New Mexico Governor suspends Constitutional Rights

HisArpy

Loose canon extraordinair
New Mexico's Governor has decided that the crime wave she and the rest of the D's have allowed in Albuquerque constitutes an emergency and she signed an Exec Order suspending the 2nd Amendment. Even if you have a concealed carry permit, your permit is suspended. Police, of course, are exempt from the order.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...n-and-concealed-carry-in-albuquerque-n2628187

Now some words from our sponsor...

“Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten.” The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn v. Cuomo, 495 F. Supp. 3d 118 (E.D.N.Y. 2020)

New Mexico's Governor has decided that the crime wave she and the rest of the D's have allowed in Albuquerque constitutes an emergency and she signed an Exec Order suspending the 2nd Amendment. Even if you have a concealed carry permit, your permit is suspended. Police, of course, are exempt from the order.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...n-and-concealed-carry-in-albuquerque-n2628187

“Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten.” The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn v. Cuomo, 495 F. Supp. 3d 118 (E.D.N.Y. 2020)
The response from the CCW community has been a resounding, "Go Fuck Yourself!"

This is why I favor sticks and my bare hands over guns. Can’t as easily restrict them and they have a longer history of being great accurate defense mechanisms. The greatest swordsman of Japan is rumored to have never lost a duel but who fought him to a draw? A farmer with a quarter staff. I’m skilled like that farmer. ;)

I don't support this action nor do I know what the end goal is. The only thing I can think of is that police action against criminals has not been adequately able to adjust.

I'd expect that concealed carry being legal without permit can cause issues in tracking down criminals without a proper process in place.

I don't support this action nor do I know what the end goal is. The only thing I can think of is that police action against criminals has not been adequately able to adjust.

I'd expect that concealed carry being legal without permit can cause issues in tracking down criminals without a proper process in place.
It's not the police, it's the prosecutors and certain judges. Albuquerque now has its second Soros funded DA in succession. The police are as frustrated as the citizens and are quitting faster than they can be replaced.

There is no permit-less concealed carry. There is open carry but the criminals don't open carry because that opens them up to 'stop and check' by the police.

What the governor has done is allowed the criminal element an open season on the citizens so no one is going to comply with that horseshit 'order.' She isn't a queen and we aren't subjects.

Upholding the constitution isn’t absolute, is it?

It's not the police, it's the prosecutors and certain judges. Albuquerque now has its second Soros funded DA in succession. The police are as frustrated as the citizens and are quitting faster than they can be replaced.
They work together. The police need to collect evidence for the prosecutors.

There is no permit-less concealed carry. There is open carry but the criminals don't open carry because that opens them up to 'stop and check' by the police.
Why are you an authority on why criminals do things?

What the governor has done is allowed the criminal element an open season on the citizens so no one is going to comply with that horseshit 'order.' She isn't a queen and we aren't subjects.
Your opinion is noted. She has a reason for her actions outside of your narrative driven brain.

She didn’t suspend the 2nd amendment. She suspended the CHL for 30 days.
Big difference. Man you have turned into a Histronic idiot like chubby and AJ.
Must be too much carbon water…

New Mexico Sheriff Tells Tyrannical Governor He Will Not Comply with Temporary New Mexico Gun Ban​

By Jim Hoft Sep. 9, 2023 8:45 am

On Friday, New Mexico’s tyrannical Democrat Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency in response to the shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6.

Today, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham issued an emergency order temporarily suspending open and concealed carry laws in Albuquerque and throughout Bernalillo County for the next 30 days. This move has been positioned as a response to the alarming and tragic rise in gun violence, particularly the heart-wrenching death of an 11-year-old boy this past week.

First and foremost, every lost life is a tragedy, and the well-being of our community is of paramount concern to the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office. We share in the collective grief and urgency to address this issue.

However, as the elected Sheriff, I have reservations regarding this order. While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our Constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold. I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense.

I was elected to represent and safeguard all constituents and to ensure the balance between our rights and public safety is maintained. That means we must critically evaluate any proposed solution to the deeply rooted issue of gun violence, ensuring we both protect our community and uphold the values that define us as a nation.

More here: ttps://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/new-mexico-sheriff-tells-tyrannical-governor-he-will/

It's time for the citizens of New Mexico to impeach their un-American Governor.

The citizens of New Mexico don't like it when the wrong citizens exercise their 2A rights.

