The Lady and the Pirate (Closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
tumblr_ldgasl2Pmk1qf3po7o1_500.jpg

This pampered life grew boring quickly for her. Arabella Llewellyn wanted adventure danger and excitement. She wanted to live... really live like the women she saw at the taverns near the docks submitting to no man commanding all they saw answering to no one... that is what she wanted and she would have that life... but how?

She found ways to sneak down to those darker areas and befriended one of the tavern owners a grizzled older woman named Agnes who kept her safe and let her see how the rest of the island lived and who they really relied on and even put her in contact with someone who could help her and who Agnes knew after the young lady's first night in her tavern

424146_t.jpg

Enter Dominic Franz a sailor second in command of a pirate crew who has recently lost its captain to the Kings guards. Dominic and the crew are for the most part in hiding lacking for the moment the funds to pay a few debts their captain acquired here Dominic has to sate his young heart and rebuild the crew and the only life he knows. The only sure thing is that he would follow the beautiful raven angel into hell itself...

tumblr_m4pww3GfdZ1rvp34to1_500.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~

Agnes sat at a table her pistol resting on the table in clear view and the standing word around the bar was if anyone got near her young friend the old woman would send them to the Locker personally. Few dared cross old Agnes as some thought she was a witch but most knew that she was simply cold enough to kill anyone who did not follow her rules even if they were a friend.

I am still trying to find a way to help ya have a real and decent reason to travel down here so that Da of yours won't send the crown guards here my dear and I have a few ideas just gotta make sure they are noble enough for my young friend... We will find you an escape before ya Da goes and does something stupid against your heart. Folks in his world don't understand love like you do... maybe when they were young like you but when they get in royal business thats all they know any more... it will be alright but you best be getting on home... now... I will see you in a couple of days.

With that Arabella nodded offered a hug to the kind old woman and slipped from the tavern and quickly made her way home keeping hidden along the path she had found that seemed to shield her from both the wealthy and the docks folk.

Agnes turned around looking back over the bar and smirked.

Alright Dominic Franz you can stop hiding and droolin in ya ale boy... come talk with me boy... you are about the only one that tries to hide your watching her from me too... don't worry I ain' gonna kill ya for watching her as long as ya more honorable as ya old captain.

She chuckled and called for a couple of ales be brought to the table as she bellowed for him again

Dominic ya don't keep a lady or drink waiting...

Dominic appeared out of the shadows clutching two bottles of ale and his most devilish grin on.

“I didn’t mean to keep you waiting beautiful” Dominic said smiling and placing the ale on the table “ I was just admiring the lass she is quite the beautiful girl” Dominic said taking a sip of his own ale and leaning back to study agnes.

“I wanted to know what the situation was with her?” Dominic said studying her

A young friend who might end up in an unfortunate situation due to ways of those that live with wealth inland... Only child and a daughter... father is pushing the subject of marriage to the point of telling the poor lass that her marriage will profit his business and the family or else... but you need not tell me you have interest in her I could see ya stares from here lad... whats your interest in her my boy.

Agnes called everyone regular within her tavern her boys but there were a scarce few she would remotely trust anywhere near the young lady friend luckily Dominic was one if not the only one. He was a fairly honorable young lad for a pirate.

"i dont know you know my situation with the good captain being put away" Dominic said drinking and starring at her "i don't have any way of getting my crew and ship out of here so im stuck for the time being"alex said sighing and rubbing his temples

Well then that does give you some time to find the sand needed to talk to the young lady now won't it lad?

Agnes laughed asshe took a swig from her bottle of ale.

"i have enough sand to talk to her" alex retorted taking another swig of ale and smiling at her

"maybe i can convince her to steal her fathers silver and sail off into the sunset with me" Dominic said winking and smiling at her

That would be a far better life than the vermin her father believes she will marry to further his gold.

She smiled watching he young man and laughed.

She will be here again in two nights talk with her then and do nay hide in the shadows drooling into your ale lad.

“If I wish to drool in my ale then I will do so ya darn woman” Alex snapped draining the rest of his ale and getting up “but for tonight I think I will retire to one of your rooms” Alex said grabbing some coin form his pouch and dropping it on the table “thank you for the advice” he said smiling at her before going up stairs.

He found an empty room and pushed it open walking into the small bedroom and unbuckling his armor. He pulled off every bit of his armor before dropping it standing there naked against the moon light. He smiled and laid in bed closing his eyes and enjoying the feel of a nice warm bed.

If only he had the company of a warm body beside him

Agnes just laughed and smiled t him collecting up the coins.

Two nights passed and she returned just as she and Agnes planned. It was clear she had been crying and angry as she sat down across from Agnes. Some young roughs from a merchant ship who had no idea about Agnes rules about her young friend approached hem dismissing Agnes and moved to grab at her only to inherit lead from Agnes pistol in their brazen leaders chest. The others thought better and ran after man others in the tavern raised up against hem not the old woman.

Before either one of them could speak Alex stepped down from the upper floor.

“I will take it from here agnes” Alex said sitting down across from the girl and gesturing for Agnes to leave.

“I hear you got a problem lass” Alex asked grabbing a tankard of ale and sipping on it while he watched her

Arabella was a little shaken from Agnes shooting someone then him softness down she bit her lip till Agnes nodded that it was safe.

Anyone lay a but a eye on my young friend I tell ye this again yummy will suffer the same fate of that fool.

With that she wandered off to tend to getting rid of the body and clean up the mess.

Arabella looked to Alex and nodded.

The family business expanding deeper into the lands of the crown are... more important than the safety and care of he only child bore to Sir Llewellyn. Agnes knows I am far different than the family I was born to and she feels she knows of someone who can help me escape this marriage fate. Would that be you?

“Yes I believe I am” Alexander said softly scratching his lower jaw and pulling out a cigar. He lit it and took in a deep breath before leaning in to her.

“The aquilla my ship is currently in port waiting to pay the fees and then sail I have a modest crew” Alex said smiling and taking another swig of ale “but not the coin to get us out of the port”

“That’s where you come in”

“If you means to escape your current predicament then I will gladly transport you to a port of your choosing you pay me the coin and I will get you wherever you need to go” Alex said

And you think it is that easy for me to simply get a hold of money... You really do have no idea about the inland residents do you.

She sighed calming from what had happened. It helped that the young man that Agnes thought could help her was so handsome... not like that vile pig of an older man her father was determined for her to marry.

"Oh believe me i know how difficult it can be to get money" alexander said smiling softly "I also happen to know where your father keeps his money" he said " if you can get into his vault and steal all of we could be on our way" he stated campy

There is rarely a time he is not in his office or that aid of his who sleeps in there when not right there with father making my life torment. Much less them realizing who has done this and having not only father but that vermin he demands I marry hunting me and whoever aids me. Your plan would put your neck in line next after your captain for the gallows.

She started to stand up to walk away.

Back