U.S. looks at supporting anti-Russian insurgency in Ukraine

Those comments were taken out of context and you know i. Being intellectually dishonest doesn’t help your argument.
I listened to his whole speech..backpedaling included, it was clear.

I don’t disagree, oil is Putin’s financial crutch, taking him of the world banking system, swift, knock the price of oil down below fifty and he’ll have to shut down his aggression and his people will start rioting in the streets. Countries are going to buy oil and LNG why not from us?
It's an international market. We contribute to it.

We're not selling oil directly to anyone.

Orange Man Bad I get it.

Not at all. You said “Biden should be doing everything in his power to flood the market with oil, knocking down the price per bbl and compensating for energy loss to our European allies.”

In response I said give him a call and give your two cents.

Where did you read trump in that?

I listened to his whole speech..backpedaling included, it was clear.
This is more a case of your dipshits saying "orange man, best man in the world" and the rest of us disagreeing
I’m arguing policy and you’re arguing personality. I’ve writen in past post if Biden lifted restrictions on oil production his polls would go up 20 point And gas prices would slowly decrease. I also praised Obama’s energy policy. Biden undid Trump’s policies in spite not because they were ineffective. That’s not how an executive should conduct busines.

Not at all. You said “Biden should be doing everything in his power to flood the market with oil, knocking down the price per bbl and compensating for energy loss to our European allies.”

In response I said give him a call and give your two cents.

Where did you read trump in that?
I would but they won’t let me in his bunker :nana:

I’m arguing policy and you’re arguing personality. I’ve writen in past post if Biden lifted restrictions on oil production his polls would go up 20 point And gas prices would slowly decrease. I also praised Obama’s energy policy. Biden undid Trump’s policies in spite not because they were ineffective. That’s not how an executive should conduct busines.
I argued both. Changing oil policy as you suggest is stupid. I don't care if you supported Obama

I argued both. Changing oil policy as you suggest is stupid. I don't care if you supported Obama
Most analysts would disagree with you. Oil at 100 dollars a barrel is making Putin rich.

I don’t disagree, oil is Putin’s financial crutch, taking him of the world banking system, swift, knock the price of oil down below fifty and he’ll have to shut down his aggression and his people will start rioting in the streets. Countries are going to buy oil and LNG why not from us?

Moron.

It's hard to believe, now, but there was a time when Poland was the Big Scary Empire of Eastern Europe. And Euros have long memories. Making Poland into a "mini superpower" now might have unintended consequences.

The Poles remember 1939 when they were attacked by Nazi Germany from the West and the USSR from the East and all they had was cavalry against tanks.

Flying Hussars charged German light tanks and... won the day, despite huge loses.

It's a powerful legend, a fitting end to the legendary force. But it's not quite true. They won. They rode their horses. But they also deployed their brand new, just like weeks before adopted armored cars. So they fight even if still unequal, wasn't quite as crazy as knights against armour.

Although, back in the they were the armour indeed. Quite possibly, the world's best heavy cavalry ever. Unfortunately, it was next to unusable and uncontrollable because of political reasons. Poland never was the "scary empire" even when they were powerful on paper, while the union of two words transitioned from Lithuania with Polish province to Poland with Lithuanian province...

But if Sigismund III Vasa, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, who was crowned King of Sweden in 1592, succeeded to actually unify the two in a single empire not just hold awkward personal union (with ended with Swedes dropping him in a civil war), the history of Europe could be very different.

The thing is:
I AM shocked and horrified by the invasion.Just like everyone else

But the whole thing is so surreal and incomprehensible in this day and age,
I keep being pulled in the other direction:
"What if Putin did it because Ukrainian govt. had weapons of mass destruction, or Western meddling or Rusophobe nazis threatening Russians livingnin Ukraine, or whatever?"
But then my mom keeps reminding me of Putin's prior speeches about The Great Russia.

But what's clear to me, is that Putin never expected to see such gigantic masses of terrified Ukrainians fleeing to other countries.
Shows you just out of touch with the common folk dictators become, they surround themselves with ass kissers.

