Am I being unrealistic??

I'm 23 and feel like I'm totally neglected as a wife..... my husband at 25 literally dislikes sex....unless HE wants it...which is about once every 6 or 7 days. It's all hit it and quit it with him as he lasts about 5-10 minutes with no foreplay. Am I being unrealistic about wanting sex every couple days?? Is it wrong that when he askes to finger me because he doesn't want me to be in a bad mood I get offended??? Give me your stories and help me out here!!

I'm 23 and feel like I'm totally neglected as a wife..... my husband at 25 literally dislikes sex....unless HE wants it...which is about once every 6 or 7 days. It's all hit it and quit it with him as he lasts about 5-10 minutes with no foreplay. Am I being unrealistic about wanting sex every couple days?? Is it wrong that when he askes to finger me because he doesn't want me to be in a bad mood I get offended??? Give me your stories and help me out here!!

This seems odd....
My wife and I are total opposites in our sex needs. When we were first together and young like you and hubby we had sex like every other day. Now it's like once every 10 days which is a bummer, but better then not at all

Last edited:
You're not being unrealistic at all. There should be some give and take in a relationship. But wanting him to be intimate when he's not feeling it might not work either. I know when I have to talk my wife into sex it's never that great because she's not fully into it. I wish I could say that I've found a way around it but there are times I get very frustrated with our sex life.

I fully understand...but this has been going on for 4 years....4. I've talked until I'm blue in the face. I don't want to just masturbate until I'm 90 and then die.

If you were in your 40's with a few kids and a full time job, this would be normal. You seem very young to have it dry up now. Sex never gets better with age, so it's time for a frank discussion on where your life is headed before you have kids and a mortgage. Do you think you deserve better?

Excatly, we have no kids, and I do work 40 hours a week...but that's normal. I know he won't be in the mood all the time..Hell I'm not either. But it's just building and building now. And i do not want to feel like a chore to him. I know that when we were in college that he could fuck 4 girls a day and be fine, then got married to me and it went down hill. grrrrrr

If you've talked to him and it's still not working maybe it's best to get counseling or maybe move on. If nothing changes it'll only get worse and create more tension between the 2 of you.

If he did that in college, maybe it's the pressure of his job or day to day things.

If not, and he's not having sex with you, who IS he having sex with?

at 25, a man is filled with sexual urges. if he is not showing interest to you either he is masturbating everyday or giving it to someone else. other possibilities of you being totally unattractive , or him being gay are far fetched. you need to look into it seriously. because this will not get any better. If this is not taken care of, it will surface at very unrelated matters and create devastation.

Oh believe me...I caught him cheat on CL before. It's nothing new. But I loved him....so I forgave...but never forgot.

I know this problem well... in my case, My girlfriends s3xdrive went down the hill because her job was too taxing... There was nothing I could do but be there for her, hope for better days and secretly masturbate...

Love,

Not at all.
Intimacy, especially sexual, should be on the schedule of both people. When it's not, one person gains the dominance of deciding when or IF it happens. I'm sorry you are going through that. I understand how upsetting it is.

-hugs-

Oh pixie, I feel ya from the other side as a married man going through same almost verbatim. I unfortunately have no good advice as nothing has worked for me either ):

He is surely missing out, he should be taking advantage of this time in your lives where the sexual energy is so strong. It doesn't last forever, he will be sorry in the long run I feel. Sorry for your dilemma, hope it gets better soon.

Thanks guys, sometimes I feel like I need to get consuling about my need for sex. I am trying to understand his side and not just bail out....but like all good stories there is hidden background and information affecting this. But when your wife is begging you to fuck her and she is literally crying because of frusteration...don't tell her you aren't in the mood and ignore her. lol The breaking point is being reached.

Thanks guys, sometimes I feel like I need to get consuling about my need for sex. I am trying to understand his side and not just bail out....but like all good stories there is hidden background and information affecting this. But when your wife is begging you to fuck her and she is literally crying because of frusteration...don't tell her you aren't in the mood and ignore her. lol The breaking point is being reached.
Poor thing, I hope you find a solution quickly... I whish I could do more than that, but I don't know how...

Maybe you should tell him you're not in the mood. Just see how he changes his tune then, lol.

Excatly, we have no kids, and I do work 40 hours a week...but that's normal. I know he won't be in the mood all the time..Hell I'm not either. But it's just building and building now. And i do not want to feel like a chore to him. I know that when we were in college that he could fuck 4 girls a day and be fine, then got married to me and it went down hill. grrrrrr

Sometimes it takes a "Come to Jesus" conversation. Tell him what's up and that there are these solutions. Give a couple and see what he does. If he bails, get out

Maybe you should suggest spanking or some bdsm derivative, would definitely spice things up a bit.

Read some stories in the bdsm section & get him to do the same. Maybe something might pique his interest; )

I love love loveeeee bdsm. But it's not his thing. He has tried it...but...after spankinng me he came in like 5 seconds.....maybe he liked it to much. I don't know. lol I'd try anything at this point.

Back