"Flippy" will be making your burgers soon

"Flippy" the hamburger flipping replacement for the fast-food kitchen worker is making its debut. Armed with cameras, sensors, and artificial intelligence to see what it's cooking it takes the burgers to the bun and "eliminates the safety hazards for kitchen workers in the fast food industry."

So that puts what about 1M of the 3.5 M fast food workers jobs at risk for automation in the next 5 years?

IMG_0543-800x420.jpg

They look WELL done

Except when you buy booze or ammo.

:D

But I love them since I am clearly a misanthrope...

I hate the self check out because it seems like something always messes up and the person gets called over.

I think your last line there is an interesting clue?????:D

This spells bad news for the likes of aj and dishrag. Lucky for them people will still want fries with their burgers.

"Flippy" the hamburger flipping replacement for the fast-food kitchen worker is making its debut. Armed with cameras, sensors, and artificial intelligence to see what it's cooking it takes the burgers to the bun and "eliminates the safety hazards for kitchen workers in the fast food industry."

So that puts what about 1M of the 3.5 M fast food workers jobs at risk for automation in the next 5 years?

IMG_0543-800x420.jpg

The penalty for demanding more in wages that your worth in the marketplace. This was the predicted outcome of the $15 dollar an hour demands of the economically illiterate on the left.

The penalty for demanding more in wages that your worth in the marketplace. This was the predicted outcome of the $15 dollar an hour demands of the economically illiterate on the left.

Oh look, the one trick pony found a way to make flipping burgers about politics. What a predictable waste of oxygen.

Please...

These were on the way before the demand for $15 an hour.

seriously. there's probably a dozen mcdonald's in my town and my town aint tiny, but isn't exactly huge.

and fuck that analogy anyway.

and all the fucking banks everywhere. that shit is just nuts.

And a happy healthy fuck you to you too! :)

I spent twenty years in the regional banking industry helping them grow. :D

Banking has been berry berry good to me.

Sorry about all those overdraft charges!

Just noticed it. Nice sig Rob, soon to be known as RobDownSouth1. :D

Please...

These were on the way before the demand for $15 an hour.

$15 dollar an hour demands accelerated the implementation of this technology. You cannot demand a near doubling of the Minimum Wage without consequence. Standard labor costs in the food service industry average about 30-35% of sales. It doesn't take rocket science to see what would happen to costs with that kind of an increase, costs that would have to be covered by even less in sales as higher prices drive down demand.

now explain automated checkouts because they put those in place when cashiers were still making seven dollars an hour.

now explain automated checkouts because they put those in place when cashiers were still making seven dollars an hour.

And there is still a cashier to handle the automated cashier users who probably wish they just went to a cashier to begin with who probably could've checked out everyone faster anyway.

Not to mention it's easier not to pay for shit than ever before ... or so I heard.

Do your own research, it's common economic knowledge.

:rolleyes: Once again, that's not how it works. You make the assertion, it's all on you to back it up. And "common economic knowledge" is irrelevant to the truth or falsity of your very specific assertion.

Check out the link I just provided to Pookie.

It talks about living-wage demands and it talks about a burger machine (and a much more versatile one than "flippy"), but it does not say the implementation of the latter was or would be accelerated by the former.

Last edited:
Where is one with this machine?

The last I heard this company is about a year away from entering the fast food market but was being quietly tested in selected locations. With the kinds of savings and efficiency it would bring to the industry it seems inevitable.

:rolleyes: Once again, that's not how it works. You make the assertion, it's all on you to back it up. And "common economic knowledge" is irrelevant to the truth or falsity of your very specific assertion.

It talks about living-wage demands and it talks about a burger machine (and a much more versatile one than "flippy"), but it does not say the implementation of the latter was or would be accelerated by the former.

I wonder who will operate the machine. How will the tomatoes and lettuce and such get in the machine? Are they gonna hire a $15 per hour technician to replace the burger flipper dude?

This.

What took it so long? Robots are everywhere. That trend will not decrease.

Somebody is going to have to maintain the equipment. There will be programming jobs and other jobs related to keeping HAL on task. If you are a burger flipper or a warehouse worker, the time to tool up is now.

hal-9000.jpg

I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

The last I heard this company is about a year away from entering the fast food market but was being quietly tested in selected locations. With the kinds of savings and efficiency it would bring to the industry it seems inevitable.

Nothing like that would stay quiet. It would be tweeted and Facebooked before the first burger was flipped.

My guess is its going something like this ...

tumblr_losx73nJVu1qzydh2o2_250.gif

Back