erased thread part iii

I am so sick and tired of getting dumb hate comments on my chapters, and I am 99% sure I'm getting 1-bombed. Hate commenters who are almost always anonymous and assuredly won't follow me here to the forums can't even seem to be able to read the actual material they're "criticizing" if one can even call it that.
Play into it.
Embrace it.
Troll them.
Give it right back to them.
It's fun and hilarious watching them piss and moan, when they get it thrown back at them.

I have done a little bit of this. It is pretty fun, but none of them have commented again indicating they've noticed yet. Just showing them how they're wrong within the story.

Someone said "let the fat girls have their fucked up fantasy" and so I made one of said "fat girls" tell the cucks it's not a fantasy, it's their new reality in a later chapter.
Keep it going.
Hate reading is still reading.
I didn't think it would be as fun as it's turned out to be, when I first started to embrace it. LOL.

Yeah, but if you deliberately write to troll readers, don't then complain when they crap on your story (not saying you do this, but there's plenty who do - complain, that is).
Yeah some do.
I think they need to learn to embrace it better. LOL.

I am so sick and tired of getting dumb hate comments on my chapters, and I am 99% sure I'm getting 1-bombed. Hate commenters who are almost always anonymous and assuredly won't follow me here to the forums can't even seem to be able to read the actual material they're "criticizing" if one can even call it that. I have one saying "the dynamics don't make sense!" because of the inner conflict the cucks in the story have towards the femdommes earlier on in the story... something that only someone who doesn't understand that female power can exist (a misogynist) would say. I have one calling the female characters "white trailer trash" and "fat" when that's obviously not true; they're college girls (it's repeatedly mentioned throughout the story that they all go to the same university) and most of them aren't fat, they're just thick. Apparently having a fat ass means you're fat now. I seem to have made these anonymous haters violently angry by writing about femdom and interracial cuckoldry.

In conclusion, I think we should have the option as writers to make the comments section limited to users with accounts, as well as the star rating system. But no, we can either get all comments, or none at all. It's stupid. This website needs more features for authors.

I also do not understand how and why certain stories on this site can get upwards of 4 stars, when I seem to average out at 3, unless I'm getting 1-bombed–singled out by these haters and bridge trolls. I have a solid story with characters who are actually real rather than cardboard boxes and sounding boards for the author's fantasies. There's buildup and payoff and conflicts and subplots within the overall scheme. The dynamics DO make sense, if you actually read the material. I have a third-person semi-omniscient style where each section is POV-locked to a specific character. Meanwhile, we have this site that's full of complete garbage: either too gross or too boring, shitty conversational writing styles that make it sound like the ramblings of a 50-something year old man, people taking 75 chapters to get anywhere with the story, shitty punctuation... it's just all this non-immersive, unimpressive CRAP that gets 4 stars! It makes no sense! I am demoralized and trying hard not to give the haters the ending that they want!
The short answer, and I don't mean this as anything other than some hopefully constructive advice, is if you write in some genre you need to have a pretty thick skin. Your work will always be too extreme for some and not extreme enough for others. Both might leave a low score and both might leave a comment so you'll know just how bad they thought your story was. That doesn't mean it was a bad story. It just means a few people seem to get off by telling you they know how to write the story better than you do. I've always wondered why the keep reading. That's like sticking your finger in an open flame and holding it there until it smokes and then complaining that it was too hot. I've also had comments like, "Absolute crap. I couldn't even get through it." I always wonder how they know it's crap if they didn't read it through.

There probably are, as one poster noted, other authors who might be jealous of your success, and instead of paying attention to their own comments in order to improve their writing, seek to make themselves feel better by attempting to degrade your work.

The long answer is the only reader you really have to please is you. If you're happy with the story, post it and see what happens. You'll have accomplished what about 99% of the readers on Lit have never done. That's what most of the authors here did with their first story. If the votes and comments bother you, you have two choices. You can just ignore the votes and comments and keep writing what you want to write, or you can try to figure out why you're getting low votes and "hate comments" and change either what you're writing or how you're writing.

It's just real dominance (i.e., not roleplay and not a fantasy that characters are just trying out). This type of dynamic doesn't come at the flick of a lightswitch and likewise it doesn't turn off.

Sorry, but it sounds like you've been sold a line there.

"Twoo Dom" is a common term of ridicule in BDSM circles. It describes the dom/me who is very concerned with defining exactly what Real BDSM is, and how everybody else in the club is a softcore poser who is Doing It Wrong. Some people do this for the same sort of ego/insecurity reasons that lead people to gatekeep any pastime or social circle: the easiest way to feel cool is to define everybody else as uncool, the easiest way to allay fear of exclusion is to put oneself in charge of deciding who is excluded.