This is the Mulford Act all over again.

They work together. The police need to collect evidence for the prosecutors.

Why are you an authority on why criminals do things?

Your opinion is noted. She has a reason for her actions outside of your narrative driven brain.
I work with Law Enforcement at all levels in this state, local, county, state, and federal. I listen to what the rank and file have to say. As such I DO KNOW what's going on with the prosecutors and certain problematic judges. There is one judge that has let two different people charged with 1st degree murder out on 'ankle bracelet arrest." One cut the monitor off and bolted, the other committed 4 other felonies while wearing the monitor. How did that happen? It seems the courts didn't monitor the 'arrestees' on nights or weekends. :rolleyes: And those are just samples of what's going on.

Albuquerque has become the crossroads of the drug trade. Take a look at a map to figure out why. It's not that there's a huge local market, there isn't, but it is a convenient distribution hub. The crime, and especially murder, have escalated as the Jalisco New Generation cartel is challenging the Sinaloa cartel for control of the "hub" and the JNG cartel are notoriously violent.

Virtually ALL of the arrests made by the local DEA office are illegals, and illegals represent approx. half of the arrests made by the State police. Illegals represent around 30% of local and county arrests. Many of the arrests at the local, county, and State level are repeat arrests so the 50% and 30% number are artificially high, revolving door justice. The Fed number is solid as are the Federal judges, not too many repeat arrests at that level.

In addition to the Sheriff not enforcing the new royal edict, the Alb. Chief of Police has also stated he won't enforce it either. Obviously the Feds aren't going to enforce it and the feckless cunt up in Santa Fe doesn't have enough state police to enforce it. Consequently her royal edict is DOA.

I work with Law Enforcement at all levels in this state, local, county, state, and federal. I listen to what the rank and file have to say. As such I DO KNOW what's going on with the prosecutors and certain problematic judges. There is one judge that has let two different people charged with 1st degree murder out on 'ankle bracelet arrest." One cut the monitor off and bolted, the other committed 4 other felonies while wearing the monitor. How did that happen? It seems the courts didn't monitor the 'arrestees' on nights or weekends. :rolleyes: And those are just samples of what's going on.

Albuquerque has become the crossroads of the drug trade. Take a look at a map to figure out why. It's not that there's a huge local market, there isn't, but it is a convenient distribution hub. The crime, and especially murder, have escalated as the Jalisco New Generation cartel is challenging the Sinaloa cartel for control of the "hub" and the JNG cartel are notoriously violent.

Virtually ALL of the arrests made by the local DEA office are illegals, and illegals represent approx. half of the arrests made by the State police. Illegals represent around 30% of local and county arrests. Many of the arrests at the local, county, and State level are repeat arrests so the 50% and 30% number are artificially high, revolving door justice. The Fed number is solid as are the Federal judges, not too many repeat arrests at that level.

In addition to the Sheriff not enforcing the new royal edict, the Alb. Chief of Police has also stated he won't enforce it either. Obviously the Feds aren't going to enforce it and the feckless cunt up in Santa Fe doesn't have enough state police to enforce it. Consequently her royal edict is DOA.
I already said I didn't agree with it.

Liar.
I work with Law Enforcement
You never have. Ever.
I work with Law Enforcement at all levels in this state, local, county, state, and federal.
Not once. Especially "on all levels."
I work with Law Enforcement at all levels in this state, local, county, state, and federal. I listen to what the rank and file have to say. As such I DO KNOW what's going on with the prosecutors and certain problematic judges.
You DON'T KNOW A FUCKING THING.

Upholding the constitution isn’t absolute, is it?

The governor cannot suspend the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. That's a Federal Constitutional Right and a State Governor doesn't have the power to reach that high.

McCulloch v. Maryland established the concept of Federalism whereby the States don't have the authority to countermand or limit the Federal Government or the US Constitution. "Federal Laws are supreme to conflicting state laws." Supra, 17 U.S.316 (1819).

Thus, the Governor's EO is invalid and illegal. The Sheriff is right to ignore it as it has no effect in either law or society. "An unconstitutional law is void, and is as no law." Ex parte Seibold, 100 U.S. 371 (1880)

My only question is why hasn't the Governor been arrested. 18 USC 242 makes a knowing and intentional deprivation of Constitutional or Civil Rights a crime.

Back