Changing Profile Info

it's been this way for an entire month and none of the mods or admin's will do a thing about it. I've emailed a ton of times and no one even seems to care. It's such an easy fix but everybody on this site seems lazzyyyyyyy.

Sorry about the issue. It's a linking issue that we are working on now!

In the meantime, you can update your Lit Profile here:
https://literotica.com/my/#/user/profile

Thank you for the reports. :D

Its literally a 2 minutes fix and its been at least a month, lol whats the issue? it seens like no one really cares no matter how many people say something. its the 10th and this was posted the 1st.....

Thank you for all of the feedback and comments on this issue! :D

We are in the middle of making major changes to the entire backend of Lit. One of the upcoming steps in this update is an upgrade to the Lit forum software. Some of the work has required intermittent disconnections between the site profile and the forum profile. We are working to make that connection permanent as soon as possible. Our goal is to bring member/author profiles into sync across the entire site.

Thank you again and sorry for the issues during the updates! :D

Thank you for all of the feedback and comments on this issue! :D

We are in the middle of making major changes to the entire backend of Lit. One of the upcoming steps in this update is an upgrade to the Lit forum software. Some of the work has required intermittent disconnections between the site profile and the forum profile. We are working to make that connection permanent as soon as possible. Our goal is to bring member/author profiles into sync across the entire site.

Thank you again and sorry for the issues during the updates! :D

No offense but it's far from intermittent. The Edit Profile link on the Forum sends us to Edit Email & Password instead (http://forum.literotica.com/profile.php?do=editpassword). Is the functionality to update the profile already deactivated or can you provide a link to it as a work around the same way you provided a link to the story side profile?

Cheers

it's been this way for an entire month and none of the mods or admin's will do a thing about it. I've emailed a ton of times and no one even seems to care. It's such an easy fix but everybody on this site seems lazzyyyyyyy.

Could be posted about many things... Yet they have found ways to ban me & others many times over... People who admit/claim to have reported issues that led to those bans have done far worse (& I have reported them), & they remain active members, posters, & more...

Just tried to find list of stories I recently commented on, etc. (Like to take links & see if anyone has responded), & got this:

Whoops!
(This is an error page.)

There was a problem with something or another that wouldn't let us do something that we were supposed to do.

Srly, you would think it's a simple fix. Just fix the url link to the "edit profile." Right now, it's linked to chage password url. Unless I'm missing something, but what does that have to do with software upgrade or website revamp. Did the completely disabled the edit profile capability or that page??

The Literotica Forum is run on a standard commercial vBulletin platform, which just works out-of-the-box. I don't know how or why they've broken the Edit Profile page, but it needs fixing soon – it's basic core functionality.

The Literotica Forum is run on a standard commercial vBulletin platform, which just works out-of-the-box. I don't know how or why they've broken the Edit Profile page, but it needs fixing soon – it's basic core functionality.

That's what I thought about the Forum side. Though they're working on "linking" forum and author profiles to one, you would think the forum is still there... unless they completely disabled "edit your profile" page for this linkage ...

Srly, you would think it's a simple fix. Just fix the url link to the "edit profile." Right now, it's linked to chage password url. Unless I'm missing something, but what does that have to do with software upgrade or website revamp. Did the completely disabled the edit profile capability or that page??

It *IS* a simple fix!!!

but that would require someone actually giving a shit. its been over a month of "we're working on it". what the hell does that mean? "working on it" literally means working on it LOL. That's a verb. Planning to work on it in 2 months is not the same thing as fucking fixing it. its a 3 minute fix. period. but no one gives a shit, Mods dont even reply, the "contact us" button does nothing. This site is becoming a joke when no one wants to take 3 minutes to fix the issue, and instead they want to just say week after week after week after week that they're working on it.

đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©đź’©

When will we be able to edit our profiles??? This is ridiculous.

The proper term is Liticulous, as this place has problems none other would have for as long as it does without informing us &/or fixing it (the latter especially when it is 1-or-more of us informing them it exists).

The proper term is Liticulous, as this place has problems none other would have for as long as it does without informing us &/or fixing it (the latter especially when it is 1-or-more of us informing them it exists).

Bunch of lazy ass morons running this site, pathetic.

just say you're "working on" something...when "working on it" takes as long as it does to type this sentence, and you'll be good! morons wont even reply to messages either.

THIS IS A 3 MINUTE FIX PEOPLE. What the hell is the problem???

Bunch of lazy ass morons running this site, pathetic.

just say you're "working on" something...when "working on it" takes as long as it does to type this sentence, and you'll be good! morons wont even reply to messages either.

THIS IS A 3 MINUTE FIX PEOPLE. What the hell is the problem???

My initial mistake: Got the post in an E-mail, & thought you were referring to me.

Answer to your question (since I realized you weren't): The facts are in the names.

"Manu"... Full name is "Manu can complain all you like, but I'll get to it if & when I want."

"Laurel" = "Laurel chance anything will ever get fixed around here."

(Goodbye to all if this gets me banned.... But that would mean I was also proven wrong, as 1 of them actually did something.)

My initial mistake: Got the post in an E-mail, & thought you were referring to me.

Answer to your question (since I realized you weren't): The facts are in the names.

