███████████ Mueller Investigation Results Thread ███████████

Trump can't (although he no doubt thinks he can) pardon someone until they've been sentenced.

:D That makes Ford's pardon of Nixon invalid, then.

Aren't you also the aspiring ambulance chaser who insists Flynn has already been "convicted", rather than actually having pled guilty?

:D That makes Ford's pardon of Nixon invalid, then.

Aren't you also the aspiring ambulance chaser who insists Flynn has already been "convicted", rather than actually having pled guilty?

He's pled guilty. so, yes, he's already been convicted. This is a sentencing, not a trial. Who do you think you're fooling?

You Trumpettes are trying to follow Trump's lead in dumping the whole underpinnings of the social system. You are sleazy slimeballs, perpetuating the Russian propaganda campaign to make the American system collapse. Shame on you.

He's pled guilty. so, yes, he's already been convicted. This is a sentencing, not a trial. Who do you think you're fooling?

You Trumpettes are trying to follow Trump's lead in dumping the whole underpinnings of the social system. You are sleazy slimeballs, perpetuating the Russian propaganda campaign to make the American system collapse. Shame on you.

eyer doesn't know what shame is. He also can't fool anyone. ;)

Trump can't (although he no doubt thinks he can) pardon someone until they've been sentenced.

Then, according to you (not law), Ford's pardon of Nixon is invalid, right? Or, are you just going to allow crickets to answer for you?

Then, according to you (not law), Ford's pardon of Nixon is invalid, right? Or, are you just going to allow crickets to answer for you?

Deflection. You are a slimeball who is trying to help undermine the United States. Take a hike out of the country, slimeball. Maybe Trump will find room for you on his plane (if they get it fixed in time; it's had a little accident) on his flight to Riyadh.

Deflection. You are a slimeball who is trying to help undermine the United States. Take a hike out of the country, slimeball. Maybe Trump will find room for you on his plane (if they get it fixed in time; it's had a little accident) on his flight to Riyadh.

Ad hominem is STILL not an argument.

The judge had to walk back his statements about treason. You know why? Flynn wasn't charged with treason and the statement, combined with the rest of the verbal scolding from the judge, shows a serious bias against the defendant for crimes he did not commit, did not plead guilty to, and was never charged with.

The judge is trying to cover his ass so that when he sentences Flynn to jail, the appeals court will uphold it. I don't know if that will work given what the judge said about Flynn being an unregistered foreign agent while in the white house even though he later admitted that Flynn wasn't working for any foreign government while he worked in the WH. This shows a failure by the judge to know and understand the facts of the case he is deciding the sentence for.

All in all, I'm surprised by the statements made by Sullivan. From what I was hearing, he was leaning completely in the opposite direction. For him to go off like that makes me wonder what was in the unredacted parts of the memo he got to see that the rest of us didn't.

Ad hominem is STILL not an argument.

The judge had to walk back his statements about treason. You know why? Flynn wasn't charged with treason and the statement, combined with the rest of the verbal scolding from the judge, shows a serious bias against the defendant for crimes he did not commit, did not plead guilty to, and was never charged with.

The judge is trying to cover his ass so that when he sentences Flynn to jail, the appeals court will uphold it. I don't know if that will work given what the judge said about Flynn being an unregistered foreign agent while in the white house even though he later admitted that Flynn wasn't working for any foreign government while he worked in the WH. This shows a failure by the judge to know and understand the facts of the case he is deciding the sentence for.

All in all, I'm surprised by the statements made by Sullivan. From what I was hearing, he was leaning completely in the opposite direction. For him to go off like that makes me wonder what was in the unredacted parts of the memo he got to see that the rest of us didn't.

Bullshit. The court and the prosecutors have Flynn, the traitor (Lock him Up!) in a vice to squeeze more/deeper cooperation out of him. The prosecutors made a deal with him for his testimony and, though sticking with it, are working with the court to wring him out more. Flynn, in turn, brought out the ridiculous "they tricked me" (don't you and the other Trumpettes feel dirty to even be trying to use false technicalities to justify obvious guilt in sleazy doings?) defense in his memo to give the slimy Trump something to hang his pardon (deepening his obstruction of Justice case) on.

If Flynn had been sentenced today he clearly would be getting jail time, which he so richly deserves. He saw that and pulled back. He deserves federal prison time for abusing his position in society and selling out his country no matter what cooperation he's giving (and I'm betting he's holding the best stuff back, being the rat he is).

It was not an accident that the judge introduced the word "treason," while also nailing Flynn directly midst his leveling of the rat language. Flynn, from the military tradition, got the message even if you Trumpettes want to pretend you don't.

You Trumpettes just don't know how to read what's happening. Tough. You just get dirtier and dirtier yourselves in the process. :D

Last edited:
I'm happy to sit back and watch what happens--even in the face of disgusting Trumpette "whataboutism" and "but look at that little possible technicality sliver of a rat escape hole over there" tactics. :)

Deflection.

I understand your need to. Again, here's what you stated as fact:

Which would make Ford's pardon of Nixon invalid, since Nixon was never tried for anything, or pled to anything, let alone sentenced for anything.

Need to deflect more?

I understand your need to. Again, here's what you stated as fact:

Which would make Ford's pardon of Nixon invalid, since Nixon was never tried for anything, or pled to anything, let alone sentenced for anything.

Need to deflect more?

OK, I'm good with Ford's pardon of Nixon being invalid.

I'm also good with Trump pardoning Flynn. Just another nail, not that we need them, in the obstruction of justice case.

You seem to be good with finding excuses for the most obvious and disgusting corruption and treason. Pretty much defines you.

