The NRA is sinking.

I sensed a disturbance.

giphy.gif

:D

Some might. :cool:

il_570xN.1417290365_1qck.jpg

Thats because gun manufactures are a bad investment at the moment. Sales are down after loosing the #1 gun salesman, Barack Hussein Obama.

Mmm.

Nothing sells guns in America like white people scared of powerful black people with blackity-black names loosed.

tumblr_mxkhdlm4TK1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

:D

The comments coming out of the NRA are mostly disgraceful lies.

What a bunch of cunts.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/companies-sticking-by-the-nra_us_5a903e4be4b01e9e56bb57af

Chubb, which underwrites the NRA’s Carry Guard firearms insurance, will follow suit.
One.
Symantec’s LifeLock, an identity-theft prevention service, and Norton, which offers computer security software, have also stopped providing discounts to NRA members.
Two.
They were quickly joined by home security system provider SimpliSafe.
Three.
MetLife, which provided NRA members with home and auto insurance, decided to nix its partnership, too.

“We value all our customers but have decided to end our discount program with the NRA,” a MetLife spokesman said in a statement.
Four.

The NRA could turn all of this around with one simple fix - announce a draft of measures to ensure their guns cannot be sold to anyone who has not passed a detailed, comprehensive background check. They could actively contribute to a new national standard.
Why can't they see that?

Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before. This taxi drives by every 10-15 years or so. Funny thing though, every time this shit start membership and donations to the NRA-ILA surge. Just like gun sales every time Obama opened his fucking mouth.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before. This taxi drives by every 10-15 years or so. Funny thing though, every time this shit start membership and donations to the NRA-ILA surge. Just like gun sales every time Obama opened his fucking mouth.
Funny, I thought sales were driven by rightwing fuckheads (paid to push sales) screaming that BHO was going to take away guns. But he didn't. Boo hoo. And now that DJT can't be tarred with the same brush, personal firearms sales plummet. Boo hoo.

Oh, and about those 'donations'. Where does NRA get their money, besides from Russian oligarchs?
Less than half of the NRA's income is from membership dues and program fees; the majority is from contributions, grants, royalties, and advertising.
Advertising bucks are drying up. Boo hoo. Unreported foreign money might result in fines. Boo hoo. NRA execs might be indicted as unregistered foreign agents. Cry me a river.

Funny, I thought sales were driven by rightwing fuckheads (paid to push sales) screaming that BHO was going to take away guns. But he didn't. Boo hoo. And now that DJT can't be tarred with the same brush, personal firearms sales plummet. Boo hoo.

Oh, and about those 'donations'. Where does NRA get their money, besides from Russian oligarchs? Advertising bucks are drying up. Boo hoo. Unreported foreign money might result in fines. Boo hoo. NRA execs might be indicted as unregistered foreign agents. Cry me a river.

Like I said, it's all been seen before.

Hmmm, why not start with membership. Membership=Advertising market. Once this kerfluffle is over the advertisers will all be back. Most aren't going to leave to begin with.

Next, the ILA, the political arm of the NRA, cannot be used to funnel money to any one particular campaign or candidate. It is essentially a PAC just like any other PAC. PAC's do NOT have to disclose their donors.

There has been a concerned effort from anti-gun folks to demand that businesses divest from the gun industry.

This isn't an example of the NRA sinking, it's an example of anti-gunners trying to engage in sanctions.

I already don't use paypal because of their anti-gun stances, I have no problem not using Enterprise either.

Where did I say people where not allowed to vote with their dollars?

I think they should.

However, none of these are examples of the NRA sinking, which is what I actually said.
You've beautifully illustrated my point.
So when your team does it, it's "the free market", when the other team does it, it's "sanctions".

I think that it's possible that Parkland was the last straw. Social media was in it's infancy during Columbine and Sandy Hook. It should be easy to organize an anti-NRA lobby to buy legislators who will enact sensible gun laws.

Yes, because social media can only be used to organize anti-gun folks...

:rolleyes:

You've beautifully illustrated my point.
So when your team does it, it's "the free market", when the other team does it, it's "sanctions".

My point in the first post, was to illustrate that this is not an indication of the NRA "sinking" as the title implies.

Do any of these things show the NRA "sinking" in your opinion?

Thats because gun manufactures are a bad investment at the moment. Sales are down after loosing the #1 gun salesman, Barack Hussein Obama.

Guess I have to educate you too...just as I did Que.

Do a google search...do you know what that is? Search the string of words "Gun transactions by year". Look at the graphs. See how the upward trajectory changed in 2005? Now who was president then?

Now, look at the upward trajectory of the line increase from 2005 to present. You can draw a straight line through it huh...what do you think that means? It means the rate didn't change. Rate of what? Rate of gun transactions didn't change from the time Obama was president from the rate prior.

My point in the first post, was to illustrate that this is not an indication of the NRA "sinking" as the title implies.

Do any of these things show the NRA "sinking" in your opinion?

Companies backing away from the NRA? Yeah, a little.
I think the NRA has painted itself into a corner is a bigger sign though.

Guess I have to educate you too...just as I did Que.

Do a google search...do you know what that is? Search the string of words "Gun transactions by year". Look at the graphs. See how the upward trajectory changed in 2005? Now who was president then?

Now, look at the upward trajectory of the line increase from 2005 to present. You can draw a straight line through it huh...what do you think that means? It means the rate didn't change. Rate of what? Rate of gun transactions didn't change from the time Obama was president from the rate prior.

You are an idiot.

During the slowest economic recovery ever, when just about any other durable good you could name decreased in sales, guns not only maintained their brisk, annual sales but actually increased, and your argument is that the RATE of increase needed to be even higher than the year-to-year increases in order to credit Obama?

Well ok then.

Sure loved that Bush bull-market then.

Chubb have said they're going to stop underwriting NRA insurance for gun owners.

Chubb have said they're going to stop underwriting NRA insurance for gun owners.

No problem: "The mandatory government firearms insurance exchanges will be bending the cost curve down. Bahahahahaha." -Jonathon Gruber

Back