More idiot jounalism

bellisarius

Literotica Guru
Yellowstone

It is currently unclear how the crack opened but it is likely due to normal seismic activity in the national park area.

Russian collusion? Bears with shovels? The US "syndrome"? (A Chinese reactor melt down for the mentally impaired.)

I'm consistently amazed as to how they report natural events in a CYA mode while expounding on political events with absolute assurance.

Yellowstone

Russian collusion? Bears with shovels? The US "syndrome"? (A Chinese reactor melt down for the mentally impaired.)

I'm consistently amazed as to how they report natural events in a CYA mode while expounding on political events with absolute assurance.

Where in the article you cite is there any mention of political events at all? It seems you're less amazed than just lying about what's actually in the article.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not getting the point here. There was nothing to that article except straightforward reporting of a geological event and a partial park closure.

Yellowstone

It's time to step away from the computer for a while.

You're about to go full Alex Jones.

Yellowstone

How would you recommend we try to shame a geographical fault?

Seems like OP it's whining about science reporting and political commentary being held to different standards, but then gives an article about Yellowstone as an example of "idiot reporting."

In other words...

i-have-a-suggestion-dont-drink-and-post.jpg

Ish Baited All Of You Fools Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

To the OP:

I would assume that various news organizations occasionally accidentally hire a graduate of Journalism school who takes journalism seriously. When the person fails to properly insert approved narratives into their "news" stories they get punished by being relegated to writing about nature.

This particular reporter probably got fired after this piece because there is no tie in to global warming.

Yeah I'm not getting the point here. There was nothing to that article except straightforward reporting of a geological event and a partial park closure.

The point was that only on non-politically driven stories, where the "reporter" is not trying to advance an agenda do you suddenly see old-style, actual journalism. In this case it was over the top with an abundance of caution that wasn't even necessary.

Speaking of idiot journalism, did anyone watch the Hannity show last night? It was hilarious.

To the OP:

I would assume that various news organizations occasionally accidentally hire a graduate of Journalism school who takes journalism seriously. When the person fails to properly insert approved narratives into their "news" stories they get punished by being relegated to writing about nature.

This particular reporter probably got fired after this piece because there is no tie in to global warming.

The point was that only on non-politically driven stories, where the "reporter" is not trying to advance an agenda do you suddenly see old-style, actual journalism. In this case it was over the top with an abundance of caution that wasn't even necessary.

So the journalist was doing his job by making his article interesting and engaging the reader? I'll disregard your dramatic hyperbole about being fired for not mentioning global warming. And don't you have enough to apologize for without having to apologize for other right-wing idiots like 45 and Ishtard?

An old, crotchety, whiny rightist male bitching about journalists? What's new?

They learn from their idiotic Fuhrer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You rightists are PREDICTABLE.

An old, crotchety, whiny rightist male bitching about journalists? What's new?

They learn from their idiotic Fuhrer. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You rightists are PREDICTABLE.

Biig fan of the quality of "journalists" at, say, Fox News or Breitbart?

That's what I thought.

Journalism is an honorable profession with a storied past and is the brink of extinction. No one on the left or the right castigates actual journalism on the rare instance they run across it.

If half the readers object to the slant of an article, the reporter got it wrong. Readers should have absolutely no idea what a reporters political preferences entail.

I can't really blame you for not understanding all of this because journalism died before you were born.

So the journalist was doing his job by making his article interesting and engaging the reader? I'll disregard your dramatic hyperbole about being fired for not mentioning global warming. And don't you have enough to apologize for without having to apologize for other right-wing idiots like 45 and Ishtard?

There is nothing "interesting or engaging" about unnecessarily stating the obvious. When writing an article about sunrise tomorrow you don't include "Sunrise which is allegedly expected to occur tomorrow morning."

The preponderance of including references to possible ties to global warming is not hyperbole on my part. It happens all the time about naturally occurring events that clearly have no tie whatsoever to global warming, for example, earthquakes. It's just a nice buzz word that creates more hits because people like Frodo have their news feeds tuned for "news" featuring global warming.

Speaking of idiot journalism, did anyone watch the Hannity show last night? It was hilarious.

Another old, crotchety, whiny rightist male bitching about journalists!

Nowisthetime is so on point; you rightists are PREDICTABLE.

There is nothing "interesting or engaging" about unnecessarily stating the obvious. When writing an article about sunrise tomorrow you don't include "Sunrise which is allegedly expected to occur tomorrow morning."

The preponderance of including references to possible ties to global warming is not hyperbole on my part. It happens all the time about naturally occurring events that clearly have no tie whatsoever to global warming, for example, earthquakes. It's just a nice buzz word that creates more hits because people like Frodo have their news feeds tuned for "news" featuring global warming.

You're no writer and the consensus is that the article is fine as-is. Quit being you.

You're no writer and the consensus is that the article is fine as-is. Quit being you.

Another failed Ishmael/Bellasaurus thread.

The guy just keeps embarassing himself. Time to take his daily nap.

If you were a better reader you would glean that nowhere in this entire thread did I even obliquely reference my writin' chops.

Humans are mammals; most mammals are herd animals. Building consensus is a great idea for keeping a herd together.

As I'm sure you know, cable news viewers have reached consensus on where to turn for the best journalism. That would be Fox News. Ain't consensus grand?

If you were a better reader you would glean that nowhere in this entire thread did I even obliquely reference my writin' chops.

Humans are mammals; most mammals are herd animals. Building consensus is a great idea for keeping a herd together.

As I'm sure you know, cable news viewers have reached consensus on where to turn for the best journalism. That would be Fox News. Ain't consensus grand?

Ahahahahahaha! No one likes me so it's a herd mentality and not me being a useless asshole!

Old, feeble-minded, isolated bigots, you mean?

Faux news?

LMAO!!!! :rolleyes:

To the OP:

So, now you’ve sunken to Franziasplaining?

So, now you’ve sunken to Franziasplaining?

What exactly are you defending here ?...the idea that the article was well-written or the idea that politics doesn't creep into what passes for journalism today?

What exactly are you defending here ?...the idea that the article was well-written or the idea that politics doesn't creep into what passes for journalism today?

Are you reading something defensive in what I posted? You should look into that.

Last edited:
Back