Bullshit. The court and the prosecutors have Flynn, the traitor (Lock him Up!) in a vice to squeeze more/deeper cooperation out of him. The prosecutors made a deal with him for his testimony and, though sticking with it, are working with the court to wring him out more. Flynn, in turn, brought out the ridiculous "they tricked me" (don't you and the other Trumpettes feel dirty to even be trying to use false technicalities to justify obvious guilt in sleazy doings?) defense in his memo to give the slimy Trump something to hang his pardon (deepening his obstruction of Justice case) on.

If Flynn had been sentenced today he clearly would be getting jail time, which he so richly deserves. He saw that and pulled back. He deserves federal prison time for abusing his position in society and selling out his country no matter what cooperation he's giving (and I'm betting he's holding the best stuff back, being the rat he is).

It was not an accident that the judge introduced the word "treason," while also nailing Flynn directly midst his leveling of the rat language. Flynn, from the military tradition, got the message even if you Trumpettes want to pretend you don't.

You Trumpettes just don't know how to read what's happening. Tough. You just get dirtier and dirtier yourselves in the process. :D

Ad hominem is NEVER going to be an argument.

As for the rest, less vitriol and more reasoning would be nice. For instance, don't you think that the judge mentioning treason, even though it's NEVER been brought up in the case and is not part of the case AT ALL, doesn't show a little bit of personal bias against the defendant?

"Public perception in the trust of the judiciary" is a very real thing. So, when judges inject their personal opinions and beliefs into the process, there's a VERY REAL CHANCE that what's going on isn't based on the actual facts of the case before that judge.

Which is why the judge backpeddled after the break. And why he granted the delay in sentencing.

I don't see the need to respond further to a perpetrator of what a bipartisan U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee report has called a Russian propaganda attack on the underpinnings of the American system. You can be a traitor on our own time.

OK, I'm good with Ford's pardon of Nixon being invalid.

Of course you are, but it's legally not invalid, which proves how utterly false your statement is.

In fact, similar to this Flynn case, President Obama pardoned retired General James Cartwright, who also pled guilty to giving false statements to federal investigators, while he was awaiting sentencing.

What to deflect more?

Ad hominem is NEVER going to be an argument.

As for the rest, less vitriol and more reasoning would be nice. For instance, don't you think that the judge mentioning treason, even though it's NEVER been brought up in the case and is not part of the case AT ALL, doesn't show a little bit of personal bias against the defendant?

"Public perception in the trust of the judiciary" is a very real thing. So, when judges inject their personal opinions and beliefs into the process, there's a VERY REAL CHANCE that what's going on isn't based on the actual facts of the case before that judge.

Which is why the judge backpeddled after the break. And why he granted the delay in sentencing.

2ivvu9.jpg

Point of order. The judge didn't reluctantly "grant" the delay in sentencing for anything he'd said today. He prompted Flynn's lawyers from the get go that they probably wanted to ask for a delay until Flynn's cooperation was played out, strongly hinting that Flynn, who arguably had sold his country out, would get jail time if he was sentenced now. Flynn was prompted to take the offer to try harder in providing goodies. Let's not try to rewrite history this close to what actually happened, Trumpettes.

Point of order. The judge didn't reluctantly "grant" the delay in sentencing for anything he'd said today. He prompted Flynn's lawyers from the get go that they probably wanted to ask for a delay until Flynn's cooperation was played out, strongly hinting that Flynn, who arguably had sold his country out, would get jail time if he was sentenced now. Flynn was prompted to take the offer to try harder in providing goodies. Let's not try to rewrite history this close to what actually happened, Trumpettes.

Please stop trying to rewrite history.

Not so sure about that. The case against Flynn's two associates was unsealed and provided to Judge Sullivan yesterday for a reason: to implicate Flynn further in spite of his counsel's earlier try at presenting prosecutors as somehow entrapping Flynn and charging him with a single count of lying to federal investigators.

Seems to me Flynn and his lawyers perceived the Judge would come down on Flynn as hard as possible in sentencing him today because of that new information and decided that they could get back to possibly as little jail time as possible if Flynn cooperates in providing more information in the next 90 days in the prosecution of his two former associates.

If those two indictments weren't unsealed and presented to the Judge yesterday, and the facts that prosecutors failed to present to the Judge by Fridays deadline the original 302 he demanded, which prosecutors also finally presented yesterday, I thought maybe Flynn's charge might possibly be dismissed.

Not now. Besides "Arguably" indicting Flynn for "treason" himself, Judge Sullivan also made it a public point to compare Flynn's lying to investigators charge gravely more serious than Papadopoulos' equal charge/plea, which resulted in a 14 day sentence (he got out in 12). I imagine Flynn was not only looking at the full 60 day limit, but prosecutors also guaranteed him he'd catch no slack at all as they continue to prosecute his two former associates.

90 days from now, if Flynn satisfactorily cooperates with prosecutors, he'll be back before Judge Sullivan looking to have re-earned prosector's recommendation of no prison time.

If I'm not mistaken, Judge Sullivan was appointed by Bill Clinton. For your reading pleasure...

Sullivan resumed Flynn’s sentencing hearing and expressed regret for an earlier statement in which he falsely suggested that Flynn’s activities as an unregistered foreign agent continued into his time as Trump’s national security adviser. Sullivan had asked whether that would be treason.

"I feel terrible about that,” Sullivan said, adding he had never presided over a treason case. Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack confirmed the facts and said that “the government has no reason to believe that the defendant committed treason.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nn-to-be-sentenced-in-washington-court-update

So many Comrades posting here making the Mother Land and Putin proud.

Back