I've seen here. In honor of that I had to come bump this thread up from the third page. Lets keep this conversation going!

When I posted the long report of my night at The concert last week I mentioned that I'd get back here to tell of another incident involving my wearing of cockrings in public. I'm headed out of town tomorrow and most likely won't be able to post for the next week so I thought I'd put something up here before I go.

This experience happened a few weeks before my concert adventure, but didn't go nearly as far either. I don't have the time right now to put down all the details so I'll quickly summarize. This happened with a business acquaintance, a beautiful married woman that's about 20 years younger than me. We see each other about once a month and have developed a fun casual somewhat flirty relationship. She likes to tease and we talk about our relationships with our spouses fairly openly. The last time I saw her our banter turned toward sex and how neither of us get as much as we want from our spouses. Without going into agonizing detail here let me just say that I told her about cockrings and revealed the secret that I was wearing one right then. This lead to a very explicit conversation about the use and fit of rings that had me hard as a rock inside my jeans, which she glanced at and commented on teasingly several times.

I suggested multiple times that I could let her experience it herself, but she is claiming undying fidelity to her husband. She did mention that she'd like to get him interested in rings though. I could tell she was getting aroused though, so while this was just a fun conversation, who knows what might happen in the future?

I'm seeing now how bringing the fact that I'm wearing a cock ring into a conversation can lead to some exciting developments, even if it's only a sexy conversation. I'm going to start looking for more opportunities to drop the ring bomb!

Stay Hard my friends! Steel is real!

Well, I've become a true Gear Essentials dude. :)

Hornblende and Numi - fantastic friends on Lit - gifted me that just-too-tight-for-him ring H bought from Gear Essentials. The 'Master' 48mm inner diameter steel beauty. Perfect fit for me. I love it. I love that it's a gift to me and my woman from a sexy couple I admire so much. And frankly: the first time my woman had her fingers around it as she fed my luscious stonker slowly past her hungry lips, and then later as I watched myself doing full length thrusts, from tip titivating pussy to balls deep over and over, there was a certain magic in the fact that another man, another woman, had enjoyed this ring already. A gorgeous erotic connection.

It is only very slightly different to the European square-section steel ring which has been my favourite for some three years. For all the quality of the one I have had long since, the craftsmanship and attention to detail of GearEssentials shines through:

very similar dimensions, and yet heavier
the edges of the square section more rounded for comfort
polished finish except for the inner surface which is brushed finish - to give just a tad more 'hold' to its grip.

Of these features, the rounded edges are the most significant. In those moments before, during, and just after my own ejaculation - when everything is at max, the grip of the ring is at its tightest, and the sensitivity of nerve endings is highlighted, that more gentle roundedness comes into play such that, for all the grip, there is a better 'freedom' to enjoy the experience. A subtle thing, but I've found it significant.

Here's the ring in hand, with its handsome gift box - with my thanks to Hornblende!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ring gift.jpg
    ring gift.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
Well, I've become a true Gear Essentials dude. :)

Hornblende and Numi - fantastic friends on Lit - gifted me that just-too-tight-for-him ring H bought from Gear Essentials. The 'Master' 48mm inner diameter steel beauty. Perfect fit for me. I love it. I love that it's a gift to me and my woman from a sexy couple I admire so much. And frankly: the first time my woman had her fingers around it as she fed my luscious stonker slowly past her hungry lips, and then later as I watched myself doing full length thrusts, from tip titivating pussy to balls deep over and over, there was a certain magic in the fact that another man, another woman, had enjoyed this ring already. A gorgeous erotic connection.

It is only very slightly different to the European square-section steel ring which has been my favourite for some three years. For all the quality of the one I have had long since, the craftsmanship and attention to detail of GearEssentials shines through:

very similar dimensions, and yet heavier
the edges of the square section more rounded for comfort
polished finish except for the inner surface which is brushed finish - to give just a tad more 'hold' to its grip.

Of these features, the rounded edges are the most significant. In those moments before, during, and just after my own ejaculation - when everything is at max, the grip of the ring is at its tightest, and the sensitivity of nerve endings is highlighted, that more gentle roundedness comes into play such that, for all the grip, there is a better 'freedom' to enjoy the experience. A subtle thing, but I've found it significant.

Here's the ring in hand, with its handsome gift box - with my thanks to Hornblende!

attachment.php

You're very welcome Si, and we're so happy you're enjoying it to the full! This style of ring is my favourite, too, and I love to see the gleam in my woman's eye when she catches sight of it... :devil:

You're very welcome Si, and we're so happy you're enjoying it to the full! This style of ring is my favourite, too, and I love to see the gleam in my woman's eye when she catches sight of it... :devil:

Just fantasizing here as my woman is far too private for this but ...

King sized bed, two women, you and me both equipped in our Master rings ... :cool:

Just fantasizing here as my woman is far too private for this but ...

King sized bed, two women, you and me both equipped in our Master rings ... :cool:

*swoons*

(Can we go for a superking, though, just for more space to play? :devil: And maybe that leather sofa.... ;))

*swoons*

(Can we go for a superking, though, just for more space to play? :devil: And maybe that leather sofa.... ;))

There were two of those sofas, but ... just the one would do us all fine I think. After all, a girl might enjoy a third hand on her just some of the time ... xx

Having photo-ed my new ring and written about it just earlier, I put it on of course. So happens I'm wearing really thin black not-quite-skinny casual trousers which do the show-off nicely. But then, I needed to be on my bicycle to haul some shopping home, so it was a case of putting on my silicone 'thruster' ring next on with the steel, to cushion my under-balls in the saddle.