In BDSM, though, it's sometimes done for more nefarious reasons. Some people just don't like the idea that other human beings have their own boundaries and needs and that they're expected to respect them, and they go looking for inexperienced/impressionable subs and lay on the "True Dom"/"True Sub" talk as a pressure tactic: "if you were a real submissive, you wouldn't be setting boundaries or expecting aftercare or whatever, and you want to be a real sub, not a fake, dontcha?" It's just a BDSM-themed spin on the ancient "if you loved me you would..." game.

There's no ISO Standard Definition of True Domliness. Beyond the basics of consent and safety/risk awareness (which really just comes back to the "informed" part of "informed consent"), BDSM is what people make it, and IME the ones who are comfortable and secure in what they're doing generally don't throw around the "real dominance" talk. There are plenty of very experienced people out there who view things like affection and aftercare* as being entirely compatible with being a dominant; the idea that these are anathema to BDSM is about as reductive as the "real men don't cry" talk that we were discussing recently in another thread.

On Literotica, when I see that kind of statement in a story, it's very often an indication that the author's BDSM knowledge owes more to 50 Shades or its ilk than to RL experience (or even to BDSM books written by actual practitioners).

*Assuming the sub actually wants those things; they're not a universal need

There isn't? I smell an opportunity.

Let's see...

Section 1.1 Safewords

1) Safewords should be more than 8 characters long and contain at least one numeral and one miscellaneous symbol.

This will never catch on because it would require BDSMers to be a bunch of huge nerds.

Oh wait.

There isn't? I smell an opportunity.

Let's see...

Section 1.1 Safewords

1) Safewords should be more than 8 characters long and contain at least one numeral and one miscellaneous symbol.
For insecurity reasons, safeword a should be rotated every thirty days. Forgetting safewords is a caning offense.

For insecurity reasons, safeword a should be rotated every thirty days. Forgetting safewords is a caning offense.
How does two-factor authentication work with that? Do I need a security fob? What if I forget my safe word? Is there a help desk I can call, and can I talk to a human, or just a chat bot?

I posted a story about one month ago, "A Hard Lesson" about my favorite swinger couple having a misunderstanding at a swinger house party. I thought I had learned some lessons about posting in the LW category, and I tried to make this a stand-alone story with what I thought was enough character development to show why they behave this way. And I even wrote in afterthoughts by the MC husband to explain why his wife treated him the way she did.

One anonymous commenter (as expected) said "What a grotesque lifestyle. Pathetic characters too."

Another anonymous one said "The wife is a bitch that makes rules and then doesn't follow them. Then gets pissed off when the husband does something she doesn't like. The husband is a pathetic wimp that allows the wife to led him around with his nose ring. But I guess to "swingers" this is a match made in heaven. What a fucking joke this whole bunch is. And I'm not going to even start about the obvious asshole Randy. Anyone that thinks these people are normal is mentally ill."

Named reader Jollyrogering said: "What I liked about this story is the psychological realities that were encountered and discussed. It was therapeutic to have it analyzed through example.
I'll now have to read chapter 5 to learn how Ted and Jan felt 'swinging' would help them in their life together."

Another recent named reader Stubbyone said: "The Ted character has intense social disfunction. He seldom shows any emotion, even when he should be hopping mad. The Jan character in not very likeable. She makes up rules then abides by them when it’s convenient. She wants to be trusted, but doesn’t reciprocate. She’s vindictive and great sex doesn’t make up for major personality flaws. Why create a story with this kind of character that few would choose to be with ? Only a 2, for effort."

In the afterthoughts by the husband, he says he realized his wife saw him when standing beside another guy, and the TWO of them THOUGHT he was abusing the woman. The MC husband realized his wife was embarrassed seeing him in that position, and she immediately reacted by trying to embarrass him.

In my opinion, if the readers had fully read and thought about the whole story, they would have seen this as a misunderstanding and over-reaction by both the wife and husband in how they treated each other.

My lesson learned from these comments is that readers don't always see the same things we intend. They might be reading to a trigger point in the story (ie. any extra-marital sex or a dialog where one reacts in a judgmental manner), then quickly gloss over and ignore subsequent points.

Sometimes even the hateful comments might be of use. I'll now reorganize my next stories to possibly provide better character development before any triggering scenes. In the future, I'll have the husband explaining he knows he married a bitch, but that she more than makes up for her own negatives by lovingly accepting his own dysfunctional ways.

And those who see the story as a "grotesque lifestyle" will always hate it. But they read my story. Over 26K views, but 2.82 rating!

Back