Most analysts would disagree with you. Oil at 100 dollars a barrel is making Putin rich.
Sounds generic and unsupported. Oil could be $2000/Barrell...if he can't get to the money, it doesn't matter

But you continue to work your angle all you want.

The thing is:
I AM shocked and horrified by the invasion.Just like everyone else

But the whole thing is so surreal and incomprehensible in this day and age,
I keep being pulled in the other direction:
"What if Putin did it because Ukrainian govt. had weapons of mass destruction, or Western meddling or Rusophobe nazis threatening Russians livingnin Ukraine, or whatever?"
But then my mom keeps reminding me of Putin's prior speeches about The Great Russia.

But what's clear to me, is that Putin never expected to see such gigantic masses of terrified Ukrainians fleeing to other countries.
Shows you just out of touch with the common folk dictators become, they surround themselves with ass kissers.
Every generation assumes that somehow it has managed to abrogate basic human nature.
This has yet to transpire. Conflict is the natural order be it individual or aggregate.

Putin (Russia) did not get more evil or more powerful.
We became placid, contented and weaker.
Putin senses and fills a vacuum.
Basic human nature.

Sounds generic and unsupported. Oil could be $2000/Barrell...if he can't get to the money, it doesn't matter

But you continue to work your angle all you want.
My point is, if you want Europe to stop importing Russian energy you have to provide them with an alternative source, we can provide that. Isolating Russia from world banks is one of many options to make Putin pay. Eventually it will lead to a run on Banks internally and could cause a total collapse of their economy but there are enough client states who would cut off imports to cause a double whammy. Flooding the market with US. and Canadian oil would lower the price offsetting OPEC and Iran who are playing the high price game to their advantage.

How are we going to supply it when half the voting public wants to return us to The Dark Ages?

My point is, if you want Europe to stop importing Russian energy you have to provide them with an alternative source, we can provide that. Isolating Russia from world banks is one of many options to make Putin pay. Eventually it will lead to a run on Banks internally and could cause a total collapse of their economy but there are enough client states who would cut off imports to cause a double whammy. Flooding the market with US. and Canadian oil would lower the price offsetting OPEC and Iran who are playing the high price game to their advantage.
Right...I get what you're saying, but I don't think you've thought through the execution. You don't just "open up all lands to drilling" and suddenly the market has a ton of oil.

We were already backlogged on new oil drilling when Biden took office. They could easily ramp those up and get more oil there, but oil companies probably don't want to act against their own interests.....they like drilling in Russia.

We trained the Afghans for 20 years...
Yep..and yet we didn't train Ukrainians. Poland is right there...send in secret forces to train and support.

Culturally, I don't think you can compare the two.

Right...I get what you're saying, but I don't think you've thought through the execution. You don't just "open up all lands to drilling" and suddenly the market has a ton of oil.

We were already backlogged on new oil drilling when Biden took office. They could easily ramp those up and get more oil there, but oil companies probably don't want to act against their own interests.....they like drilling in Russia.
We in the UK have similar problems. BP (British Petroleum) owns 28% of a Russian oil company.

We have vast reserves of oil and gas that could be obtained by fracking - so much that we could become a net exporter, but our green policies mean we will not allow fracking. Mad.

Yep..and yet we didn't train Ukrainians. Poland is right there...send in secret forces to train and support.

Culturally, I don't think you can compare the two.

My point is... We don't have a very good track record of training other peoples' armies.

20 years. Enough time for a US "Trainer" to be recruited, serve and retire, and the trainees still threw down their weapons and ran like Frenchmen at the first sign of a fight.

My point is... We don't have a very good track record of training other peoples' armies.

20 years. Enough time for a US "Trainer" to be recruited, serve and retire, and the trainees still threw down their weapons and ran like Frenchmen at the first sign of a fight.
Not saying we do or not.....Afghans throwing down their weapons has nothing to do with our training. You can't train the will to fight

Back