Damn fine feeling, going in and out of shops in stud-ready shape thinking of gals who swoon when fed with steel-rung junk. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• out in black.jpg
    out in black.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 8
Damn. Went back to the local toy store to look at metal rings.

Still nothing worthwhile. I want to at least see them to get an idea of size

I did wear my silicone ring. All the talk and thinking about sex. Damn. I did get some notice. 😈

Damn. Went back to the local toy store to look at metal rings.

Still nothing worthwhile. I want to at least see them to get an idea of size

I did wear my silicone ring. All the talk and thinking about sex. Damn. I did get some notice. 😈

Hey Crash, I don't know if this will help, but the store I go to has a large selection of steel rings but the 2" sizes always seem to be sold out of most models. That's the size I find most comfortable. If you can just get your hands on the cheapest thin steel ring they have in 2", ( I started out with one from a hardware store), I think that would be a great place to start.

I just got home from a week in the mountains and it's good to see this thread on the front page!

Hey Crash, I don't know if this will help, but the store I go to has a large selection of steel rings but the 2" sizes always seem to be sold out of most models. That's the size I find most comfortable. If you can just get your hands on the cheapest thin steel ring they have in 2", ( I started out with one from a hardware store), I think that would be a great place to start.

I just got home from a week in the mountains and it's good to see this thread on the front page!

I want one of the big chunky kind like Simon favors

I know diameter would be the same on the thin rings but I'm wondering about getting my junk through the thick ones.

Hey Simon. I think I should have went a little bigger. The grip hurts after a while, and maybe too tight because sometimes its difficult to finish. She loves how hard and thick I get. I throw her into waves of orgasms. We both win. Lol.

I have never used a cock ring, which I can't believe! Any suggestions for my first go around! I'm actually pretty excited. New experiences are good experiences!

I have never used a cock ring, which I can't believe! Any suggestions for my first go around! I'm actually pretty excited. New experiences are good experiences!

You've come to the right place, welcome! I would suggest reading through this whole thread, Simon has done a fantastic job of explaining the pros and cons of the different types of rings and opened a great dialogue for all of us.

I would personally suggest starting with a silicon ring for ease of use and the ability to remove it easily. I love the feel of solid steel wrapped around my entire junk, but it took a bit of practice to get used to getting it off and on and wearing it comfortably. Having sex with a steel ring on is out of this world! Best of luck in your explorations!

I want one of the big chunky kind like Simon favors

I know diameter would be the same on the thin rings but I'm wondering about getting my junk through the thick ones.

The big chunky ones are awesome, I just liked the thin rings as an inexpensive way to experiment and find the right size. For me the shape of the heavy rings determines the ease of getting in and out. The donut style with all rounded edges is much easier to put on than the flatter models, and more comfortable for long term wear, but I have found all to be equally pleasing for sex.

I mentioned in another post that I'd purchased a 48mm ring that I hadn't been able to squeeze into yet, last night I gave it another try and succeeded. I had been wearing one of my other rings all day and took the new one into the shower with me. After slipping the larger one off I was able to slip one testicle through and then slowly and gently massage the other through after several minutes of trying. After both balls were in it was just a matter of soaping Mister Happy up and folding him through the ring. Once my entire junk was surrounded it felt comfortable enough that I left it on and went to dinner with my wife.

I didn't feel any major discomfort during the drive or dinner, but it was a bit tight, not sure I'll use it for day wear regularly, but the after dinner activities in the bedroom were amazing. Once we were alone, I'd had the ring on for at least 4 hours by then, my wife and I started making out and when I got hard the little extra tightness made a noticeable difference. My cockhead seemed much thicker than it does even with the 2" rings. My entire shaft was thicker and engorged, and I don't think I've been that hard in years. I think the blood flow restriction also had the effect of desensitizing a bit, I wouldn't call it a numbness exactly, but I was able to stay harder for much longer than normal even though it had been over a week since my last ejaculation. Even with my wife giving me the nastiest blow job I was still able to give her a thorough fucking before exploding, and when I did finally cum, holy shit! Like a kinked hose being released!

I will say that by the end the ring was feeling a bit tight and restrictive and I wanted it off. It caused a moment of anxiety for me thinking I was stuck, but I relaxed and once I was flaccid was able to carefully reverse the process with the help of some lotion. It's amazing to me that just 1 or 2 mms can make that much difference. I think the 48 will be my go to for sex now, though I think that may be the limit for me size wise.

As an aside I wanted to mention something that happened in the store a few weeks ago when I bought this last ring. There were two young men there questioning the clerk about cock rings while he was helping me as well. Their main concern was about sizing. I tried to share some of my knowledge, but the clerk was taking on the attitude that he was the expert so I just sat back and listened as he didn't really give them adequate answers to their questions. At one point he told them that they'd had multiple customers come in with horror stories about having to have too tight rings cut off in the ER. I mentioned that if you could get it on you should be able to get it off and he just shrugged. Now I could see someone panicking, or if an ED medication had been used, achieving a flaccid state could be difficult, but I think mostly lack of information about ring use would lead to this extremity, if true.

Posting from Schipol Airport Amsterdam. Got in line for security and ... damn I've a steel ring on! Thank my lucky stars I've a shoulder bag to sling frontwards so I can get into my pants with a pretence at modesty. Flipping heck I've a ball stuck. Wiggle Wiggle. They're giving me a tray. Heck: mobile, belt, wallet and ... shiny steel very warm. ...

As I say I'm airside. Phew. :eek:

Last edited:
Back