"Manu"... Full name is "Manu can complain all you like, but I'll get to it if & when I want."

"Laurel" = "Laurel chance anything will ever get fixed around here."

(Goodbye to all if this gets me banned.... But that would mean I was also proven wrong, as 1 of them actually did something.)

Bahahahaha banish us, ya dingos. this shit is RIDICULOUS.

and about the signature....it would be in my PROFILE, if i could actually access it. the men on this site are a piece of work. totally shameless pigs. mostly cheaters, all entitled and im soo tired of miserable terds messaging me who dont have the balls to divorce and find someone worth spending your time with instead of getting on here and making up damn excuses. its beyond pathetic and its why so many women leave this website and many never come back. I literally get people who will message me and ask if I'm single and then right after they ask me that they will casually mention that they don't really remember what my profile says. So they can get off the hook for the fact that they straight up disrespected my wishes and thought that somehow I would want to waste my time talking to them. And then you have the 90% of people on here who use others photos and refused to send you anything real or act like a normal human. LOL sorry for the Long response but the people on this website are a damn joke. All a bunch of mental cases and it really sucks that people are so pathetic and shady that they can't even be honest or genuine anymore. I mean what kind of a grown man goes online to look for photos of random dick and then saves said photos of these dicks to redistribute for attention? That's psycho shit. I don't really care about being mouthy on this website when half of the people on here should be in a damn straitjacket and drugged

The entire infrastructure of the site is being updated from older technology and frequently modded old code in order to accommodate modern features and meet mobile display requirements Google is implementing with relation to search ranking.

When you're tearing something down practically to the ground behind the scenes while still keeping the basic functionality of the whole site up and running, you have to make sacrifices. Every minute you spend fixing something that glitches out is a minute you're not moving forward with the full rebuild.

Taking the time to explain that is taking away time that could be used to work on the project as well.

And fixing something in software that's slated for upgrade to the latest version is even less time-effective. Upgrading to the current VBulletin is one of the stated goals of the site rebuild.

You don't replace the starter in a car to drive it to the junkyard.

My guess is that the linking fixes are being worked on with an eye toward the future. The current version of VBulletin isn't included in that future. They're probably making sure everything is going to work properly in the new version they're going to roll out. If they can solve the issue in the existing version in the meantime, that's all well and good, but it's probably not the priority, and should't be.

Remember, this is an enormous site with a massive database and around a million unique hits a day. Keeping the core site functioning ( which does not include the forum. It's irrelevant to the majority of visitors. ) is an absolute necessity.

The entire infrastructure of the site is being updated from older technology and frequently modded old code in order to accommodate modern features and meet mobile display requirements Google is implementing with relation to search ranking.

When you're tearing something down practically to the ground behind the scenes while still keeping the basic functionality of the whole site up and running, you have to make sacrifices. Every minute you spend fixing something that glitches out is a minute you're not moving forward with the full rebuild.

Taking the time to explain that is taking away time that could be used to work on the project as well.

And fixing something in software that's slated for upgrade to the latest version is even less time-effective. Upgrading to the current VBulletin is one of the stated goals of the site rebuild.

You don't replace the starter in a car to drive it to the junkyard.

My guess is that the linking fixes are being worked on with an eye toward the future. The current version of VBulletin isn't included in that future. They're probably making sure everything is going to work properly in the new version they're going to roll out. If they can solve the issue in the existing version in the meantime, that's all well and good, but it's probably not the priority, and should't be.

Remember, this is an enormous site with a massive database and around a million unique hits a day. Keeping the core site functioning ( which does not include the forum. It's irrelevant to the majority of visitors. ) is an absolute necessity.

Fix edit profile link....then update site. whats the issue? i'll put time towards the new issue of a website while basic functions haven't been usable for over a month?

Fix edit profile link....then update site. whats the issue? i'll put time towards the new issue of a website while basic functions haven't been usable for over a month?

WOW and the fucking edit button is gone now too?? so one cant even fix typos?? what a joke.

WHO the hell works on updating a site for longer than a month while basic functions of the site are no longer working? These basic functions should be addressed before an update

I wonder when somebody will choose to restore the completely basic components of this website

Isn't this site free

... and run on the basis of the goodwill of the few people who keep it going? Sure it's annoying not being able to edit one's profile, but it's not like anyone's dying. Or, more to the point, that you're not able to access a service you PAID for. :rolleyes:

... and run on the basis of the goodwill of the few people who keep it going? Sure it's annoying not being able to edit one's profile, but it's not like anyone's dying. Or, more to the point, that you're not able to access a service you PAID for. :rolleyes:

WHATS your point??? there are thousands of completely free websites all over the Internet and they all have people who are more than capable of running the website in charge of that. The point that you tried to make holds absolutely no ground, but nice try. There are hundreds and hundreds of people all over this site who are annoyed that nobody gives a shit to fix it when it's such a simple and quick fix. hopefully eventually more capable people will be in charge of running this website, since other websites don't seem to have any issue like this at all, let alone that go on for a month or more LOL. The fact that the website is free automatically means that those who handle fixing issues automatically don't need to be competent? hahaha okay buddy :) lazy ass people

Back