meanwhile in tennessee...

butters

High on a Hill
governor bill lee signs into law the permission for almost anyone 21 years and older to carry guns, concealed or not, without permit or training, the age being 18 - 20 for anyone in military service. included in this bill are tougher penalties for gun crimes.

so almost anyone can carry, concealed or open, no training, no permits, no background checks required.

what could possibly go wrong?

you need training and a permit to drive a car, transport hazardous materials, practice medicine, produce and sell food... but guns, god, and ignorance are celebrated as basic human rights, it seems.

Currently, any adult who is not a prohibited person, like a felon, can purchase a gun in Tennessee. Anyone 18 or older with a license can carry it openly. You have to be over 21 with a license to carry a concealed weapon.

But come July, people over 21 will be allowed to purchase a gun and carry it openly or concealed without a permit.

Director Rallings with the Memphis Police Department has been very vocal and stressing concern about this bill.

“I think permitless carry is bad for Memphis. I don’t see how it is such a great thing for the state of Tennessee when the state of Tennessee leads the nation in violence, one of the top three in violence, especially violence against children,” Rallings stated last month.

Lee initially proposed the National Rifle Association-backed legislation last year before the COVID-19 pandemic caused lawmakers to narrow their focus. The Republican governor renewed that effort when lawmakers returned for this year’s legislative session.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...allowing-permitless-carry-in-tenn/ar-BB1frFwr

Well, golly gee, that's just fantastic news. We can now have more good guys with guns to stop the bad guys with guns. Soon all these stories of mass shootings will be just a distant memory.

:rolleyes:

South Carolina just passed this too, I think?
dunno :(

how much can biden's eo announced today counteract any of this or can't it? i was under the impression a federal law overrules a state one... is that right? or can the states give a fuck-u middle finger to the new eo laws/any new federal legislation on gun control?

My heart is sore, and the killing season has just begun.

All because a small number of arseholes want to troll a Democrat president,
and prove their loyalty to Trump.

how much can biden's eo announced today counteract any of this or can't it? i was under the impression a federal law overrules a state one... is that right? or can the states give a fuck-u middle finger to the new eo laws/any new federal legislation on gun control?
An Executive Order is not law... so yes, states can basically tell biden to go F himself...

Owning a gun is a Constitutional right... driving a car is a privilege not a right... all the rest of your examples require a license...

That said... the fascists should not be allowed to require an ID for voting but have no ID requirement to purchase and own a gun... perhaps we should have gun registration and make them travel to a voting place and stand in line to maintain their weapon registration...

The gun fetishists here would have you believe that the Second Amendment guarantees a right to commit mass murder...especially if you have had a "bad day".

Federal law does overrule state ones, but states are under no obligation to enforce federal laws either and an EO is just a fart in the wind with no authority AFAIK over the states.

Blue states led the way on that standard with becoming pot and "undocumented citizens" sanctuary states.

Now red states are all going 2A sanctuary states/constitutional carry.

Wait till they get to their "Commonsense" abortion regulations. :D you guys are gonna fucking FREAK OUT and it's going to be glorious.

That said... the fascists should not be allowed to require an ID for voting but have no ID requirement to purchase and own a gun... perhaps we should have gun registration and make them travel to a voting place and stand in line to maintain their weapon registration...

Awww someone is mad Democracy isn't going how THEY want.

Red states are going to treat guns like blue states treat illegal immigrants, and we're going to regulate abortion the way blue states regulate guns.

And there is NOTHING you can do about it short of starting an all out civil war and I don't think you lot have the minerals for that.

I love to see it :D stay salty comrades.

The gun fetishists here would have you believe that the Second Amendment guarantees a right to commit mass murder...especially if you have had a "bad day".

That's a Rob fantasy that Rob can't support with anything fact based.

Just more frayed leftist fee fees on display here....upset about civil liberties winning out over the brand of jack booted control freak he prefers.

governor bill lee signs into law the permission for almost anyone 21 years and older to carry guns, concealed or not, without permit or training, the age being 18 - 20 for anyone in military service. included in this bill are tougher penalties for gun crimes.

so almost anyone can carry, concealed or open, no training, no permits, no background checks required.

what could possibly go wrong?

you need training and a permit to drive a car, transport hazardous materials, practice medicine, produce and sell food... but guns, god, and ignorance are celebrated as basic human rights, it seems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...allowing-permitless-carry-in-tenn/ar-BB1frFwr

Welcome to backwater, backwards, unexceptional USA!

MAGA at killing folks with guns.

They still have that mentality that "dem minorities" are out to get them and commit retribution.

That's the whole mentality behind this gun humping. Pure paranoia.

Last edited:
What does it mean to "bear arms?"

Oh look, another generic gun massacre response.
TMW2012-12-19colorsmall.jpeg

I'm not interested in re-litigating bad faith sealion questions.

You're not re-anything any bad faith questions.

You just don't like civil liberties that scare the fucking shit out of you because you don't understand them.

The end.

I've never seen a coherent 2nd Amendment justification for high capacity magazines.

Shall not be infringed....NEXT!!! :D

Oh wait too much reality, better lean on that racism some more old white guy. :)

Several states I believe have already passed laws barring enforcement of any new gun regulations, so that and the whole 'suing takes years no matter what' situation means not a lot of change.

The top three safest states in one survey, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, are all constitutional carry states. Food for thought.

One theory is that the possibility of people being armed may keep crime down, as criminals are not the bravest of people.

Back